PGP: It's Beer O'Clock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought so too. :) We'll have a fun evening together. I'm hopeful it will happen soon! Plus, then I can drink all I want, and won't have to worry about driving, since I'll already be home! :lol: Bonus!!

I've heard a lot about that. Too bad it's not available outside of the US. :angry: :lol:

I thought so too. :) We'll have a fun evening together. I'm hopeful it will happen soon! Plus, then I can drink all I want, and won't have to worry about driving, since I'll already be home! :lol: Bonus!!

I've heard a lot about that. Too bad it's not available outside of the US. :angry: :lol:

This. A couple weeks ago, my friend had a dinner party and I couldn't drive home. fortunately her next door neighbor had stopped drinking 2 hours before I did and could drive me home and then my husband took her back home (Mr.Z and I had arrived separately). Hahah! I remember standing there with my car keys and someone asked "Are you okay to drive?" and I was like "Nope!"

This. A couple weeks ago, my friend had a dinner party and I couldn't drive home. fortunately her next door neighbor had stopped drinking 2 hours before I did and could drive me home and then my husband took her back home (Mr.Z and I had arrived separately). Hahah! I remember standing there with my car keys and someone asked "Are you okay to drive?" and I was like "Nope!"

The laws in my province are SO fucking ridiculous. You can basically have one drink before you can potentially blow over the limit. (LOL, blow). So it sucks if you're going out to a nice meal or whatever. Normally I'd share a bottle of wine with a friend and wouldn't be drunk (I have a high tolerance for booze), but now two drinks can get you over the legal limit. It's so frustrating. I drove drunk once (NEVER will again), and am now always responsible about having a DD or crashing at a friends' place if I know it's not safe for me to drive. But to only be allowed one drink when you're out to eat and you've driven alone? That sucks. Restaurants have taken a HUGE hit because of the changed laws.

I'm glad you were able to get someone to shuttle you home! :lol:

And have a good time at the gym!

Katie...
Did you drink at school, but your parents don't know? or is there another reason beer is not allowed at your parents' house?

A little. They do, they're just bothered enough that I drink coffee now...and they are not people I'd want to be even close to drunk around

As for Spotify...:heart: it's probably the reason I still have any money at all (instead of using it all for CDs) The premium version takes up too much space for my phone though...

Ok now I'm going. :wave:

Bye!

johnny_depp_herb_ritts_.jpg

I would totally try that recipe!

What am I doing? Drinking. In the day. The eight week paleo challenge starts tomorrow so I'm "taking care of" the last of the Guinness and having chicken wings. My (good GOD) starting numbers have been logged and I did the grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is pretty fast when you only get meat, veg and fruit, and limited fruit. Luckily, one cup of coffee with cream or half and half is considered still being clean. Part of me is nervous because if I can't eat my feelings, what am I going to do, but mostly I'm really relieved because this will absolutely work, without question, if I follow it precisely.

I promise not to whinge too much.

I've heard lots of stuff about the paleo diet and have several friends doing it. Hopefully it won't be too difficult for you!

It's disaster movie day on one of my TV channels. :drool: Nothing like watching the world explode several times on a rainy, dreary Saturday. :lol: Right now it's 2012 (never seen this one before), and then next it's The Day After Tomorrow. Love the cheesy goodness! :D

I think it'll be OK, but we shall see. I've been feeling pretty good from CrossFit lately, so that's progress.

My BFF sent me a box of assorted videos, and I finally got Across the Universe. Film festival tonight, since it's my last chance to have popcorn.

I would totally try that recipe!

What am I doing? Drinking. In the day. The eight week paleo challenge starts tomorrow so I'm "taking care of" the last of the Guinness and having chicken wings. My (good GOD) starting numbers have been logged and I did the grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is pretty fast when you only get meat, veg and fruit, and limited fruit. Luckily, one cup of coffee with cream or half and half is considered still being clean. Part of me is nervous because if I can't eat my feelings, what am I going to do, but mostly I'm really relieved because this will absolutely work, without question, if I follow it precisely.

I promise not to whinge too much.

Yeah, I have a friend who really likes the Paleo thing now that she's used to it. I just don't have the time or inclination to learn that many new tricks (being an old dog and all). What do you mean "it will work"? What are the intended results?

For this thread: :beer:

Bono Singing Drinking In The Day - YouTube

I only realized a year or so ago that Bono wrote (or co-wrote) this song. LOL.

I met her up on Leeson Street
of a Tuesday afternoon
In Summer's fallen colours,
sulking back to school
I asked her would she linger, I
asked her would she stay
Would she keep a man in
company, drinking in the day?

Drinking, Drinking
Drinking... not thinking
Drinking, Drinking
We'll go drinking in the day

She was almost a woman, she was going on sixteen
She asked me to go walking, In
Saint Stephen's Green
She said I love the sunshine, and to
hear the children play.
But I won't be distracted when
I'm drinking in the day.

With her flashing eyes and milk white
lies she looked like a song
Like the ghost of a woman that
first made me go wrong
She said I'll have a drink with you
I said you'll have to pay
For a comprehensive education
Drinking in the day

Drinking, Drinking
Drinking and not thinking
Drinking, Drinking

If her mother could have seen us on
that bright November day
Botticelli and his angel
perambulating Ormand Quay
A drunken blessed virgin, me rhetorious and gay
Bestowing ancient wisdom as to
what made me this way

Deny your friends and family
To serve you must betray
Break and enter heaven
teal but never save
Squander every penny
Empty every heart
Travel every darkened road
Never finish what you start
Always talk to strangers
Make love with whom you may
For God will find good company
for your drinking in the day

Drinking, drinking
Drinking and not thinking
Drinking, drinking

So spend your youth on poetry, and
spend your cash at play
Each line upon my face is for
a girl who went away
A kiss, a song, are fleeting things
and fame will always stray
So I'll tell the truth, the
best spent youth, is the one
you give away

Drinking, drinking
Drinking... not thinking
Drinking, drinking

Drinking, drinking
Drinking... not thinking
Drinking, drinking

Drinking, drinking
Drinking... not thinking
Drinking, drinking

Drinking, drinking
Drinking... not thinking
Drinking, drinking

Drinking, drinking
Drinking... not thinking
Drinking, drinking

Drinking, drinking
Drinking... not thinking
Drinking...

Drinking In The Day :giggle:

I like the little story in the lyrics though.

Re: Across the Universe...:drool: Love that movie. Probably just because everyone's lovely 60s clothes. I actually

can't stand the Beatles mostly :reject: blame my suitemates, and high school kids

but I really enjoy that film.

Yeah, I have a friend who really likes the Paleo thing now that she's used to it. I just don't have the time or inclination to learn that many new tricks (being an old dog and all). What do you mean "it will work"? What are the intended results?

For weight loss mostly, but also I have a lot of chronic pain that I think might actually be food allergies. I've been sugar addicted for a long time, too, and this will break it. What attracts me to it is you're not having sugar "in moderation," you're just not having it at all.

Breakfast for me has always been three cups of coffee and some kind of baked carb, and it's my laziest part of the day, but I'll figure something out. Eggs and sausage, with veggies, baked, can be microwaved pretty easily.

:lol:

That's a strange little song.

Hope everyone's having a good Saturday. I have no plans this weekend-I don't work, so my mom and I ran out to the store to get a few snacky things and other necessities, otherwise, I plan to just hole up here the rest of the weekend and not go anywhere.

It's disaster movie day on one of my TV channels. :drool: Nothing like watching the world explode several times on a rainy, dreary Saturday. :lol: Right now it's 2012 (never seen this one before), and then next it's The Day After Tomorrow. Love the cheesy goodness! :D

LMAO, fun!

'Hot Fuzz' was on this morning on Comedy Central, so I saw that. I'll say it again: Simon Pegg as a cop :drool:.

That celebratory meal you talked about sounds lovely, here's hoping you'll be able to have it as soon as possible. I noticed your post in the last thread about turning in your resume and such...here's hoping, as always :up:. The comment about people at these jobs seeming impressed is a very good sign :).

And everyone's talking about celebrity birthdays in the last thread and in this one...it is also Matt Bellamy of Muse's birthday today.

MattBellamy14.jpg

MattBellamy13.jpg

MattBellamy12.jpg

MattBellamy7.jpg

MattBellamy4.jpg

He's 34 today. How old's Johnny?

Thanks, MA! :) It is always a good feeling when people are impressed by my work history and skills. I just hope they're impressed enough to hire me over all the other applicants. Most of the jobs I've applied for (and gotten interviews for) have had hundreds of people apply. I know for a fact that the job I interviewed for this week was barely advertised, so the competition for that one will be smaller. For the job that I dropped my resume off for yesterday, I'm sure the competition will be smaller as well, since you couldn't exactly email it to them in your PJ's. :wink:

I think Johnny's close to 50. Maybe 48, 49? Don't know for sure and I'm too lazy to google. :lol:

Yay for your lazy weekend too! :)

Thanks, MA! :) It is always a good feeling when people are impressed by my work history and skills. I just hope they're impressed enough to hire me over all the other applicants. Most of the jobs I've applied for (and gotten interviews for) have had hundreds of people apply. I know for a fact that the job I interviewed for this week was barely advertised, so the competition for that one will be smaller. For the job that I dropped my resume off for yesterday, I'm sure the competition will be smaller as well, since you couldn't exactly email it to them in your PJ's. :wink:

:lol: This is true. Agreed, though, yeah, it's always good if the competition is smaller. If your skills are that impressive to people, I've got to think somebody will look and go, "Oooh, we MUST get her! We need her!"

I think Johnny's close to 50. Maybe 48, 49? Don't know for sure and I'm too lazy to google. :lol:

Yay for your lazy weekend too! :)

Wow, really? I wasn't expecting that-for some reason he seems like he should be in his 30s, or at least early 40s at the oldest.

Lazy weekends FTW (as they say) :up:! The money is certainly nice with all the hours I've been putting in the last couple months (will bode well for me come August), but it's just been nice to sit here and go, "Oh, yeah, I don't have to go anywhere!"

:lol: This is true. Agreed, though, yeah, it's always good if the competition is smaller. If your skills are that impressive to people, I've got to think somebody will look and go, "Oooh, we MUST get her! We need her!"

Wow, really? I wasn't expecting that-for some reason he seems like he should be in his 30s, or at least early 40s at the oldest.

Lazy weekends FTW (as they say) :up:! The money is certainly nice with all the hours I've been putting in the last couple months (will bode well for me come August), but it's just been nice to sit here and go, "Oh, yeah, I don't have to go anywhere!"

Aww, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm hoping that one of the two places I went to this week will hire me - I'd love working at either place, I think. Hard to say about the 2nd one, since I was just there to drop off my resume, but we'll see.

I just looked it up - he's 49, as comet said. :)

It's SO nice to have a weekend off after you've worked particularly hard. I haven't been working, but I've had stuff going on for the past few weekends in a row, so it's nice to have nothing to do for this one. :D

Drinking In The Day :giggle:

I like the little story in the lyrics though.

Re: Across the Universe...:drool: Love that movie. Probably just because everyone's lovely 60s clothes. I actually

can't stand the Beatles mostly :reject: blame my suitemates, and high school kids

but I really enjoy that film.

WHAT??? SHUN!!!!!!!! Maybe you'll come back around to them later in life. I had a conversation about "top 5 favorite bands" the other day and the first thing I said was "Can we just leave The Beatles and U2 out of this?"

OMG, that song is about underage drinking and OMG...she's 15?!

Oh, Bono!

Bet it's the same girl from "Don't Stand So Close to Me."

You know Sting was a high school math teacher, right? :shifty:

Matt Bellamy looks a lot like David Tennant to me...

I can see it.

I did a double work out today. I'm going to stretch a bit and then... why yes, I do believe it will be beer o'clock at Casa Zooey.

Hey Daz!

Actually I may have to ammend my beer o'clock thing. I saw on fb today that it's National Gin Day. If Mr. Z ever gets back from the grocery store, I may have a gin and tonic to celebrate. Fewer calories than beer, actually.

Aww, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm hoping that one of the two places I went to this week will hire me - I'd love working at either place, I think. Hard to say about the 2nd one, since I was just there to drop off my resume, but we'll see.

You're welcome :). Yeah, that's another thing, too, you've got two options, so the odds are even better as a result. And hey, sometimes just showing interest is enough to get someone's attention. I really hope something comes of this for you :hug:.

I just looked it up - he's 49, as comet said. :)

It's SO nice to have a weekend off after you've worked particularly hard. I haven't been working, but I've had stuff going on for the past few weekends in a row, so it's nice to have nothing to do for this one. :D

*Shakes head* Weird.

Exactly. And I know what that's like, too-usually if I have any free time on a weekend I'm off doing something with friends. Everyone deserves to take a couple days just for themselves every now and again.

WHAT??? SHUN!!!!!!!! Maybe you'll come back around to them later in life. I had a conversation about "top 5 favorite bands" the other day and the first thing I said was "Can we just leave The Beatles and U2 out of this?"

Haha, amen to that. Lists like that can be fun to make, but my god, they're tough sometimes.

*Looks up David Tennant to refresh her memory* Oh, yeah, I can see a bit of a resembelance between him and Matt.

*Now has a thought of Matt joining "Doctor Who" :D*

Also, hi, Dazz :wave:!

My week since I last talked to you all. The shitstorm did indeed land at work on Friday, as I predicted.
Stubborn client wouldn't take my advice re: a contest, because she's apparently an expert and I'm not...so it was inevitably a disaster, which I had to spend Friday cleaning up...and due to time constraints, I was only able to put out 80% of the fire leaving 20% for Monday...and then she called and left me a voice mail at the end of the day, bitching me out. :crack:

Came home all stressed and with a headache, went to bed at 9 last night, and slept right through till 8:30 this morning, which is very unusual for me. Went to an early afternoon birthday barbecue for my niece. Spent a few hours there, then my sister and I went shopping. Found these super cute sandals, 2 pairs for $30, and asked my sister if she wanted a pair. She has very specific shoe needs because of the way her RA affects her feet, but she liked them and offered to get a pair so I could have them. I told her no, it's silly for her to get shoes she can't wear that much. Called Sarah to see if she liked them (she looked them up online) and she said no. So I left without them, and my sister said I'd regret it before I got home.

Got back to my niece's where I'd left my car, and her evening party guests were there (birthday party 2: electric boogaloo, another funny story) and one of the guests had the same sandals on. I nearly cried. Then stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and as I was walking, the sandals I had on, one of them flew right off my foot as I was taking a step. I was all "those other ones wouldn't have done that." :scream: So I am full of not-shoe-buying regret tonight. :( We went shopping out of town, so it's not like I can drive 15 minutes and pick them up. Sigh. :(

See i could never truly say that... " The Beatles are the best band ever" .... because: they stopped touring after 1966. As someone who at age 12, then 13 saw....and,yes :lol: while i was at least part of the time seeing The Beatles in '65, '66 at Shea Stadium i was screaming (teenyboppers was one label), but more so i was trying to listen. :D We back then missed some of their most excellent and extraordinary work yet to come live- when they stopped touring. :(

To me either being the best band would have to include Live concerts...or because in matters like this where Rock Bands styles became divergent enough, if we use the term "Rock Bands" to also cover ..punk, new wave, indie and alt bands as well, along with rock & roll, hard rock etc.. that I believe more in a system of levels in a" Pantheon".

I read somewhere back in the ? late 80's that Men tend to prefer stricter hierarchies, while Women didn't.

To me unless there are solid stats (thinking sports among other things) ...then i prefer a set of levels to which i assign a variety of bands in different styles on the same level of say: yuck, eh, OK, pretty good, good, very good, excellent, Extraordinary!!!

Which is why for me The Who, Springsteen/E St, The Patti Smith Group, Television, U2 are my Extraordinary Bands. Then i have a bunch of Excellent and so on....

But The Beatles are extraordinary in terms of recorded works and the Cultural Shift they produced in the USA. :) Utterly game changing!

Back
Top Bottom