PGP: It's Beer O'Clock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure if I can imbed this. Here are the ones that flew off my feet.

reitmans_844426_0_0.jpg

Here are the ones I didn't buy.

Can't find the image file for it, but here's a link.

SHAMEL - women's flats sandals for sale at GLOBO Shoes.

not shoe buying regret is one of the most painful regrets. Right up there with Boy I Didn't Kiss regret. :sigh:

I compromised. Having a beer now, will have a gnt when Mr. Z gets home :giggle:

Ah yes, shoe regret. I has it. :sigh:

There was one skirt I almost didn't buy, and every time I passed by the shop and saw it in the window, I'd sigh with lust. My roommate finally got fed up with me and told me to go buy the fucking skirt because I obviously was going to regret not buying it (it was SUPER expensive, which is why I was hesitating for so long). I bought it and am so glad I did. I got a LOT of use out of it, so it was worth it in the end. :)

Thanks Dazzled. :hug:

I also tried on a pair of patent pumps, for work. Omg. It physically hurt to leave them in the store. :sad: I can't even find them online, so i can have a picture of what might have been. :(

See, that's why I'm not big on sandals. I like tennis shoes or slip-ons better. I'm not a huge shoe-buying person, though. I just want something that will be comfortable to walk around in, especially given where I work.

Yay for getting a nice skirt, though, at least, that's something :up:. Sorry you've had a shitty time of it of late, VP :hug:. Hopefully next week will be better.

when i'm all better i want get get some leather lowish-just below the calve scrunchy boots ... black, or a :drool: deep grape purple, or maybe a :hmm: a darkish garnety red... with a 1 inch heel or so.

then i'll make a brass "bracelet" i can put on one boot "ankle"

Ah yes, shoe regret. I has it. :sigh:

There was one skirt I almost didn't buy, and every time I passed by the shop and saw it in the window, I'd sigh with lust. My roommate finally got fed up with me and told me to go buy the fucking skirt because I obviously was going to regret not buying it (it was SUPER expensive, which is why I was hesitating for so long). I bought it and am so glad I did. I got a LOT of use out of it, so it was worth it in the end. :)

Aw, so glad to hear you got it! Do you have a picture of it?

Thanks Angela. :hug: The one saving grace is that my manager was aware of the whole saga all the way through, and she backed me up 100%.

I swear, 90% of the people I work with from agencies are kids fresh from school, they think the know EVERYTHING, and I just want to shake them and send them to their rooms without dinner.

WHAT??? SHUN!!!!!!!! Maybe you'll come back around to them later in life. I had a conversation about "top 5 favorite bands" the other day and the first thing I said was "Can we just leave The Beatles and U2 out of this?"

It's possible...slightly more likely than me listening to jazz without cringing/headache...and it'd have to be under the condition of people I know not constantly saying the Beatles are on a higher level than anything else, ever.

Basically every single high school girl...and occasionally college...and definitely some guys...and a shitton of adults...I've met have gone on and out about the Beatles being gods, I can't stand it. Not without them having some serious understanding of the band—without that, they do not have the right.

I'm kinda iffy when people are like that with Nirvana, too. Because I'm really into them. But people act the same way. There are just bands that a large amount of people obsess about without much knowledge :/

And re: shoes. Isn't it terrible to make the choice between support/comfort and shoes that aren't ugly? I was in REI yesterday. The shoes there are depressing. I assumed they'd have proper support for my feet beyond hiking boots or whatever...no. The flats are flats, the sandals are sandals, bam, feet dead.

(Katie has shitty feet, cannot go normal-shoe shopping easily

1. Bunion...so can't wear too pointy-toed things
2. Bad arches...so need foot support)

And of course, most people with both these things are usually pretty darn old, so shoe departments for women make it impossible to find stuff that works...le sigh.

Hokay. Enough with that.

Aw, so glad to hear you got it! Do you have a picture of it?

Just looked in my PB album, since I knew I'd uploaded a picture of me wearing it back then (this was 11 years ago), and I do have one. :)

60FrontlawnofQueens-1.jpg

Damn, how I LOVED that skirt! I think it's still in my closet somewhere, but haven't worn it in years. I doubt it would fit. :lol:

Very pretty, Thora!

The main reason for the shopping excursion today was to go to Costco, where I get cat food and litter. I usually wait till Sarah's home and she comes with me and lifts it. She didn't come home this weekend, and I needed it, so I went without her. Lifted 3 - 50 lb boxes of cat litter and 3 - 25 lbs bags of cat food from the shelf to the cart, and then the cart to the car (they're still in my car). I just stood up to get another drink, and I can barely walk. Awesome. :up:

It's possible...slightly more likely than me listening to jazz without cringing/headache...and it'd have to be under the condition of people I know not constantly saying the Beatles are on a higher level than anything else, ever.

well as i said i was there for the whole culture-changing events through the years...

and hope you read my post because of the serious qualifiers i have for them as a band ie lack of later touring

they have like 4 o 5 musical stages, and bunches of changes in style...so you'll have a selection to chose from somewhen in da future :D

And re: shoes. Isn't it terrible to make the choice between support/comfort and shoes that aren't ugly? I was in REI yesterday. The shoes there are depressing. I assumed they'd have proper support for my feet beyond hiking boots or whatever...no. The flats are flats, the sandals are sandals, bam, feet dead.

(Katie has shitty feet, cannot go normal-shoe shopping easily

1. Bunion...so can't wear too pointy-toed things
2. Bad arches...so need foot support)

And of course, most people with both these things are usually pretty darn old, so shoe departments for women make it impossible to find stuff that works...le sigh.

Hokay. Enough with that.

I have a tough time with feet/shoes, too. I wore nothing but Docs for years. I'm determined to find pretty shoes I can wear, though. The pair I bought for the Christmas party last year :love: I ended up having to change shoes with Sarah not even halfway through the night. :(

:hug::hug: oh dear VP!
i was winching "mentally" for you

thora: Skirt> nice colors was it a flat print or had some texture to it

Thanks. Sometimes I feel like this, and then after a good nights sleep, I'm totally fine the next day. Other times, it can linger for weeks. Hopefully it'll be the former. When I was seeing a chiropractor regularly, I tended to bounce back a little faster than I do now.

What should I watch/listen to tonight? :hmm:

Actually, Thora's skirt just reminded me that I have a skirt I bought probably 8 or 9 years ago. It was on sale, very reasonable, but I fell in love with it...and it looks like it should have been way more expensive than it was. I've only worn it a handful of times, I'm not really a skirt/dressy person. I should dig it out and find a top to wear it to work with. It's very springy/summery.

I have a tough time with feet/shoes, too. I wore nothing but Docs for years. I'm determined to find pretty shoes I can wear, though. The pair I bought for the Christmas party last year :love: I ended up having to change shoes with Sarah not even halfway through the night. :(

my problem with shoes is having high arches and flexy, stretchy feet so that sometimes thing may seem ok then are not

now i've been stoopid and gone w/o arch support for ? 1 1/2 yrs some i have to get at least some Dr Schoal's arch supports to slip in

I have high arches too, and flat shoes just feel WRONG. I also have wide feet, which excludes many pretty, feminine shoes. And then to top it off, I broke one of my baby toes when I was a kid, didn't even know at the time that I broke it, and it formed a hard bump on the side of it. So pretty much any shoes I get are agony till they eventually "give" a bit in the spot where the baby toe bump is. Over the years, I've wanted to amputate that toe SO many times. :angry:

nice, vp go for the skirt

i tend to pants and sometimes skirts ( have a few favs)

but dresses have been a problem because i can be a size bigger in my hips.
and now that i have more of a big lower and somewhat of a middle belly - i never had a middle belly always just lower untili went more than 35- 40 lbs over... :|

my mom at least when she was well or well enough to make clothes for us through the decades made me some nice dresses..a few i didn't quite appreciate as much as i should have. BUT being a dress-maker/designer she could alter for this different size upper/lower body problem!

i still miss her :( so much at times
it's 2 weeks over the 4th year

and regret that besides all the good stuff...there question i could have tried to ask her and didn't.... not that always would get an answer

Oh, and then this is a new thing! Over the past few years, if I kind of bend my feet, there is this small bone that I guess would sort of be the equivalent of a knuckle, on my upper foot, right by the small toe of each foot. And any pretty shoes I try to wear, they rub and irritate that area. It's like wtf, my former foot issues weren't enough? Stupid feet. :angry: That was one of the biggest issues with my pretty, pretty Christmas party shoes.

Dazzled, aw. :hug: I'm so sorry. In some ways it gets easier as time goes on, and in some ways it never leaves you. My dad has been gone for...holy shit, 14 years now.

Oddly, it's almost upsetting that it doesn't hurt as much as it used to. It's like the pain and rawness made me feel closer to him, and it sort of upsets me that that's not there as much now.

I have high arches too, and flat shoes just feel WRONG. I also have wide feet, which excludes many pretty, feminine shoes. And then to top it off, I broke one of my baby toes when I was a kid, didn't even know at the time that I broke it, and it formed a hard bump on the side of it. So pretty much any shoes I get are agony till they eventually "give" a bit in the spot where the baby toe bump is. Over the years, I've wanted to amputate that toe SO many times. :angry:

:( ouchies!!! :hug:

but i am lucky that i can wear flat shoes/cheaper sneakers...but not wanting to test my luck get the slip in arch supports... so that i am wearing arch supports at least 50% of the time

usually i can go with medium width but not always either...

:( ouchies!!! :hug:

but i am lucky that i can wear flat shoes/cheaper sneakers...but not wanting to test my luck get the slip in arch supports... so that i am wearing arch supports at least 50% of the time

usually i can go with medium width but not always either...

Have you ever had special orthothic arches made? I did. But the problem is, they can't fit into pumps, or pretty, feminine shoes.

Back
Top Bottom