PGP - Keeping Your Shutters Wide Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw. :hug: :hug: Let us know how it goes!

22 C :drool:

I just made coleslaw...pretty fucking effortless, right? I ripped open a bag, chopped some onion, poured on salad dressing, and then stirred. I'm all hot and clammy now. :|

Any type of movement in this heat will make you sweat. Even just simple breathing. :huh:

:applaud:I talked hubby into going to the States for supper!

We go to this wonderful little town called Grand Marais. It's very slow paced, and our fav Pizza shop is there. It is only a 1 1/2 hour drive away, and the temp there today is 22 C. :D

*remembers Grand Marais* :)

Kristen - one of the persians went to a friend who's been gone from T Bay even longer than me :lol: Lots of icing, and everyone at the yarn shop at the time got to see one :wink: Her reaction was about the same as mine was :lol: (The words "Oh my God so good!" were used :giggle:)

Walking across the border.:lol: Any time we go, it is like a mini vacation. :up:

I know - it's a bit funny. :D

Yes, it totally is like a mini vacation! :drool:

Aw. :hug: :hug: Let us know how it goes!

22 C :drool:

I just made coleslaw...pretty fucking effortless, right? I ripped open a bag, chopped some onion, poured on salad dressing, and then stirred. I'm all hot and clammy now. :|

Thanks. :hug: Will do.

Sounds delicious! I love coleslaw! But the fact that such little energy expended makes you sweat has not got to be fun. Ewwww. I love heat, but when it's THAT hot, that's not pleasant at all. Maybe have a nice cool shower? That's always glorious when it's roasting hot outside.

How are you surviving??

Work has a/c (though the corner where I am there's no cool air coming out, but the floor in general is pretty good and we have a fan in our corner)... at home I strip down to as little as possible and have both fans in the living room on high and pointed at my computer chair :lol: I have a small fan in my bedroom that sits next to the bed and is directed at the part where I sleep (not hard, it's a daybed :wink:)

*remembers Grand Marais* :)

Kristen - one of the persians went to a friend who's been gone from T Bay even longer than me :lol: Lots of icing, and everyone at the yarn shop at the time got to see one :wink: Her reaction was about the same as mine was :lol: (The words "Oh my God so good!" were used :giggle:)

Yes...persians are like heaven :cute:

I know - it's a bit funny. :D

Yes, it totally is like a mini vacation! :drool:

Thanks. :hug: Will do.

Sounds delicious! I love coleslaw! But the fact that such little energy expended makes you sweat has not got to be fun. Ewwww. I love heat, but when it's THAT hot, that's not pleasant at all. Maybe have a nice cool shower? That's always glorious when it's roasting hot outside.

My upstairs is not air conditioned. Any showering benefit lasts for about 5 seconds, and then I feel grosser than I did before the shower. When I get out, it's like a rainforest in there.

Work has a/c (though the corner where I am there's no cool air coming out, but the floor in general is pretty good and we have a fan in our corner)... at home I strip down to as little as possible and have both fans in the living room on high and pointed at my computer chair :lol: I have a small fan in my bedroom that sits next to the bed and is directed at the part where I sleep (not hard, it's a daybed :wink:)

You're a stronger person than I am. :up: :wimp:

I'd like to extend Mr Ringo Starr a happy 70th birthday.

:laugh: Well, you never know. He is getting up there.

How funny would it be if Paul ends up the only surviving Beatle? Though it'd be just as funny as RINGO being the only surviving Beatle.

Every time we see a celebrity trending, if we're not aware of some reason for it, we both kind of hold our breath for a sec till we see what it is - half in jest, but sort of seriously too, you know? We do it so often, it's become a thing. But with Ringo and his age, I think she was completely serious this time.

I lurk at this other message board sometimes, and they have a celebrity subforum, and the thread titles are just the celebrities' names. When an unlikely thread gets bumped, so many people were saying "omg, I saw this and was so worried for a minute" that they started putting disclaimers under the thread names. For example: "Roger Ebert - don't worry, he's fine!"

:lol:

Every time we see a celebrity trending, if we're not aware of some reason for it, we both kind of hold our breath for a sec till we see what it is - half in jest, but sort of seriously too, you know? We do it so often, it's become a thing. But with Ringo and his age, I think she was completely serious this time.

I lurk at this other message board sometimes, and they have a celebrity subforum, and the thread titles are just the celebrities' names. When an unlikely thread gets bumped, so many people were saying "omg, I saw this and was so worried for a minute" that they started putting disclaimers under the thread names. For example: "Roger Ebert - don't worry, he's fine!"

:lol:

:lol: Same here. I've been guilty of gasping before clicking and breathing a sigh of relief.

The dude who played the dad on Family Matters was trending not that long ago, and people were all, "wtf, he's dead?! :sad:" Turns out he just got a part in the new Transformers movie, but people were assuming he'd kicked the bucket. :laugh:

LOL, ain't it the truth? Some actor/musician we all kind of forgot about is suddenly popular again! Oh, crap! Are they dead?

My brother just asked me for some fuckin' apple juice. I should be ashamed. I can't stop laughing.

My brother just asked me for some fuckin' apple juice. I should be ashamed. I can't stop laughing.

When my little guy was 2 and a half, we walked out side in the dead of summer. He said "It's so fucking hot." My husband just looked at me. :angel:

:lol: So awesome! :D

Haven't heard anything from my mom yet. I'm not certain how long the surgery is supposed to take, but I'm getting a bit stressed out here. Hopefully she'll call soon with an update.

Thora, I must've missed a post or two but sending positive vibes for your family. :zen:

Thank you. I really need that peace. :lol: My stomach is in knots and I keep obsessively checking my phone to make sure it didn't ring and I missed the call. :crack: :lol:

5 hours from race time and my stomach is doing sommersaults :crack:

Aww. :hug: You'll do awesome! Sending peaceful vibes your way too. Good luck!! :cheer:

A centipede just scampered across my living room floor (which is awful in and of itself), and I screamed out loud. Not that centipedes aren't vile, but at most they merit an enthusiastic "ew, ew, EW!" while I'm swatting at them. This was a full-blown scream. I'm still jumpy because of the mouse. :reject:

oh dear...that's understandable being extra jumpy.:hug:

Not sure if I've ever seen a centipede- other than in an insect exhibit in a zoo or I might have seen one one time and didn't get really freaked out, so it hasn't stayed in my memory.

What does stay in my memory was the time i was washing my hands in the sink and out of the corner of my eye I saw "something". I turned to take a better look. It was a silverfish.... eeeeeeee! eeeewwwwwwwww... slinking across the tub.:yuck:

I'm not that easily freaked out by many insects in general. Some I find fascinating etc. But roaches, water-bugs and silverfish. Eeeeeee and EEEEWWWWW!

Thank you. I really need that peace. :lol: My stomach is in knots and I keep obsessively checking my phone to make sure it didn't ring and I missed the call. :crack: :lol:

Aww. :hug: You'll do awesome! Sending peaceful vibes your way too. Good luck!! :cheer:

I just saw your facebook. Now I know why you're sitting on the phone. :pray:

And thanks for the cheer vibes.

Hi dazz!

I just saw your facebook. Now I know why you're sitting on the phone. :pray:

And thanks for the cheer vibes.

I haven't heard anything in 5 hours, so as a natural worrywart, I'm just a bit stressed. I'm sure everything's fine, and maybe the surgery was delayed or whatever, but I just wish I knew something. I'm sure my mom's phone will be shut off, as most hospitals don't allow them to be on, so even if I called her, I'm sure it would go straight to voicemail.

*breathing in and out, and not trying not to be a drama queen* :lol:

Back
Top Bottom