PGP - living underground & eating from a can

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You didn't even have photoshop back then, imagine what you could do now. :wink:

Remember that picture you did with all of us? :lol: That was awesome.

:lol:

I try to sound all threatening with my new found PS ownership but really, I'm still far more of a threat in paint. :wink:

Omg! The bar one? I'd forgotten about it. It's probably still floating around here somewhere, all unfinished.

:lol:

I try to sound all threatening with my new found PS ownership but really, I'm still far more of a threat in paint. :wink:

Omg! The bar one? I'd forgotten about it. It's probably still floating around here somewhere, all unfinished.

Yes, that one.

I wish i could complain :lol:

But i never do :reject:,

I expalined that on phone earlier in fan clun since 1984 , big trip planned for 40th birthday etc

Surely they have a plan in place for this sort of thing , i can't be the only one it's happened to :huh:

Aw, I wish I could do it for you. :hug: Maybe if you just call and ask them to give you a new one instead of fixing the old one, before your presale is over? They can do that right over the phone.

Jess, I like your design!

I don't remember it being like that for the show for me, but maybe I just didn't notice it. It was just the stupid download. But maybe they did something to it to purposely make it that way, so the download would be crappy quality? I wouldn't blame them.

The Vertigo Chicago dvd was shot in May for Christmas release. So releasing something from October for December would probably be a stretch.

I suppose they might of? Especially since during the first showing, people didn't seem able to rip it at all?

And heh, yeah. U2 aren't exactly speedy. It makes me laugh thinking that MJ movie footage was shot, thrown together into a movie and then likely going to be released before christmas.

On a somewhat related note, i was listening to NLOTH the other day and realized that I prefer the songs so much more live. It's like they lack that extra somethin on the CD. Am I alone in this feeling? :uhoh:

Yes, that one.

Aw, I wish I could do it for you. :hug: Maybe if you just call and ask them to give you a new one instead of fixing the old one, before your presale is over? They can do that right over the phone.

I asked that and she said that it had tobe refered uo to the management to decide if they can give me it :sigh:

You should def call them back Wild. You gotta push for it. Don't take no or we'll see what we can do, as an answer! :hug:

Is NI home? Maybe he can chew them out for you. Be your knight in shining armor?

I wish i could complain :lol:

But i never do :reject:,

I expalined that on phone earlier in fan clun since 1984 , big trip planned for 40th birthday etc

Surely they have a plan in place for this sort of thing , i can't be the only one it's happened to :huh:

:hug: You have a right to complain Wild!! They did you wrong so they have to make it up to you somehow!

I just got a presale notice for another artist I love, and the presale started 20 minutes ago. I just pulled up 4th row center tickets. Fuck you Ticketmaster, for taunting me with shows I can't afford to attend. :sad: :angry:

Bri, I know what you mean. I loathed Boots when I first heard it. Now I like it, but until I saw it played live back in March, I wasn't a fan.

NLOTH album version=:love:
NLOTH live=:combust: :holyshitthatisamazingsmiley:

I asked that and she said that it had tobe refered uo to the management to decide if they can give me it :sigh:

I dunno, I'd try again. I've heard of them fixing code problems, giving people new codes on the phone instantly. If they give you a new one and it's the Breathe presale, can you still use your Horizon code in that?

On a somewhat related note, i was listening to NLOTH the other day and realized that I prefer the songs so much more live. It's like they lack that extra somethin on the CD. Am I alone in this feeling? :uhoh:

NLOTH (the album) is weird for me. It does resonate for me emotionally on the album, and I love the songs, and yet I've probably listened to the actual album from start to finish no more than 10 or so times. But then I listen to HTDAAB, and it makes me...joyful, for lack of a better word, and when that came out, I listened to it a bazillion times.

I don't know. I was in two very different places in my life when they both came out, and I think that makes a difference to me.

No, not quite that bad. That would have me either in a fit of rage, or curled up in a fetal position, crying.

Gordon Lightfoot at Hamilton Place. :(

If it was Elton, maybe you could convince him to take EJ straight pron as payment?

And aww...you could always live like there's no tomorrow. :happy:
Of course, if there was no tomorrow, there'd be no show in your future, which would make obtaining tickets a rather pointless endeavor....

Bri, I know what you mean. I loathed Boots when I first heard it. Now I like it, but until I saw it played live back in March, I wasn't a fan.

NLOTH album version=:love:
NLOTH live=:combust: :holyshitthatisamazingsmiley:

I think that's sort of what it is like for me. I suppose, I didn't get all hyped on the album at first because I was so distracted with school and such. But like VP, when HTDAAB came out I listened to it a million times, yet this time I can count my nloth listens on one hand. But the songs live, some of them just seem to explode live. I can't even quite describe it, when I listened to say Crazy tonight, it was like it was missing something. Like it didn't quite hit that peak it does during the show, I guess it's just the extra energy and buzz of the show that overwhelms you when it's live.

Wild :hug: I know you want to give them time, but those fuckwits at fanfire might not decide until after the presales. It's been a few hours, that's plenty of time. Whenever this shit happens, my mom always stays on the phone and insists she talk to a supervisor or someone higher up.

If it was Elton, maybe you could convince him to take EJ straight pron as payment?

And aww...you could always live like there's no tomorrow. :happy:
Of course, if there was no tomorrow, there'd be no show in your future, which would make obtaining tickets a rather pointless endeavor....

I could even incorporate his husband into the story! I bet he'd like that. He could be the one who rescues him from the straights.

:sigh: It's totally not possible, unless the money fairy would like to pay me a visit. :(

I suck at complaining :sigh:

:hug: Don't think of it as complaining, so much as just seeking help. Like DG said, obviously the lower down person can't do anything -they don't have the authority. It's not their fault they can't make those deicions. So ask if you can speak to someone who can help. It's a reasonable request.

I'm pretty good at throwing an unholy tantrum. I learned it from the customers who call in and do the same thing to me all day at work.

Wild I just don't want to see you get screwed. I'm not worried about getting tickets, we have 8 months to get them. But you paid $40 to get in on the presale and you should be able to get in on it. It's not your fault they fucked up.

In customer service, you shouldn't have to wait on them. It should be the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom