PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug: Oh no, what happened! :( I'm sorry to hear that!

Can imagine it's a lot of work, but it'd be worth it for all the love they give back. I'm sure I'll get cats again in the future, when I live on my own (horrible housing situation here so I'll have to wait until I get my degree and a good paying job). Probably will adopt two, since they'll be able to entertain each other while I'll be at work. Though it'll never replace my kitty, since I grew up with her and she meant so much to me, it'll be nice to have some furry companions again.

GG I was just thinking about you the other day and randomly logged in here just now and saw your post. I'm so sorry. I've been through it and it's just the worst. Hugs to you.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Weekend :hyper::applaud:

BCHxVL4.gif

Just so I don't bum everyone out with sad cat talk...

Through most of 2014, Jack, the long haired tux, had bladder stone issues that we were trying to treat with medicated food...in most cases, the food can dissolve the stones, but you have to keep a really close eye on them, because if they stop peeing at all, it can be bad news, and basically fatal within a day. So, for 6 months, we had been trying to fix him with food, and taking him for frequent check ups for that, and obsessing about his pee, etc. Abby had always been a barfy cat, but we never really worried about it, because it never lasted more than a day or so, she always ate, was always healthy. So just before Christmas, I went to buy their usual food, and the store was out of it. Instead, I bought a weight reducing blend of the same brand, rather than switch brands...I figured all of mine are well-fed, and couldn't hurt them to lose a few pounds. Abby didn't like the new food much, but she was still eating....and then we were preoccupied with Jack and his issues. Then the first thing we noticed was that Abby wasn't grooming herself, with her long fur, and thought maybe she just needed a haircut to help her, so we did that. And then I noticed that she started to lose a bit of weight, but nothing drastic...thought it was because of the change in food for a few weeks. Put them back on the old food, and she still seemed to be losing weight. Jack had surgery for his bladder stones just after new year last year...turns out, they were a type of stone that couldn't be cured by the medicated food. Then with all the cats back on their regular food, thought Abby would start to eat normally again. She didn't, so I took her to the vet. At first they thought her stomach was upset from hairballs, and gave us medication to try to settle it down. She wasn't getting any better, so I took her back several times...by the time we realized that something was seriously wrong, it was basically too late. They suspect she had a stomach lymphoma. Sarah came home and stayed with her while I was at work during the day. At night, she would sleep between my legs. We fed her tuna and tried to keep her comfortable and love her as much as we could, while trying different drugs from the vet. Then one evening, I could tell she wasn't doing well, but I didn't think she was in immediate danger or anything, But a few hours later, we lost her. Feb 13th. Heart permanently broken. I had a stern talk with the other six and told them that no other cat health issues are allowed for a very, very long time.

If you feel up to talking about Miep...what happened? Understand if you don't, though. :hug:

:sad: Damn, that's bad, I'm so sorry! Poor Abby :( She was such a pretty kitty! Hope the rest listen to your talk! Is Jack doing okay now? :hug:

I'll spoiler it as well as it's not very happy news either.

Basically what happened is what we feared for a long time. Miep was turned 18 in September and back then she started to get really thin (2 kilos thin!) so we took her to the vet as she was tired and lethargic a lot. Turned out her kidneys were the size of a walnut, probaly from old age but they weren't sure. So she was put on renal food immediately and started getting so much better instantly. Just back to her old cuddly self, ended up back at 2.8 kilos which is more normal for her, she's never been more than 3 anyway. Of course her old age started showing, she had a harder time jumping on things (finally the kitchen counter was a safe area to leave food! :wink: ) she was already deaf for a few years now, she had a couple accidents at night so she couldn't stay in my bed anymore, but nothing really major. We moved her box from the attic to the hallway, which was met with no problem. The new food really seemed good on her, absolutely nothing seemed off until she fell off my dad's lap on that bloody sunday in January. It was early in the afternoon, I tried to feed her a cat candy but she wouldn't take it, and after that she went to the box, puked as she got out, and went to sleep in her 'cat cave'. It's one of those fluffy things with a scratch pole on top, she hadn't been lying there in ages as she preferred the couch or one of us, but I didn't really focus on it. She occasionally switches her main spot anyway. I had an exam the next day so was studying most of the day. Then at dinner, she didn't pay any attention to us. Which is extremely odd as the last couple of months she's pretty much been sitting on my chair with me, watching us eat and getting some meat during dinner (was ok with the vet, she said I didn't need to deny her that as she was so old already). Yet now, nothing, just still in her cave. I was a bit worried but had to focus on my exam, so the next day she was still in there, told my dad to look after her, make sure she has water available nearby, left some food near the entrance and went for my exam. When I got back around 6pm, she had hardly moved the entire day according to dad. She did come out to drink a few times, but far less than normal, and she hadn't eaten at all. We tried feeding her her favourite, crust of brie cheese, but still nothing. So I called the vet and they made space for us instantly. When I tried to lift MIep into her travel cage, she hissed when I picked her up. It clearly hurt her a lot. During the trip she usually meows annoyed at everything, now it was just a sad, lethargic whine every now and then.. When we got there, I was already feeling like shit as I knew what was going to happen. And when the vet looked at her jaw, she already saw the ulcers indicating complete kidney failure. She was completely dehydrated as well. They could've saved her a couple more days by cleansing her system, but it would've only given her a few more days before the pain would return. So we had to put her down.
That was pretty much the hardest moment of my life.. I don't bond well with other humans, but she was everything to me. I grew up with her, been through so much and she was always there for me. Wow, even typing this almost a month later breaks me down completely.. it's still weird going in the living room not having her jump up from the couch waiting till you sit so she can steal your lap.. :sigh:
Geez this turned out to be quite a rant! Sorry about that! :hug: Hope we're done with kitty issues for a long while now. My sister's cat had surgery recently for kidney stones as well, but she should be fine for a while (has 1 bad kidney but the other seems fine).

Sorry for the late response by the way, just got back from a holiday week in Austria. :) It was nice to be out of the house for a while, ah well, back to real life soon.

domo-k

Oh wow. being a born and nyc'r very big city is what i know best , though older types of suburban towns -the ones with big ole trees because they've been around a long time and NOT A cookie-cutter type houses- is where I've spent alot of time with relatives.
Tho where I spent a lot of mylufe I had easy access to 2 parks that you could look down onto the Hudson River (actually a fiord) and with one really look northwards up the river & hills (including The Palisades- a geological wonder that some people actually come to see).

And vacation excursions into the high desert, high mountains and a forest here and there:D .

Looked at more e at googlemap but there was no overall street view map for the town expect a very limited places.

I did forget to put in their exact addres- it seems hey may be near one end or the other of the nst street. :der:

From what I saw tho I gotta excersize some more! :| :lol: it full of hills. ! Luckily in one way where I live in The Bronx it is hilly, much of it is mild to medium inclines. Just have make the uphill walk 4x's/week. I usually walk that way once a week or twice . I usually walk down a mild, medium, near major incline (in places) between (usually ) 4-5, times/week. So I have natural practice.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Gonna make a big pot of imported d Italian Artisan pasta w garlic, carmalized onions ripped slices of provolone cheese and maybe cherry tomoties to watch the Super Bowl Commercials & and halftime show! :hyper: :D

Last edited:
:sad: Damn, that's bad, I'm so sorry! Poor Abby :( She was such a pretty kitty! Hope the rest listen to your talk! Is Jack doing okay now? :hug:

I'll spoiler it as well as it's not very happy news either.

Geez this turned out to be quite a rant! Sorry about that! :hug: Hope we're done with kitty issues for a long while now. My sister's cat had surgery recently for kidney stones as well, but she should be fine for a while (has 1 bad kidney but the other seems fine).

Sorry for the late response by the way, just got back from a holiday week in Austria. :) It was nice to be out of the house for a while, ah well, back to real life soon.

Thank you for sharing that, GG. Those of us who have "been there done that" can totally empathise with you. In 2005 we lost our 20-1/2-year-old girl Miss Purrl to kidney failure. We managed to keep her going for a couple of years since she was first diagnosed, so I'm glad we had that time together. She slept with me every night!

Now our Callie, who is somewhere around 13 years old, during her annual exam last week was diagnosed with a mild hurt murmur and elevated kidney readings in her blood work, so we shall see how she gets along.

I love these little animals! :heart:

It's so nice to be able to talk to people who know how it feels. :hug: Most people here don't understand it cause they don't have pets or don't have the same bond with them. Yet you guys were just as nuts with your kitties as I was. pff, coming home after being on holiday for a week was strange. Part of me tried to convince myself it was all a dream and when I got home my cat would be there still. It's weird how the brain wants to fool itself. :crack:

It's so nice to be able to talk to people who know how it feels. :hug: Most people here don't understand it cause they don't have pets or don't have the same bond with them. Yet you guys were just as nuts with your kitties as I was. pff, coming home after being on holiday for a week was strange. Part of me tried to convince myself it was all a dream and when I got home my cat would be there still. It's weird how the brain wants to fool itself. :crack:

Always! :hug:

:hug: GG
it makes perfect sense! :(

after 9-11 for 2 weeks I woke to gorgeous weather (same as that day- but i'd had 40+ yrs of memory of that kind of low humidity blue sky weather w or without a few cloud in late summer) - since we were having a droughty-ish summer....
i'd be ahhhhh MORE gorgeous weather looking at the summ comomg through my window .... about 5 mins in while still lying there I'd suddenly remember

yeah i hear ya :hug:

still trying to get my first time passport :|

but :hyper::love: JUST down loading a free amazon app for learning French Phrases etc
since this is the French part of Switzerland where my relatives are.

i believe not only in text but w them spoken as well.

luckily i had a a bit of a french teacher back in grade school gifted class so the accent is fairly familiar to me :D

enjoy the rest of you weekend everyone! :wave:

Finally time for some good news :D After many years of struggling, finding out I have ADD at the last minute, I have finally passed my final course so will be picking up my Master's degree soon!

:lol: So fuck people who claim ADD and ADHD are not real and kids should not be medicated. If they had medicated me sooner, I would've gotten my degree in the designated 5 years instead of 8. My god what a difference a little pill can make in your life, suddenly being able to pay attention in class and being able to study rather than have my head distract me constantly, it gets pretty close to being magical! And boosted my grade for this course from a 2.5 to a 7.5. :D

Finally time to take the real world, get a good paying job and move the heck out of here! :cool: And be able to save more money for the next U2 tour now I don't have to pay tuition anymore.

And as soon as I live on my own I can get a kitty again. That'll be nice too. And a bigger fishtank, hehe. Oh and I still want Gecko's too.

Shit I'm gonna have myself a mini zoo at home. :lol:

Dazz, if you need a bit of help with French ask away. :) I've had it in school for 5 years and spent most of our family childhood holidays in France so I know the basics. :uhoh: Grammar I hardly remember though, but that's not very important in a restaurant and such haha.

Latest travel update.

Hopefully put inmy passport application early next week. Practiced on first one- I almost always take 2 or 3 forms so if I make a mistake I've got a, replacement right there. I guess. Have to put grey in hair color (tho i still have some browner sections) :sigh: section.

Turned out although their town doesn't have full Google Map Street View; there are a few highlighted places that do (a block or 2 in each direction) they live right near a cafe that does! I got their house as part of he 360° view! I didn't know for sure till my aunt e-mailed some photos, including a current snowy winter one. :lol:
I think it' s really funny to have found their house via ggl maps!

I showed someone the prints of the gglmap stuff and they agreed that one big windowed corner of their house with plant s out side and a vine make it look rather like a cafe!

Last edited:
BRIT awards tonight , Champions League footie tonight,
I hope at least Bono makes an appearance. Its almost a given, he was rumored for the apparent Bowie Tribute, and I saw on TUMBLR that he's back in Dublin since two days so I think he probably will make an appearance.. Not sure about the rest of the band.
They are up for Best international, alongside Alabama Shakes, Major Lazer, Tame Impala and Eagles of Death Metal.

I think the prize will go to EODM or Major Lazer. Altough U2 is obviously my winner. For getting EODM back on the horse , and being super gracious and you have to admit that their live production and performances have been really good.
But yeah, smae applies to most acts. :lol:

Tame Impala got the best Int grp award.......

an effing single act basicly......

I like their music btw but the category is just.... love putting Tame Impala on when on ze booze alone on summer nights :D

EoDM lost my trust as soon as Jesse talked about guns and things. and supporting Donald.

This really disappointed me too. But bare in mind that Jesse Hughes is not the most sane person on the globe right now, and hope its just the PTSD talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom