PGP - It's all we can do..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:

Its called Spring Bank Holiday. As far as i know Bank Holidays were invented for factory/mine etc workers back when we were in the more industrial times as they wouldnt have holidays otherwise. Or i think im right. I could be wrong :reject: :lmao:
Oh, okay....ours is for Queen Victoria's birthday, and you guys being the actual nation where Queen Victoria ruled...I wondered if you celebrated the same thing, but a week later. :lol:

Hi Diane :hug:

Hey Thora :hug: Hope you had a good weekend! How is your dad doing?

Hi Diane :hug: Sorry you have no TV :sad:. Its not on over here so me, wild, Jez and Chickadee won't be watching either.

You should head over to the gif thread. That cheered me up no end. A girl could get lost in there for a very long time. :faint:

VP what does Anderson Cooper do? does he work in TV or something? :reject:

bonoishot said:
Hi Diane :hug: Sorry you have no TV :sad:. Its not on over here so me, wild, Jez and Chickadee won't be watching either.

You should head over to the gif thread. That cheered me up no end. A girl could get lost in there for a very long time. :faint:

VP what does Anderson Cooper do? does he work in TV or something? :reject:

He has been a reporter/anchorman on CNN for several years now. Before then, he was with ABC news, and while he was there, they had him host one of the best reality game shows EVER...The Mole. :drool: :love: That's when we first became aware of him. Sarah has his autograph. :heart:

He's also Gloria Vanderbilt's son.

:wave: Hi Thora! how was your weekend?
I have a long weekend from now till I go to America, yay, lol, no more uni, thank god.

*reads lyrics for alternate version* I'd love a combo of the two - I like the "I'm not broke but you can see the cracks" line too much to lose it :wink:

Jem, Anderson Cooper is an anchorman of a TV news show, "Anderson Cooper 360" on CNN. He is an adventurous sort who likes to cover stories on location as they happen, in places like New Orleans. He's interviewed Bono several times.

My favorite newsman is Keith Olbermann, who is on MSNBC and hosts a show called "Countdown." Unfortunately I can't post pictures, if I could you'd see that this man is smoking HAWT!!!!

WildHoney said:
Jezzzzzzzzzz :hug::hug:

Oi, down girl :wink:

Clone:love: :hug:

Spring Bank... :confused: We have a long holiday 'cause supposedly it's this weekend that Jesus ascended into heaven.
Commonly called (and hastily translated to) "Christ's flying weekend" :lol:

Drea said:
*reads lyrics for alternate version* I'd love a combo of the two - I like the "I'm not broke but you can see the cracks" line too much to lose it :wink:

*agrees* I adore that line! It's a smart lyric.

VintagePunk said:

Oh, okay....ours is for Queen Victoria's birthday, and you guys being the actual nation where Queen Victoria ruled...I wondered if you celebrated the same thing, but a week later. :lol:

We only have 8 a year, we don't even have St.George's day off :grumpy:

New Year's Day holiday --- 1 January
Good Friday --- the Friday before Easter Sunday.
Easter Monday --- the Monday after Easter Sunday.
Early May Bank Holiday --- the first Monday in May.
Spring Bank Holiday --- the last Monday in May.
Summer Bank Holiday --- the last Monday in August.
Christmas Day --- 25 December
Boxing Day --- 26 December

VintagePunk said:

IT could be that :lol: I know the Queen (Elizabeth) has an official and unofficial birthday but i have no idea which one we celebrate :reject::lol:

NOt sure if we celebrate Victorias'. I think with Elizabeths we work then get the day off i Lieu (spelling?) . :drool:

Hi Thora :hug: Glad you're enjoying your weekend. Long weekends :drool:

JezSnape said:

Oi, down girl :wink:

Clone:love: :hug:

Spring Bank... :confused: We have a long holiday 'cause supposedly it's this weekend that Jesus ascended into heaven.
Commonly called (and hastily translated to) "Christ's flying weekend" :lol:

We also call it Whitsun

I'm going straight to hell for saying this as i'm a good little catholic girl but i now have a vision of Jesus in a superman outfit :reject:

VintagePunk said:

He has been a reporter/anchorman on CNN for several years now. Before then, he was with ABC news, and while he was there, they had him host one of the best reality game shows EVER...The Mole. :drool: :love: That's when we first became aware of him. Sarah has his autograph. :heart:

He's also Gloria Vanderbilt's son.

cool :up:

WildHoney said:

We also call it Whitsun

I'm going straight to hell for saying this as i'm a good little catholic girl but i now have a vision of Jesus in a superman outfit :reject:

I guess I'm coming with you, 'cause I can't stop laughing :lmao:

WildHoney said:

We only have 8 a year, we don't even have St.George's day off :grumpy:

New Year's Day holiday --- 1 January
Good Friday --- the Friday before Easter Sunday.
Easter Monday --- the Monday after Easter Sunday.
Early May Bank Holiday --- the first Monday in May.
Spring Bank Holiday --- the last Monday in May.
Summer Bank Holiday --- the last Monday in August.
Christmas Day --- 25 December
Boxing Day --- 26 December

Still can't believe we don't get St Georges day off :grumpy: :madwife:

Last edited:
WildHoney said:

We also call it Whitsun

:lmao:

But Macphisto will be in hell. :combust: Think i could cope with that. :shifty: :faint:

Is it called Whitsun? :reject: It just says Spring Bank Holiday on my calendar :shrug: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom