PGP: Let the GA Panic/Fun Begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I haven't told my mom I'm take Sat, Sun and Mon off to go to Nashville... I'm camping out, baby. That requires sacrifices. I don't like work anyway. :lol:

I told Drea this Friday after buying Zooropa and the Rattle & Hum DVD that I should jsut give Bono a hundred dollars ans tell him to split it between the four of them since I can't seem to stop giving U2 my money.

If my mom started waxing poetic about U2, it would be strange for me. But my mom is in her 60's. I'd tell her to stop being a cougar!

Well, girls--I am in my 60s, and U2 has been a part of me for over 30 years--we kinda grew up together. And my mom liked them a lot, too. If we hadn't lost her 10 years ago, I'm sure she'd still be a great fan, even though she'd be 89 by now!

As my uncle used to say, "Just because there's snow on the chimney, it doesn't mean that there's no fire in the fireplace." :cute:

My two sisters (who are both younger than I am) and I say this will be a picture of us someday--except we haven't let our hair go gray. :lol:

BonoOlderFans.jpg

:wave: Good thing you looked at that Nashville ticket and saw the date!:ohmy:

I know! Otherwise I'd be in a heap of trouble! I need to make sure I'm close enough for Reg the Lemur to have a good view. *snerks* I'll post pictures of Reg the Lemur and from the concert when I've a chance to get them off the memory card. I've got a nice picture of the back of Kristen's head. :lol:

Well, girls--I am in my 60s, and U2 has been a part of me for over 30 years--we kinda grew up together. And my mom liked them a lot, too. If we hadn't lost her 10 years ago, I'm sure she'd still be a great fan, even though she'd be 89 by now!

As my uncle used to say, "Just because there's snow on the chimney, it doesn't mean that there's no fire in the fireplace." :cute:

My two sisters (who are both younger than I am) and I say this will be a picture of us someday--except we haven't let our hair go gray. :lol:

BonoOlderFans.jpg

And that rascal Bono will still be looking great I'm sure too. :madwife: :love: :drool:

:lol:

I think they're looking at IT in that picture! That one lady is protecting her eyes!! :shifty:

BonoOlderFans.jpg

:bow:
I thought I was special with loving them since I was 12 and I'll be 40 this year. Yep, we grew up together even though they were 10 years older. As I've said, they have been my longest relationship so far.

My mom can have her Roger Daltry.

Wait, you are turning 40 too? Drea, Wild and I have all just recently turned 40.

Good question, why are you missing the pleba reunion, 2011?

:sad: It's just too far away from the other shows I'm going to on that side of the continent time-wise. If those shows had been even a week later I might have tried to extend my east coast tour, but I don't think you all need me hanging out over there for a month! :lol:

Wait, you are turning 40 too? Drea, Wild and I have all just recently turned 40.

Yep. In August! The Montreal and Moncton shows are a nice replacement for a silly and embarrassing party. Though, I fully expect some embarrassment now y'all know.

I have to say, I'm better at 40 than I was at 30. I was watching the Fly from 2001 and thinking as Bono ran around the heart - wow...he's doing that at 40. Then I think, well crap, you ran the Boston Marathon at 39! It can be done!

:sad: It's just too far away from the other shows I'm going to on that side of the continent time-wise. If those shows had been even a week later I might have tried to extend my east coast tour, but I don't think you all need me hanging out over there for a month! :lol:

Yes we do!:wink: It really is too bad. I think the shows are secondary for these. I can't wait to meet everyone! I'm glad you are doing Minni though!:hug:

Yep. In August! The Montreal and Moncton shows are a nice replacement for a silly and embarrassing party. Though, I fully expect some embarrassment now y'all know.

I have to say, I'm better at 40 than I was at 30. I was watching the Fly from 2001 and thinking as Bono ran around the heart - wow...he's doing that at 40. Then I think, well crap, you ran the Boston Marathon at 39! It can be done!

Are you on FB? :shifty:

Yes!:cute: You can pm me so that the whole Internet doesn't know your identity!:wink:

I'm home.

WOW. Just, wow. :heart: My god was that ever an AMAZING experience!!! :love:

I'll catch up on things later, but wanted to stop in and say hi first. :lol: I'm just going to start uploading pics and so on. :D

I slept 10 hours last night and am still exhausted. :lol:

Not even being in the line, I walked in when the gates opened (through a separate gate from the queue), spotted friends on the outer rail (including Thora - YAY!), and stood right behind them. By the time U2 came on stage, I was on the rail.

I'm so happy that happened - got a great spot and got to hang with friends without having to do the line. Once I got to the line in the afternoon and hung out in the sun for 10 minutes, I had to leave. I mean, I know I wasn't feeling well, but I don't know that I would have lasted sitting out there all day.

I guess I don't really need the full GA experience. At least when the stadium has a separate entrance once the gates open. ;)

It really was a great show. I don't know that I can judge/compare it to other shows yet, as it's too fresh. But it was a really great time.

GA line in Seattle?

Yeah, I did GA. First time doing GA ever. It was crazy stressful for the last hour or so of the lineup and getting into the stadium, but I got front rail by the catwalk on Edge's side, so I was pretty damn happy. :D

ETA - I got about 6-7 hours of sleep last night, at the max. I'm DEFINITELY going to bed early tonight. :lol:

Mine are totally not worth sharing, but I'll post one or two of the ones I feel actually turned out okay.

I wanted to just snap a few to show friends how close I really was, but you think you're close, and then you put the camera up and they seem so far away, so then you zoom, and then Bono moves, and then you have a blurry picture.

DAMN IT, BONO. :grumpy:

One of my work friends texted me about the show this morning - "Bono looks hot and fit." Yes, yes he does.

Yeah, I did GA. First time doing GA ever. It was crazy stressful for the last hour or so of the lineup and getting into the stadium, but I got front rail by the catwalk on Edge's side, so I was pretty damn happy. :D

ETA - I got about 6-7 hours of sleep last night, at the max. I'm DEFINITELY going to bed early tonight. :lol:

My first GA line was Winnipeg. I froze my arse off and it IS horribly stressful cause you're standing there and waiting. Kept trying to see the band every time they opened the gate, then it's the 'OMG why are you stopping me for a stupid security check?! Can't you see I'm trying to get to the RAIL?!?!?!?!?!?!'

It was fantastic. Drea had more of an Adam interlude than I did, but I'll swear that he winked at me. And Drea thinks Bono saw Reg the Lemur....

..... I want to do it again.....

Back
Top Bottom