PGP -Is It JULY yet????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parents (who are visiting this weekend) are going through the same thing with my dad's mom. She's still at home but losing the ability to take care of herself a little more each day. Every single day she complains that she can't have her car back, even though she's 90 and has had brain surgery which rendered her a little "spacey".

:hug: for VP

Sorry to hear that. :hug: I don't really want to go into detail here, but Alzheimer's not only affects the memory, but it also causes delusional thinking, paranoia, personality change, mood swings. It's not easy.

Drea, heh, maybe I'll give that a try!

I haven't been sleeping well lately, and the other day I attempted to have a nap. Laid down on the couch, and was kind of scrunched up on my side, because two cats were by my legs. Zoey climbed onto my side and laid down with her head by my shoulder. I tried to ignore her loud purring right in my ear, and get to sleep. A couple of minutes later, I felt her paw, ever so softly tapping my cheek. :lol: Idiot. I laughed out loud and got up.

Let's not tell Zooey it's going to be hot in Chicago in July. :shifty: :shh:

I'm only going on my favorite transitions into Streets from what I've seen live. :lol: But if I had to pick my favorite overall, I'd pick Bad/40 snippet>Streets from the Elevation Boston DVD. :heart:

VP :hug: If you need to vent or whatever, you know where to find me.

I have a friend from Ottawa that moved to AZ. She came back here for a visit after being away for a few years, and it was during a humid period. She said walking across the street almost killed her. :lol:

VP :hug: If you need to vent or whatever, you know where to find me.

Thanks. :hug:

I was just watching a video that DRay shot of the GA line going in for Chicago 2. I guess Chicago 1 was a clusterfuck, but Chicago 2 looked pretty well orgainized. That seems to be the case with the multi night cities. Foxboro 1 GA line from 2 PM on was awful. But the Foxboro 2 GA line was very chill, far less hectic.

:shh::shh:

IF I come to Chi AND somehow get a GA ...............

.....I Plan to bring like 6 - 7 bottle of water w with me!!!!

3 Bottles of water were NOT ENOUGH for waiting on the line GA NJ b/c
it WAS 85F on 9-23-09!!!! :yikes:

I ahd to pay 5 for for 4 more waters over the rest of the after noon! and one after

Sorry to hear that. :hug: I don't really want to go into detail here, but Alzheimer's not only affects the memory, but it also causes delusional thinking, paranoia, personality change, mood swings. It's not easy.

I haven't been sleeping well lately,,

:sigh: :(

:hug::hug: VP & fam :hug::hug:

VP, hon, you know you can IM or
e-mail me VP to vent!!!

even if i can't always reply right away b/c of no home ( yet) :crossedfingeres to get low cost net w/in 3months? )

Hi dazz! :hug:

Jem and I lucked out at Gillette. There were water fountains right near the GA line(and actual bathrooms too! :love: ), so we only had to pay for one water each and we could just refill them. I took Jem's water in and said it was mine since I had the note allowing me to bring in food, drink, etc. I'm not sure that will work with 8 or 9 bottles in Toronto/Chicago though. :lol:

Now that I think about it, I was really spoiled in all of my GA experiences. For the 12/4 Vertigo show, I showed up around 6:30-7:00 am, got a wristband from the arena at 8 am, and left. Didn't come back til around 5 PM. From the time I was in line until I got onto the floor, I spent 2 or 3 hours total in line. And in Foxboro, we had access to a whole shopping concourse above us that was accessible via elevator. We could just grab something to eat and get back into line. And of course real bathrooms. :love:

Hi dazz! :hug:

Jem and I lucked out at Gillette. There were water fountains right near the GA line(and actual bathrooms too! :love: ), so we only had to pay for one water each and we could just refill them. I took Jem's water in and said it was mine since I had the note allowing me to bring in food, drink, etc. I'm not sure that will work with 8 or 9 bottles in Toronto/Chicago though. :lol:

oh mannnn.. were you gals LUCKY!!!!!!

Oh..... no.....................
.........THE 6 -7 bottles are just for the outside THE STADIUM WAIT!!!!

We were able to bring1 unclosed one in and I'll def have money to buy 1 just before the show

Dazzled :hug: Thanks. I guess I don't tend to vent much, because ultimately, it's not going to change anything. My sister and I do talk, though.

How was your thanksgiving? :)

Unforgettable Fire. :drool:

Dazzled :hug: Thanks. I guess I don't tend to vent much, because ultimately, it's not going to change anything. My sister and I do talk, though.

I hope that didn't sound snotty, it wasn't intended that way. :reject: I mostly keep things to myself. Maybe that's not healthy, who knows. I just find it hard to talk about things like this a lot of the time.

But seriously, thanks so much to you all. Knowing I can talk means a lot. :hug:

Take care, Dazzled! :hug:

I play this trivia game made by an English guy, and I generally rock at trivia, but this one is full of UK-specific questions - tv, politics, football, the royal family - and I suck at those questions. :angry: I always think that I'd do much better if Wild and Jem could be here to help me. :lol:

VP, you didn't come across as snotty. We all deal with stuff differently. I talk about it, but at the same time, I do hold back and not let people know the extent of how I'm feeling. Does that make sense? Probably not. :lol: :reject:

I think I sent you an email asking you this(obviously I understand if you couldn't get back to me :hug: ), but are you still considering Montreal?

VP, you didn't come across as snotty. We all deal with stuff differently. I talk about it, but at the same time, I do hold back and not let people know the extent of how I'm feeling. Does that make sense? Probably not. :lol: :reject:

I think I sent you an email asking you this(obviously I understand if you couldn't get back to me :hug: ), but are you still considering Montreal?

I don't think I got that e-mail? How long ago was it? Sometimes I get a shitload of e-mail every day because of this psych group I'm subscribed to, so it's possible it's buried in my inbox somewhere. :reject:

But to answer your question, we'd both love to go, but Montreal would be hella expensive, so that'll depend on how things are by next summer.

Yeah, I hear you on that. The only thing I can afford right now if I booked would be to stay in a hostel or a sketchy Travelodge. :lol: If I go with my friend, I'd be driving up, which would cut down on transportation. I looked up the cost of flying from Boston to Montreal. It's $550 roundtrip, and it's not even a nonstop flight. :crack: I could fly to Europe for that money!

I play this trivia game made by an English guy, and I generally rock at trivia, but this one is full of UK-specific questions - tv, politics, football, the royal family - and I suck at those questions. :angry: I always think that I'd do much better if Wild and Jem could be here to help me. :lol:

well you can always PM me:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom