PGP: In our next lives, we're going to be balloons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I only caught half of the consversation re K's situation last week. From what I gathered, it sounds scary and rather icky. Hope it goes okay tonight - and if not, take whatever steps you need to and tell whomever you need to so you're safe.

:hug:

Good morning everyone! I just got a job at the daycare I work at starting November 1. This supplying thing is a big mess right now, and I haven't had a steady source of income in forever!!!!! I can still teach mornings! I am one hapy gir right now!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

:hi5: Woo, money!

Good luck with class tonight, K. We're all there with you in spirit. Remember - better safe than... well, not.

Too much coffee on an empty stomach + stress about getting my grant application to my advisor a day late b/c she didn't tell me how to upload it to her until TODAY :madwife: + having the class that was terrible on Friday for an hour and a half today = :crack: :yikes: :no: :gah: :panic:

:hug: Pause, breathe, picture naked Larry, proceed. :wink:

Although too much coffeeeeee on an empty stomach is how I get my superpowers.

Good morning everyone! I just got a job at the daycare I work at starting November 1. This supplying thing is a big mess right now, and I haven't had a steady source of income in forever!!!!! I can still teach mornings! I am one hapy gir right now!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Congratulations! :hug: Such great news. :)

Maybe Edge will get to work on those flying cars/jetpacks.

Sign me up for one of those, stat! I hate driving, but I have to do it a lot, since most of my family members live at least 2 hours away. :lol:

You know, I'd really much rather spend the day thinking naughty thoughts about Bono than do work.

I could attempt to do both, but it might result in some very ... uh ... interesting emails and letters. :shifty:

Here is a story about why I shouldn't attempt to live until I have consumed enough coffee:

I was sitting here going about my life, reading some blogs, typing up a post, researching an article, etc. (I have to have like 20 tabs open all the time and I flip back and forth. ADD much?) Suddenly, something beeps at me. Since I have a billion tabs/windows open, I have no idea which one it is, so I kind of ignore it.

And then it beeps again about 30 seconds later. And again. And again. WHAT IS BEEPING AT ME? So I start closing the last few tabs I opened. It still beeps. So I turn off my computer speakers. IT STILL BEEPS. It seems to be coming from my desk, which means... my monitor? How can a monitor even beep? I figure that maybe it is overheating and about to die, so I turn it off.

BEEP!

HOW can you beep when I have turned you off? I reach over to turn it back on and notice...

My cell phone. With the dying battery light blinking. And beeping at me, to inform me of the battery's impending doom.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Here is a story about why I shouldn't attempt to live until I have consumed enough coffee:

I was sitting here going about my life, reading some blogs, typing up a post, researching an article, etc. (I have to have like 20 tabs open all the time and I flip back and forth. ADD much?) Suddenly, something beeps at me. Since I have a billion tabs/windows open, I have no idea which one it is, so I kind of ignore it.

And then it beeps again about 30 seconds later. And again. And again. WHAT IS BEEPING AT ME? So I start closing the last few tabs I opened. It still beeps. So I turn off my computer speakers. IT STILL BEEPS. It seems to be coming from my desk, which means... my monitor? How can a monitor even beep? I figure that maybe it is overheating and about to die, so I turn it off.

BEEP!

HOW can you beep when I have turned you off? I reach over to turn it back on and notice...

My cell phone. With the dying battery light blinking. And beeping at me, to inform me of the battery's impending doom.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:lol:

Something similar happened to me yesterday, and since it was late afternoon, I don't even have the coffee excuse. I was driving in traffic, changing lanes, and then I pulled up to a light. I heard a faint beeping and noticed that my signal was on, and I was all "that's weird, it must be coming from my signal, but my signal shouldn't beep," so I turned off my signal and then had to drive on, and I forgot about it. When I got home, I took my phone out of my purse, and noticed I had a text. That's what the beeping was, duh. :reject:

:lol:

Something similar happened to me yesterday, and since it was late afternoon, I don't even have the coffee excuse. I was driving in traffic, changing lanes, and then I pulled up to a light. I heard a faint beeping and noticed that my signal was on, and I was all "that's weird, it must be coming from my signal, but my signal shouldn't beep," so I turned off my signal and then had to drive on, and I forgot about it. When I got home, I took my phone out of my purse, and noticed I had a text. That's what the beeping was, duh. :reject:

Glad it isn't just me! :D I guess it's so rare that my battery dies that I just totally didn't recognize the beep!

I am kind of bummed that my current cell phone company doesn't sell downloadable text tones. My ringtone is GOYB, but I want something cool for texts. Too bad I don't have a phone I can put mp3s on, or my text sound would probably be from that clip Bonocomet uploaded from the Edge Movie of "That felt SO GOOD!" :lol:

I'm the same way - when my phone battery is dying, the bleep sound always confuses me. :D I generally notice that the battery is getting low before it starts to yell at me, but occasionally I'll forget.

Today is so nice and sunny! :love: I live for days like this. It's crisp and cold outside, but at least the sun is here. :heart:

I'm glad the plan for new songs is tomorrow, because I will miss most (if not all) of the party on Thursday. But then again there's always video afterward, so they can play new songs on both nights. :D

amy congrats!!!:hyper::hug:
We need a :moneysign: Smilie!

ZU.. good luck!!!! with the application!!!!:hug:

:giggle: the beeping stuff!

Thanks - I'm in full on panic mode right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yayyyyy!!! :hyper:

Amy, congrats on the job! :hug:

I :heart: my job. I get a 3 hour break in between shifts. :love:

Get to work! More work = more money = more DG/Z time next summer!!!! :love: :hug:

I think I only caught half of the consversation re K's situation last week. From what I gathered, it sounds scary and rather icky. Hope it goes okay tonight - and if not, take whatever steps you need to and tell whomever you need to so you're safe.

:hug:

I'm out of the loop, but :hug:s to Kristen.

:hyper::hyper::hug:
you derserve a job you love!!!:heart:

where are you inbetwen shifts? close enough to go home IF you want to?
Or some places comfortable to hang out in during that time!?

Well, I'm about a half hour from home, so I just hang out in the area. I go for lunch, or I go to the library. Or I shop. :lol:

I miss you ladies. I have absolutely no idea what's going on in your lives. /worstfriendeverrrr.

This picture really needs to be shared here.

It's big, so I'll put it behind tags:

5009839438e58a7741a5b.jpg

That is the epitome of a "come hither" look if I've ever seen one.

Now, if you ladies will excuse me, I need to go hither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom