PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ARW, youve been to so many gigs. :drool:
The wait till september so far has been excruciating for me but thanks to you and all the others here i can at least survive with all of your stories and pics and so on.

:crack: I know…5 shows in 2 weeks. :reject: It's an amazing time and totally worth all of the money, GA stress, band meeting at the loading dock stress, and long waits in line and everything else. I had GA 3 times and seats 2 times. One of the times I had seats turned out to be one of my favorite shows of my 5. I wish I had more to go to but I'm totally out of money. I saved for a year so I could pay for it all in cash like a responsible adult and not have to charge anything. If it weren't for the lack of funds I would have gone to more shows on this leg!

Bloody lack of moneytrees everywhere. :angry: I know your problem :shifty:
I'm really curious if u2 is gonna do a second US/CAN and EURO leg.

Current plan is to stick to doing just the Amsterdam shows ( 1&2 Both GA ). Because money.
I have saved enough to buy tickets for AMS 3 and 4 too. But I'll see how that goes.. Don't see it happening yet. :giggle:

Bloody lack of moneytrees everywhere. :angry: I know your problem :shifty:
I'm really curious if u2 is gonna do a second US/CAN and EURO leg.

I'm going to have to consider getting a 2nd job if they announce a Dublin show. I saw them 10 years ago in Dublin and thought that was good enough but now I'm thinking I want more! It's so fun seeing them in their hometown. :drool: I'm really hoping for another round in the US/Canada. I love to travel to see this band!

I'm going to have to consider getting a 2nd job if they announce a Dublin show. I saw them 10 years ago in Dublin and thought that was good enough but now I'm thinking I want more! It's so fun seeing them in their hometown. :drool: I'm really hoping for another round in the US/Canada. I love to travel to see this band!

YEs , I love to combine traveling with seeing them too. Going to Germany and Belgium last tour was a blast.

I wanne see dublin too! :hyper: one of the things I've been shouting for years. But something always gets in the way for now. Same with California.
But hey.. I'm 23. I only just started earning a normal wage. :lol:

YEs , I love to combine traveling with seeing them too. Going to Germany and Belgium last tour was a blast.

I wanne see dublin too! :hyper: one of the things I've been shouting for years. But something always gets in the way for now. Same with California.
But hey.. I'm 23. I only just started earning a normal wage. :lol:

I would like to get back to Ireland without it being a concert trip so I can focus more on sightseeing. We intentionally did not do GA for the trip so we could still get to places in the day but I would like focus more on areas of the country I didn't go to or just spent the day in without feeling like I need to get back to Dublin for concerts. It's been 10 years so I'm due for a long trip soon!

Although…I did meet a great couple in the GA line in Chicago for one of my shows and now we're FB friends. I was offered a free room to stay if the band goes to Australia next year :hmm: Doubtful for me but still fun to dream about.

Thanks for the invite!

Hi all! :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Saw them at San Jose 2, the 4th show of this tour. Still feel a bit weird to realize they're still touring in the same country I live in (moved to the US 1,5 years ago) and doing so many shows over here..

:wave: where were you from originally? :D

did you see them in your previous place (country)?

it's a funny thing people from Europe, So America, Africa, much of Asia but NOT Russia, China, India or Canada experience - that you're just States instead of countries!

GLAD you got to see them here! :hyper:

Last edited:
Ya not been in Dublin ? :ohmy:

Well... PERKELE! No.
Thats why I tought I should make it worthwhile and stick around for traveling whenever I get there.
Also everyone in boston right now! Have an amazing time!

today I found out that my 19 year old intern doesn't know who U2 is. Never heard of them or even Bono. She didn't recognize a single picture of them and didn't know any of the songs I brought up. She didn't even hear about the iTunes album giveaway. :huh: She listens to all types of music too so I figured she would have at least heard about the iTunes thing. When I was 19 in the early 90's I knew tons and tons of bands from the '60s and '70s. It was much harder back then without the internet to get immediate info so I can't figure out how someone with technology at their fingertips cannot know who one of the biggest bands on the planet is. :|

today I found out that my 19 year old intern doesn't know who U2 is. Never heard of them or even Bono. She didn't recognize a single picture of them and didn't know any of the songs I brought up. She didn't even hear about the iTunes album giveaway. :huh: She listens to all types of music too so I figured she would have at least heard about the iTunes thing. When I was 19 in the early 90's I knew tons and tons of bands from the '60s and '70s. It was much harder back then without the internet to get immediate info so I can't figure out how someone with technology at their fingertips cannot know who one of the biggest bands on the planet is. :|

I was 20 when I saw my first U2 concert. There's a reason I went out to see them without any of my mates of the same age.

Nobody knew them. :giggle: Looooota kids get a bad or no musical background from their parents. I'm thankful I've been brought up with radio and music television since the 90's.

When your 19 right now.. All you have is reality TV, so you can't blame them.

I was 20 when I saw my first U2 concert. There's a reason I went out to see them without any of my mates of the same age.

Nobody knew them. :giggle: Looooota kids get a bad or no musical background from their parents. I'm thankful I've been brought up with radio and music television since the 90's.

When your 19 right now.. All you have is reality TV, so you can't blame them.

I can understand not knowing the music but to never have even heard their name before is mind blowing to me. Between my dad's record collection and MTV I had a huge knowledge of music from past generations by the time I was 19.

I grew up on MTV. There's a Journey album called Raised on Radio but I definitely was Raised on MTV when it was MUSIC television. I miss those days!

Oh you guys. It was amazing.....it's totally unreal and I am so exhausted after only two shows! I was sooo close. How close? Close enough to see the individual fuzz on Edge's arms and the IEM taped to the back of his neck. Will post all my photos when I upload!

People are crazy. I am forever grateful for MTV in the early 90s and also for my parent's vinyl collection. I listen to an 80s-90s-to present radio station whenever I'm in the car with my kids, so at least they know Prince and Heart and recognize Billie Jean from the bassline! I take their musical education pretty seriously. Yesterday I met an Indian guy at my hostel who had been raised in Eastern music and fallen in love with Western music via Bob Dylan, and had literally never heard U2 before. Based on our conversation he ended up at the show last night!

And on the other side of me was a man who had loved U2 since the the 80s but it was his very first show ever---one back from the rail in Boston! I was glad to be able to tell him NOT to go for a beer during the intermission. I thought it was way more crowded last night and people seemed to be getting wise that the intermission was so short, because I didn't see many empty seats.

Oh you guys. It was amazing.....it's totally unreal and I am so exhausted after only two shows! I was sooo close. How close? Close enough to see the individual fuzz on Edge's arms and the IEM taped to the back of his neck. Will post all my photos when I upload!

Both shows were incredible. For personal reasons, Friday night was other worldly for me. :heart:

Night 1 I was on the e-stage rail north side. Then I wandered up front for the encore. Last night I had a seat, but through....magic :shifty:, I wound up on the floor south side. I was out by the e-stage for when Bono came out, then hung back against the RZ rail.

I experienced thar a few times too. It's amazing to be so close to see stray hairs of his beard sticking up :drool:

:heart: him so damn much

People are crazy. I am forever grateful for MTV in the early 90s and also for my parent's vinyl collection. I listen to an 80s-90s-to present radio station whenever I'm in the car with my kids, so at least they know Prince and Heart and recognize Billie Jean from the bassline! I take their musical education pretty seriously. Yesterday I met an Indian guy at my hostel who had been raised in Eastern music and fallen in love with Western music via Bob Dylan, and had literally never heard U2 before. Based on our conversation he ended up at the show last night!

And on the other side of me was a man who had loved U2 since the the 80s but it was his very first show ever---one back from the rail in Boston! I was glad to be able to tell him NOT to go for a beer during the intermission. I thought it was way more crowded last night and people seemed to be getting wise that the intermission was so short, because I didn't see many empty seats.

That's awesome! I met so many people who said it was their first show after being a fan for 25-30 years.

ARW, be sure to catch the video of him coaching the nervous teenager through guitar on Desire. He was giving him the narrow eye because the kid was distracted Bono and the crowd instead of watching Edge like he should, but he was super sweet to the kid himself, catching his eye, giving encouraging winks and making damn sure the kid was following him for the bridge. :heart:

Can't wait to see your picspam Jeevey. And I'm looking for the kid who got the guitar on video. all I could remember seein in the Periscope feed that his SMILE was CHISSELED to his face. And probably still is.

I experienced thar a few times too. It's amazing to be so close to see stray hairs of his beard sticking up :drool:

:heart: him so damn much

Yes. And the little curls under the hat, I love those too. And you know what? It's not a mirage of the camera: he does in fact have a great body, and he does indeed move very, very well. :drool: Will be looking for footage of him dancing by himself on the e-stage during COBL to gif. :love:

yeah Edge is far too modest to show all of his funk but the man can move.

I remember seeing him playing UTEOTW in frankfurt and hannover, he was el fuego !
With him bending over the bridge , to strecht out to bono like wtf- a 16 year old. And now he did something similar on his knees during elevation this tour. Plus the dancing :drool:

Oh man, that backbend over the rail in Hannover.... :combust: Will also be giffing his skippy little funk down the catwalk during MW on the 10th. If you have not seen it check it out. He was in the zone ZOO TV style!

ARW, be sure to catch the video of him coaching the nervous teenager through guitar on Desire. He was giving him the narrow eye because the kid was distracted Bono and the crowd instead of watching Edge like he should, but he was super sweet to the kid himself, catching his eye, giving encouraging winks and making damn sure the kid was following him for the bridge. :heart:

I didn't feel like dealing with the periscope scavenger hunt last night so I just listened to it on mixlr. If you find a video of it post it here.

Yes. And the little curls under the hat, I love those too. And you know what? It's not a mirage of the camera: he does in fact have a great body, and he does indeed move very, very well. :drool: Will be looking for footage of him dancing by himself on the e-stage during COBL to gif. :love:

He did a dance/spin move right in front of me at Chicago 2 that I captured on video. 18 seconds of heaven. I have it on my phone and FB but I have NO idea how to get it on here. :huh:

Oh man, that backbend over the rail in Hannover.... :combust: Will also be giffing his skippy little funk down the catwalk during MW on the 10th. If you have not seen it check it out. He was in the zone ZOO TV style!

:ohmy: I must see both of these….do you have video links?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom