PGP: I'm Dreaming of a U2 Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad some of you have repoprted nice christmas days. :)

My sis and i went to our relatively nearby cousin with whom we've
been spending our last several Christmas Holidays with er and her family.
Her mom was our mom's only sister (3 bros), and this was the first christmas holiday without hewr (our aunt). But there's a fair amount of people ( our s3ecod cousins)with her 2nd ex-husnad (father of her 2 younger "kids"- in their 20's). Those 2 kids, and the oldest (1 st marriage) sib- a son with his wife and their 1st child :cute: 4 months old son.

So our Aunt had the front of the house (2 family) for all the years they lived there (with our Uncle and our cousin and her older sister left earler), and rented out the back. Then our cousin eventually moved in their w her then 2nd husband and her 2 younger kids).

I wondere what was going to happen to the front. I made sure i took photos since we'd seen the front as it was for decades and decades. Since i'm not on fb I didn't kno3w and went in to the front to make some cellphone Holiday calls in found the front living room different but didn't see it aoll b/c lit w big tree; turns out her youngest son and his girlfriend are nowing living there.

Nice to keep it in the family :heart: . I didn't get to talk to his gf but told her maybe next time we can get to know each other a little better at next big get-together ( Easter or Mother's day). I did "warn" him that it would be out of 50 years of habit if i wandered casually into their part of the house, and not meaning any disrespect. :lol: He understood.

For those of you who don't know, my mom passed away December 19th, and her memorial service was today. I don't even know what to say...still reeling from it, I guess. The holidays have been tough to get through, but my sister and niece and our friends and family have made it a bit easier. :heart: Been trying really hard to keep it together for everyone who needs me.

Oh VP I'm so sorry. :sad: :hug:

Thanks. :hug: You didn't see on FB? I think I only mentioned it once. It's weird, I'm not one of those all out there people. Talking about it on there almost seems to minimize it. But not talking about it seems to minimize it, too. I don't even know. Sigh.

Hope you guys are well, and that Santa was good to you all. :)

Thanks. :hug: You didn't see on FB? I think I only mentioned it once. It's weird, I'm not one of those all out there people. Talking about it on there almost seems to minimize it. But not talking about it seems to minimize it, too. I don't even know. Sigh.

Hope you guys are well, and that Santa was good to you all. :)

No I didn't, I really don't open up Facebook very often, and when I do, usually too much has gone by on the feed for me to catch up on it all. :reject:
I understand what you mean, about talking, or not talking about it. I can't imagine how hard it must be, so please don't worry about what anyone might think... It's a very personal thing and everyone has to go through and cope with it in their own way, the best they can. At least that's what I imagine. :hug: I'm glad your family has been there for you. :heart: And don't forget to take care of yourself. :hug:

For those of you who don't know, my mom passed away December 19th, and her memorial service was today. I don't even know what to say...still reeling from it, I guess. The holidays have been tough to get through, but my sister and niece and our friends and family have made it a bit easier. :heart: Been trying really hard to keep it together for everyone who needs me.

I haven't been on here much as I was away for Christmas. I'm so sorry to hear that VP. I know it's been a tough year for you. :hug:

:ohmy::ohmy:
:sad::sad::sad:

:hug::hug: VP & Sarah :hug::hug:

omg VP!!!! I'm SOOOOO Sorry!!!!!!!!!
(remember these are !!! not 1111 :wink: :hug:)

At art trying not to cry

She was a real trooper!

I haven't been on here much lately because I've been working on a time consuming project. So here it is -

8319388347_cb63e0c9b8_o.jpg

I am over 12 weeks along. We have one more round of tests to be sure he/she is healthy and viable. So far despite my age, things look good.

Thanks so much everyone. :hug: I'm very grateful that she didn't suffer, and am trying to let that be a comfort. It was unexpected at this time - she was in the hospital but there didn't seem to be any immediate danger, Sarah and I saw her that evening, then I talked to the nurse and she seemed very confident that there were no immediate issues and we could go home. I got a call during the night that she had passed. She had been through so much, and since her backslide in April had gotten very frail. If she'd made it through this, things could have gotten much, much worse.

Grace, what exciting news, absolutely thrilled for you and your family, congratulations. :)

Thanks so much everyone. :hug: I'm very grateful that she didn't suffer, and am trying to let that be a comfort. It was unexpected at this time - she was in the hospital but there didn't seem to be any immediate danger, Sarah and I saw her that evening, then I talked to the nurse and she seemed very confident that there were no immediate issues and we could go home. I got a call during the night that she had passed. She had been through so much, and since her backslide in April had gotten very frail. If she'd made it through this, things could have gotten much, much worse.

Grace, what exciting news, absolutely thrilled for you and your family, congratulations. :)

Thank you. While kinda planned, was a shock that it happened so quickly at my age. Still freaking out about it.

I know your mom has struggled this year. It seems like it was peaceful, which is all we can really ask for in life. :hug:

VP, like you said, that is at least something to be grateful for in a situation which I'm sure must be difficult to find the positives at all. :hug: Is Sarah home right now? I hope you guys have each other around right now. I'm thinking about both of you. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom