PGP - Keeping Your Shutters Wide Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
‪‪
A cup is in an orderly state on a table, filled with orange juice, ready to be drunk. Until an outside force, like your elbow, the dog’s tail, or an angry cat acts upon it in such a way that it causes the cup to lose its centre of gravity and thereby succumb to it. As such, the cup falls to the floor. The force with which the cup strikes the ground and the equal and opposing force with which the ground pushes back against the cup causes the molecular bonds between the atoms of the cup to break, overcoming the weak force of gravity between the atoms, and the cup shatters. Its contents, the orange juice, are no longer contained by the boundaries presented by the cup and it spreads as far across the floor as possible while still retaining its surface tension. The cup, broken, and the juice, spilled across the floor, is in a more disorderly state than when they were on the table. This is due to the second law of thermodynamics which states that in an isolated system, such as our universe, the disorder, or entropy, always increases.

What does this prove? I am far too nerdy for my own good.

I'm sadz :sad:

I believe everything happen for a reason and that i wasn't meant to go to Toronto & Chicago

I now has that reason :sad:

My brother had a heart attack :(, all we know is that as a nurse his wife recognised the signs and rushed him to the hospital and that they removed a blockage. He is having tests to find the cause and will be in hospital for a while.

All your positives vibes will be appreciated :hug:

2) My insanely cheap Live Nation box set came this morning! :hyper:

3) OMFG, it's going to be so hot today. 10 am, and the humidex is already at 38 C. :crack:

Yay! Mine's probably still weeks away, floundering across the pacific, tied to the slowest turtle they could find...

I hope yours is sent soon, Wild! Seems unfair that everyone else's has shipped, from the looks of things. :(

38 is pretty bloody warm, but right now it sounds awesome... :drool:
(I know I have no right to complain about cold when it's still well above freezing... but I wasn't built for cold! *shivers in 6C*)

:hyper: That's awesome. We don't get RED stuff in Starbucks here. :(

We don't get RED stuff here at all, unless you count the occasional pair of RED Converse I saw last year and the year before. They hung around long enough to get me some Edgeshoes... :nerd:

We don't have that many Starbucks left here either, come to think of it. All that financial rubbish hit them pretty hard.

Ugh. Insomnia, ftl...or getting your days and nights mixed up, ftl. :down:

I went to a movie marathon when I was at uni, 12 hours of sci fi awesomeness... :drool:
When I got home it was 9am... I drew the blackout curtains and passed out in bed. When I woke up my clock still said 9:00, and I had to get up and look out the window to work out whether it was day or night. I think that's the only time I've managed to sleep 12 hours straight, not to mention being completely oblivious to people allegedly hammering on my door at some point earlier in the evening.

My brother had a heart attack :(, all we know is that as a nurse his wife recognised the signs and rushed him to the hospital and that they removed a blockage. He is having tests to find the cause and will be in hospital for a while.

Eek, Wild, I'm sorry to hear this! That must be scary... :yikes: :hug: :hug:

I'm glad his wife knew what was happening and he got treatment quickly... Hopefully that will be the worst of it and they'll fix him up soon.

Lots of good vibes for you and your brother :hug: :hug:

I believe everything happen for a reason and that i wasn't meant to go to Toronto & Chicago

Oh hon. :hug: I'm so glad you are able to be there and hopefully be with your brother and family.

All my thoughts and prayers are with you today. :hug:

Oh my goodness Wild! :( Sending good thoughts your brother's way. :hug: :heart:

:hug::hug: Wild:hug::hug:

Sending a million positive vibes your way!

Btw girls, there may be a crackberry in my near future :whistle:

Yay! and you won't have to worry about plugging your phone in hotel lobbies just to get one text :lol:

So, I'm up for the day, now. :happy:

:wave:

Did you get any sleep last night?

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this Wild. I'll be praying for you and your family. A bunch of hugs coming your way :hug: :hug:

:waiting: Am waiting for Dave ( my team leader ) to ring me back from work and let me know if I can go to that earlier Tired Pony show ( with the late one being cancelled ). Levels of people off that day are very high so he is trying to negotiate something alternative. Spoke to him 40 minutes ago, possibly not looking good, so will miss only Tired Pony show that they are doing world wide. :waiting:

If I can't go it will be the 3rd show this summer that's been cancelled on me. :|:lol:

Offer to go in early another day to make up the hours.

Eek, Wild, I'm sorry to hear this! That must be scary... :yikes : :hug : :hug :

I'm glad his wife knew what was happening and he got treatment quickly... Hopefully that will be the worst of it and they'll fix him up soon.

Lots of good vibes for you and your brother :hug : :hug :

Oh hon. :hug : I'm so glad you are able to be there and hopefully be with your brother and family.

All my thoughts and prayers are with you today. : hug:

Oh my goodness Wild! :( Sending good thoughts your brother's way. :hug: :heart:

:hug ::hug : Wild:hug :hug :

Sending a million positive vibes your way!

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this Wild. I'll be praying for you and your family. A bunch of hugs coming your way :hug : :hug:

Wild :hug: x 1000. I'm sending positive vibes to you and your family.

:( Wild. :hug :: hug::hug: Sending positive vibes to you and family. :kiss::hug:

Thanks girls i got all your hugs & vibes and their hugging me right now. I am truly blessed with the awesomest friends :love: :heart:

:waiting: Am waiting for Dave ( my team leader ) to ring me back from work and let me know if I can go to that earlier Tired Pony show ( with the late one being cancelled ). Levels of people off that day are very high so he is trying to negotiate something alternative. Spoke to him 40 minutes ago, possibly not looking good, so will miss only Tired Pony show that they are doing world wide. :waiting:

If I can't go it will be the 3rd show this summer that's been cancelled on me. :|:lol:

He still hasn't got bak to you :tsk:

Hopefully it'll be a good outcome for you :hug:

Fingers crossed you get to go :hug:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I just went to pick up my son after his first day of day camp (we've been together all summer so far). He was pouty faced. "Did you not have fun?" I asked. "I'm not ready to leave. I wanted to stay longer!" he says. So I told him I'd be back in an hour. Is it wrong of me to wish my 6-year-old had a cell phone so he could just call when he's ready to be picked up? :lol:

Aww! :cute: Glad he's having fun!

Maybe could he get one of the leaders to call you if he wants to stay longer? Not sure how all that works, but I'm sure someone would have a phone that he or they could use to get in touch with you. :)

Back
Top Bottom