PGP -Is It JULY yet????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I like it better than long running or biking races b/c I just get BORED! Then all I can think about is "how much longer to the finish?" This way, I'm only doing one activity for 20-30 minutes tops.

How's the fic coming, Jess?

That's the lame part - you're not allowed music. Well, not really lame - it's sort of unsafe - you can't hear when people want to pass you and stuff. But yeah, I try to sing in my head. AND even more important than that are CHEERLEADERS! I did a race once w/o any cheerleaders along the way (my parents just waited at the finish line) and it was soooooooo hard.

A triathlon - a sprint triathlon though, not an olympic length or ironman or anything crazy. :yes: It's in March - 800yd swim (1/2 mile? maybe 1/4), then 12 mile bikeride then 3 mile run. I've done them before and it can be a lot of fun. Unfortunately I haven't been running since the one I did in the spring and I haven't really been biking and swimming much in the last 2 months. But I'm hoping I can get back to near where I was pretty easily - just gotta put my mind to it, right?

:crack: Wow. That's a LOT.

That's the lame part - you're not allowed music. Well, not really lame - it's sort of unsafe - you can't hear when people want to pass you and stuff. But yeah, I try to sing in my head. AND even more important than that are CHEERLEADERS! I did a race once w/o any cheerleaders along the way (my parents just waited at the finish line) and it was soooooooo hard.

Yeah I guess the no music thing makes sense.
Well I know one Pleban that'll be cheering for ya on here :D

^Thx!

:sad: I found out that Me & Orson Welles isn't playing anywhere near me. I wanted to take my students to see it.

That was the movie that had its gala in the same theatre (and right before) It Might Get Loud at the TIFF last year - and can I just say holy screaming teenage girls batman for Zac what'shisname? :lol:

Oh yeah, is he one of the High School Musical guys? or Hairspray (the new crappy version)? I just like seeing movies about theatre.

Can't wait to see what extras are on the IMGL DVD :hyper:

Way to go on registering for the tri, zu! :hi5: You're amazing!!

Yeah, it does suck when you're not allowed music in races. I always make sure I know ahead of time before signing up, because music is my motivator when I run. I always run with just one earbud in, so I can be aware of the people around me. However, when you're doing multiple events instead of just running, I can definitely understand the no music rule.

Cheerleaders totally make a difference. On my first year doing the big 10k in Vancouver, some of my friends surprised me at several spots along the route, and were there cheering. I totally cried, but what's cool is that they were there EXACTLY when I needed a boost of encouragement. The finish line for that race is always awesome. There are literally HUNDREDS of people cheering everyone on at the end, and that really helps me get across the finish line. Even though they don't know you, they're so happy for you to finish the race, and that's awesome. :love:

Jess, did you ever watch the show "Connections"? It's now out on DVD :hyper:

oooo the one where ?Attenborough connects all these various things that through parts of history.

:hmm: like...........
He starts with one item and then follows all the effects it has and what evolves out of it in terms of other things, people's actions... history etc???

This time 4 years ago, I was in the 2nd row of the ellipse and still a U2 virgin for another half hour. :love:

I seriously remember every detail of that day. :lol: :reject:

woooooooot, dg!:applaud:

I don't always remember everyting about a concert, b/c I've been to a fair amount - until 1990much less since then b/c of less money.

I've been to around 300 or so.

But there are certain ones that I remember alot about them. Others, I remember less, but usually some things!

:yippie: My cheaper Internet cafe is FINALLY OPEN again!!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I HOPEthey didn't raise the price/15 too much, :uhoh: and that IF they did they still drop the price by 1$ adfter 8PM as was the policy before.

I'm going off to read more LOST synopsis's, buyt bbl! :D

This time 4 years ago, I was in the 2nd row of the ellipse and still a U2 virgin for another half hour. :love:

I seriously remember every detail of that day. :lol: :reject:

You know what they say - you always remember your first! :love:

oooo the one where ?Attenborough connects all these various things that through parts of history.

like...........
He starts with one item and then follows all the effects it has and what evolves out of it in terms of other things, people's actions... history etc???

That's the one! I love that show!!!

Way to go on registering for the tri, zu! :hi5: You're amazing!!

Yeah, it does suck when you're not allowed music in races. I always make sure I know ahead of time before signing up, because music is my motivator when I run. I always run with just one earbud in, so I can be aware of the people around me. However, when you're doing multiple events instead of just running, I can definitely understand the no music rule.

Cheerleaders totally make a difference. On my first year doing the big 10k in Vancouver, some of my friends surprised me at several spots along the route, and were there cheering. I totally cried, but what's cool is that they were there EXACTLY when I needed a boost of encouragement. The finish line for that race is always awesome. There are literally HUNDREDS of people cheering everyone on at the end, and that really helps me get across the finish line. Even though they don't know you, they're so happy for you to finish the race, and that's awesome. :love:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. And yes, nothing quite like the feeling at the finish line. That's awesome about the surprise cheerleaders. My friend surprised me once at the finish line. And Mr.Z is always in charge of having water and chapstick for me as I run by!

:bump:

I've finally designed my Christmas card for this year. Now fingers crossed I get it done before the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom