PGP: Letting Our Freak Flags Fly... Again... Still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry might be at the bank (like a MF adult?) swapping some euros for Brazilian real? :wink:

I was worried my free net might be over too, it was down after New Year's but has come back again. I'm only getting a free ride cos for some reason my comp refuses to connect to my housemates' wireless net. :confused: Will have to get that sorted out when we work out what sort of net upgrade to get.

Big big :hug: :hug: :hug:s for Dazz and your family... it must be hard watching your dad in that condition. It's quite possible my own dad will be like that one day, so yeah. :hug:

I've tried to catch up but I probably missed some things... sending hot water bottles to those under feet of snow! :yikes:

What was that I saw about some sort of pseudo-Tim Tam available in N. America? Even if they're not real, they're probably still good! Try them.... :evil:

Angela, you said you know some people in Victoria here (re: the floods) - whereabouts are they? Some towns along the Murray river are still bracing for floodwaters... :|

The town my parents live in (that I grew up in) got a little bit of flood damage, but nothing serious. Some other places got totally swamped.

Larry might be at the bank (like a MF adult?) swapping some euros for Brazilian real? :wink:

LOL.

That seriously is a strange story. Go figure, I guess :shrug:.

Big big :hug: :hug: :hug:s for Dazz and your family... it must be hard watching your dad in that condition. It's quite possible my own dad will be like that one day, so yeah. :hug:

:( :hug:.

I've tried to catch up but I probably missed some things... sending hot water bottles to those under feet of snow! :yikes:

Haha, yay *Uses one to warm up her feet, which are rather chilly right now*. And it's not even as cold today as it has been the past couple weeks.

Angela, you said you know some people in Victoria here (re: the floods) - whereabouts are they? Some towns along the Murray river are still bracing for floodwaters... :|

The town my parents live in (that I grew up in) got a little bit of flood damage, but nothing serious. Some other places got totally swamped.

Glad your area's all right and your parents are okay. I've heard about some other areas getting hit so hard, though, my god.

May have misspoke a bit, 'cause I don't know about in Victoria itself, but still close enough-I have a friend whose home state is New South Wales, and I know a girl who lives in Canberra, they mainly seem to live near the Sydney area and areas close to that. Then there's one girl who lives on the other side, in Perth, but it sounds like it's mainly the eastern half of the country that's getting flooded, am I right?

I have gotten in touch with them, though, and they say they are fine, but they know people and know areas near them that have been hit pretty good, or at least had a small amount of flooding, like the kind your parents' area experienced.

And then I hear as well that there's wildfires in other areas of the country? Sheesh. Nature in a bit of a mood lately or what?

I hope the flooding and fires subside there very soon

Angela

:laugh:

Glad to hear your parents have survived the flooding okay (and you as well, I'm assuming...). And hooray for holidays! :hi5:

Yeah, there really wasn't any flooding in Melbourne at all, not like they're getting in the north and west of the state. Kerang got completely isolated and a lot of it went underwater. :yikes: Echuca got hit pretty hard too, my brother has friends up there.

And to think two years ago, the other half of the state was on fire... sigh!

Yay for your new office building, too! Sounds like you've got a good spot, although I sympathise on your screen being visible to others. Mine is too, but one of the systems we work in is blue too, so I like to delude myself that it's not always blindingly obvious that I'm checking a non-work site when I'm on here... :shifty: It's a bit hard with arse-slapping gifs popping up though! :giggle:

Was it you that was making the potato soup with cream cheese, Thora? That sounds awesome... mind you, cream cheese makes just about anything awesome, even celery. :drool:

Glad your area's all right and your parents are okay. I've heard about some other areas getting hit so hard, though, my god.

May have misspoke a bit, 'cause I don't know about in Victoria itself, but still close enough-I have a friend whose home state is New South Wales, and I know a girl who lives in Canberra, they mainly seem to live near the Sydney area and areas close to that. Then there's one girl who lives on the other side, in Perth, but it sounds like it's mainly the eastern half of the country that's getting flooded, am I right?

I have gotten in touch with them, though, and they say they are fine, but they know people and know areas near them that have been hit pretty good, or at least had a small amount of flooding, like the kind your parents' area experienced.

And then I hear as well that there's wildfires in other areas of the country? Sheesh. Nature in a bit of a mood lately or what?

I hope the flooding and fires subside there very soon

Angela

We have big states here... Australia has roughly the same land area as the continental USA, but only six states and two territories. Canberra and Sydney are a long way from the floods, yeah, although parts of northern NSW copped some flood water after it had gone through southern Queensland. But yeah, it is a bit like that... even for people who aren't affected, someone usually knows someone who does live in an affected area, and so on.

There was some flooding nearish to Perth before and after Christmas, the same area copped it twice, which is a bit harsh. And there were fires south of Perth at about the same time, and I just saw there have been fires in parts of South Australia too, although it doesn't look as if they're threatening much in the way of property.

There's a poem that was written about Australia way back when...
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains. (etc.)"

It's a beautiful poem, but I'm guessing the people who get devastated by doughts and floods and fires don't think it's quite so romantic.

Is it June yet? :shifty: :panic: :drool: :faint:

Perth12-19-2010Bonostarjoeahorro.jpg

Perth12-19-2010bonowheelsmokejoeahorro.jpg

Perth12-19-2010bonolaserdiscojoeahorro.jpg

Perth12-19-2010bonorosaryjoeahorro.jpg

Perth12-19-2010rosaryjoeahorro.jpg

Perth12-19-2010Angsunsuujoeahorro.jpg

Perth12-19-2010angsunjoeahorro.jpg

Perth12-19-2010bonoarmsjoeahorro.jpg

Isn't B part of our regularly scheduled programming? Hey, does anyone have that sepia photo of R&H or JT era boys, with Edge playing the piano and Adam playing that huge upright bass? I had it once, but I don't know if it's on the now ded laptop or if it's lost and gone forever.

Isn't B part of our regularly scheduled programming? Hey, does anyone have that sepia photo of R&H or JT era boys, with Edge playing the piano and Adam playing that huge upright bass? I had it once, but I don't know if it's on the now ded laptop or if it's lost and gone forever.

I'll find it. :)

Yeah, there really wasn't any flooding in Melbourne at all, not like they're getting in the north and west of the state. Kerang got completely isolated and a lot of it went underwater. :yikes: Echuca got hit pretty hard too, my brother has friends up there.

And to think two years ago, the other half of the state was on fire... sigh!

Yay for your new office building, too! Sounds like you've got a good spot, although I sympathise on your screen being visible to others. Mine is too, but one of the systems we work in is blue too, so I like to delude myself that it's not always blindingly obvious that I'm checking a non-work site when I'm on here... :shifty: It's a bit hard with arse-slapping gifs popping up though! :giggle:

Was it you that was making the potato soup with cream cheese, Thora? That sounds awesome... mind you, cream cheese makes just about anything awesome, even celery. :drool:

Oh yes, I remember those fires. :sad:

Yeah, it's been surprisingly easy to stay off the blue crack while at work. :lol: I just don't want to get caught looking at this site all the time. :wink:

Yup, that was me making the soup. It was so damn delicious! :drool:

Pretteh pictures! :drool:

I should really get to bed. G'night! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom