PGP : It's July and time to PARRRRRRRRRRRR-TYYYYYYYYYY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soundboarding means hanging out by the soundboard, which is towards the middle/back of the stadium in GA, instead of going for the pit. :D

Ooooo! Despicable Me is on! I :heart: that movie!

I saw that for the first time a few months ago. Very cute! :cute:

Well, I'm going to take the dog for a walk, and then hit up a really nice sounding restaurant for dinner. I don't normally go out to nice places by myself, so hopefully they won't treat me too snottily. :lol: I've read a bunch of reviews, and sounds like they have fabulous food. :drool:

It worked!!:hyper:

MTE, that pic of the rat's tail you posted in the Montreal thread had me laughing so hard I was crying. I am sure Mark will LOVE it!:lol:

I think I might break the record for the most stuff brought on a trip. I was doing a lot of organizing today.

I'm bringing as much GA stuff as I possibly can cuz I wanna be comfy. I'll cab it back to the hotel to bring my stuff back. :wink:

I'd love to do a tent, but since I'm just doing the one tiny carry-on (I refuse to pay $40 for baggage! :reject:) it's pretty much just clothes in there! Wouldn't it be great if the U2 Crew someday started providing shade for crazies like us?

I saw that for the first time a few months ago. Very cute! :cute:

Well, I'm going to take the dog for a walk, and then hit up a really nice sounding restaurant for dinner. I don't normally go out to nice places by myself, so hopefully they won't treat me too snottily. :lol: I've read a bunch of reviews, and sounds like they have fabulous food. :drool:

*wonders if Thora is still doing her food blog*

Guys, I have discovered the BEST GA INVESTMENT EVER.

0075524701256_300X300.jpg

Wal-Mart has these little misting fans for like $3! They have a little squirt gun-type area you can fill with water, and run off one battery. I just tested mine, and it works pretty darn well for the price! :up:

^^ ooh - I may have to make one more target run tomorrow - I bet they have something like this...
eta: something like the fan thingy, not like EdgeAss

okay I need help. I'd like to wear a hat in line. I have a great straw cowboy hat but it won't work for being in the show (too loose, might fall off, blocks too much of my view). I have a nifty U2-360 hat which would be great, but I kinda feel lame wearing a U2 hat to a U2 show where said hat is being sold. Is that lame? Am I the only one who thinks it's lame to wear gear from the show you're attending?

I don't think it's lame at all. I can't find a hat that fits me anywhere! I say bring it!

^^ ooh - I may have to make one more target run tomorrow - I bet they have something like this...
eta: something like the fan thingy, not like EdgeAss

okay I need help. I'd like to wear a hat in line. I have a great straw cowboy hat but it won't work for being in the show (too loose, might fall off, blocks too much of my view). I have a nifty U2-360 hat which would be great, but I kinda feel lame wearing a U2 hat to a U2 show where said hat is being sold. Is that lame? Am I the only one who thinks it's lame to wear gear from the show you're attending?

If Target sold EdgeAss I'd LIVE there.

Re: Hats- The *other* guitarist in my life has been known to wear a) his own band's t-shirt to gigs and b) a baseball cap advertising the attraction he works at. So I vote that u2 hat at U2 show is rockstar-approved. Or you could always wear the cowboy hat most of the day and drop it off sometime in the afternoon!

I may possibly end up just sticking a towel on my head to reflect sunlight. But I will ROCK that towel. :flirt:

If Target sold EdgeAss I'd LIVE there.

Re: Hats- The *other* guitarist in my life has been known to wear a) his own band's t-shirt to gigs and b) a baseball cap advertising the attraction he works at. So I vote that u2 hat at U2 show is rockstar-approved. Or you could always wear the cowboy hat most of the day and drop it off sometime in the afternoon!

I may possibly end up just sticking a towel on my head to reflect sunlight. But I will ROCK that towel. :flirt:

I'd love to wear the hat most of the day and then drop it off at the hotel if I can (and redo my hair so I don't have hat heat), but leaving the line later in the afternoon always makes me nervous and I do NOT want to ditch this cowboy hat - it's my fave.

I'm hoping I can make a hotel run around 1 or 2 to take a super quick shower, change clothes, and maybe just flop down in the air conditioning for a minute or two! But that timeframe probably interferes with prime hat-wearing hours.

*wonders if Thora is still doing her food blog*

Yes, I am. I haven't posted much, but I will DEFINITELY be writing about this place. OH. MY. GOD. The food was phenomenal!! :combust: :drool: Holy shit, yo. So tasty. I spent a LOT of money, but it was oh so worth it. :lol:

Guys, I have discovered the BEST GA INVESTMENT EVER.

0075524701256_300X300.jpg

Wal-Mart has these little misting fans for like $3! They have a little squirt gun-type area you can fill with water, and run off one battery. I just tested mine, and it works pretty darn well for the price! :up:

Oh cool! I should definitely go in search of one of those. Or maybe the dollar store across the street will have something similar. :hmm: Those will definitely come in handy in the GA line!

In other news, I've tried calling every single phone number for my parents today, including their office (which nobody answers on weekends, to my knowledge), but no answer. Where are they?! This is so weird for them to be completely off the grid. I can always get them at ONE number. But to have NONE of the phones be answered at all today? :uhoh: I left my dad a voicemail on his cell phone this morning, so hopefully they'll call back at some point tonight.

I'm roasty and toasty thanks to 4 beers. :D

Wow, you have been busy this weekend. Apparently, I'm being more zen about this. Enjoying my weekend and will think about the rest come Tuesday.

3 years ago, I was receiving an epidural while in labor for my daughter. 3 years goes so fast. :sad:

ETA: The neighbors 20-something kids thought I was 'hot' and looked like Pink. It's the best compliment I've ever received.

You know what you should never do? Watch the 2006 remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" while eating sausage...

It's just not a good idea.

The really bad thing about this bad idea is now that I've started watching the movie, I can't stop... nor can I stop eating.

ETA: The neighbors 20-something kids thought I was 'hot' and looked like Pink. It's the best compliment I've ever received.

Aww, that's awesome! :)

You know what you should never do? Watch the 2006 remake of "The Hills Have Eyes" while eating sausage...

It's just not a good idea.

I'm guessing there's grossness involved? :lol: I think that's a horror-ish movie, right? I'm waayyyy too chicken to watch those kinds of movies. I'd have nightmares for eons. I'm too much of a wimp. :)

I briefly popped into the setlist party to see what was up tonight for Nashville, and it's mostly all boob gifs. :huh: I'm not opposed to the boobage, but that seems a little weird. I got the stream link and then left. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom