PGP - It's quiet and there's no one around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't like 'The Virgin suicides' but I honestly can't remember why exactly or anything about it - I watched it when it first came out on video and just remember not liking it :shrug: sorry :lol:

Russty - Thats a sweet story :heart:

Great story about PJ, Russty :) And thanks...I think it's mostly the weather we've been having, lately. I hope things work out for you and your friend.

Yeah, Virgin Suicides...I thought we'd seen it, but Sarah says no. :huh:

Maybe I'm confusing it with Heathers? :huh:

I have too many unwatched DVD's or partially watched sets of TV show DVD's sitting around my house. :tsk:

Good thing the TV season's over -- maybe I'll finally watch some of my DVD's instead of reruns.

As long as I don't start getting old season DVD sets of 24, I should be OK ... :wink:

Russty Cat said:

I saw Virgin Suicides ages ago Sami and I can't remember much about it. I watched My Left Foot and Chocolat today. I still have Van Helsing to watch, but I was waiting for the kids to go to bed so it doesn't freak them out. :giggle:

Van Helsing *G* Hugh Jackman's okay, but it's worth the price of admission to see Dave Wenham as Brother Carl :lmao: I should pull the dvd off the shelf and watch it again...

VintagePunk said:

Yeah, Virgin Suicides...I thought we'd seen it, but Sarah says no. :huh:

Maybe I'm confusing it with Heathers? :huh:

I don't really know what it's about...just that it's teenagers, and they kill themselves or something? :lol: :huh:

I've never heard of Heathers...

:lol: Jo I'm a movie junky we always have tons waiting to be watched.

I'm seriously considering getting the blockbuster.com account where they mail you 8 at a time. I was telling Mr. Cat about it and he said I sounded like a crack addict talking about their next hit. :lmao:

Russty Cat said:

I'm seriously considering getting the blockbuster.com account where they mail you 8 at a time. I was telling Mr. Cat about it and he said I sounded like a crack addict talking about their next hit. :lmao:

Oh, man ... I'd never leave my house!

One of my coworkers has his Netflix DVD's mailed to our office -- I know this because I used to sort our department's mail. He gets one or two DVD's in the mail a day. I wonder if the dude's hiding a movie addiction from his wife and kids ... :lol:

***sami !!!>>>>>>

I saw the who thread.....bout the new album {over in ??? Just the Bang & Clatter}........but one :huh: thing...Pete saiys he's waiting to hear from Roger if R is going to SOME sing the songs???

How can it even BE considered a Who album if "all" it is is Pete singing.............

any info/any thots on this? :help:

:wink:

I love David Wendham in Van Helsing. :lol: He is so goofy. :giggle: But I swear I still want to call him Daisy Wendham from the stupid LOTR stuff. :lmao:

I wish you guys could go with me to the PJ concerts. Its seriously some of the best moments of my life. I knew there was nothing like it a few years ago when I was at a show with a group of online friends I was crying like sobbing to the point of no noise and snot just running down your face. I looked around and even the guys that were with us where just sobbing! :lol: I was like damn I'm home! On the way to the car after that show one of the guys said "DAmn I'd so go gay for Ed!" :lmao:

I never thought I'd find another group like that till I found U2 and you guys. Its such a blessing in my life to have friends who are here for all the good and bad stuff in life and who understand how important the music can be. :heart: :love:

Russty Cat said:

Luckily for you the "blue crack" is usually easier to obtain! :lol: :wink:

BTW........what are you knitting up?

jobob said:

Oh, man ... I'd never leave my house!

One of my coworkers has his Netflix DVD's mailed to our office -- I know this because I used to sort our department's mail. He gets one or two DVD's in the mail a day. I wonder if the dude's hiding a movie addiction from his wife and kids ... :lol:

:lmao: The poor guy needs to just come clean to his wife. Mr. Cat knew what he was getting into when we started dating and I owned many movies and was on a first name basis with the video store. :lol:
We own about 200 hundred now and rent about 10-15 a week. :reject: But we don't get regular tv all the time, since we don't have cable so we watch alot of movies when there isn't anything on.

I loved Heathers when it came out, because Christian Slater was so hawt like woah! :drool: But its seriously a cheesy movie. :lol:

Russty Cat said:

I wish you guys could go with me to the PJ concerts. Its seriously some of the best moments of my life. I knew there was nothing like it a few years ago when I was at a show with a group of online friends I was crying like sobbing to the point of no noise and snot just running down your face. I looked around and even the guys that were with us where just sobbing! :lol: I was like damn I'm home! On the way to the car after that show one of the guys said "DAmn I'd so go gay for Ed!" :lmao:

I never thought I'd find another group like that till I found U2 and you guys. Its such a blessing in my life to have friends who are here for all the good and bad stuff in life and who understand how important the music can be. :heart: :love:

:yes: amen!

It'd be so much fun.!
..i really was :hyper: that Eddie was at our Concert For Change show!!!!! of course he was great!

dazzledbylight said:

Luckily for you the "blue crack" is usually easier to obtain! :lol: :wink:

BTW........what are you knitting up?

my first pair of socks. :hyper: :lol: I was always like why the heck would you knit socks, but I finally thought it would be a fun challenge to do something I hadn't tried before.

I would have loved to have gone to the Concert for Change. There were so many good acts! :yes:

Russty Cat said:

:lmao: The poor guy needs to just come clean to his wife. Mr. Cat knew what he was getting into when we started dating and I owned many movies and was on a first name basis with the video store. :lol:
We own about 200 hundred now and rent about 10-15 a week. :reject: But we don't get regular tv all the time, since we don't have cable so we watch alot of movies when there isn't anything on.

:giggle:

Oh, yeah.... I'd make sure I had lots more Movies..... on vid.....to play IF I didn't have cable when I FINALLY get a NICE apt of my own....... I :love: CABLE tv!

I'm thinking of getting {from my Mom"S sis"s B-D money to me and bout 20 - 30 bucks of my own....a portible DVD player! :hyper: WHICH I'll NEVER TAKE OUT OF THE HOUSE!! :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Russty Cat said:

my first pair of socks. :hyper: :lol: I was always like why the heck would you knit socks, but I finally thought it would be a fun challenge to do something I hadn't tried before.

I would have loved to have gone to the Concert for Change. There were so many good acts! :yes:

SOCKS!!! :giggle: it IS a challange! but Yeah,,, there's is something about having a pretty & snuggly pair of socks you've made yourself {or you've given/gotten as a gift} !

TC4C we saw was Bruce/Jackson Browne/Eddie & John Fogerty

fantastic show!

dazz, my laptop has a DVD drive. Which is very helpful, since I never did figure out how to hook up my DVD player to my TV. :mad: Good thing it was a cheap DVD player.

I really ought to sell that DVD player on eBay. Along with a bunch of other junk, I mean, stuff, around my house. :hmm:

I wanted to see one of my city's Vote for Change concerts (the one with Bruce, of course). Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck in the ticket lottery or however they sold those tickets. :(

Last edited:
Dazz, I didn't see that Who thread. But what I can tell you is that I watch Pete live almost every week, and what I'm getting from him is that Roger WAS doing vocals. :shrug: Maybe Pete sings some of them, but I could almost swear that Pete has said he was in the studio with Roger so that Roger can finish vocals.

**I just looked in Bang and Clatter and I don't see any Who threads...

dazzledbylight said:
yeah, sell the stuff and save your bucks for a rainy daY OR THE next u2 TOUR! :hyper:

That would be the U2 "Chopsticks Tour," featuring Bono on piano? :giggle:

Naah. If he feels he needs music lessons, then who am I to snark? Bad Jo, bad bad jobob. :no:

~BrightestStar~ said:
I'm hungry.
:angry:

Someone get me some food....:drool:

2.gif

2.gif

Back
Top Bottom