PGP : I need a man to tux me into my bunk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thora, how's it going? Doing okay?

Yeah, I'm pretty good. I was all cried out about 2 days into my unemployment, and I'm mostly not bitter any more. Okay, I'm a little bitter, but not as hate-filled as I was earlier. :wink: I'm headed back home tomorrow morning, as I have a lunch with my department that I have to be back in time for.

The friend who drove me to the ferry terminal last week said that she'd be available to pick me up tomorrow, but I haven't heard back from her if my timing will work for her or not. So, I could potentially be taking the bus. I kinda hope I'll have an email or a text from her in the morning. :lol: If not, well, public transit it is! :wink:

ETA - hi Tara! :)

Glad you're doing better. :)

I'm in and out ... I've had a migraine for about 2 1/2 days now, one of those brought on by too much computer use. This light sensitivity migraine type thing is relatively new, but they're painful headaches. This has been the longest one has lasted, although it's mostly gone now. (... she said, while typing on the laptop. :rolleyes: )

Blerg!

, I am told I should be prepared for Ireland by going to pubs armed with a poem and/or a song.

I've got this. Just need to memorize the words. (Ignore the weird video.)

~Gartan Mother's Lullaby~ - YouTube

My back-up is Whiskey In the Jar because who doesn't love that one? ;)

:cute: That song is pretty.

And you should learn this:

The Pogues - Wild rover (Lyrics) - YouTube

It's my favorite Irish song ever :hyper: (because it's ridiculously entertaining)

Also, this one is adorable

Norah - YouTube

/songspam

As for being a Larrygirl and Larry not being on the red carpet

1. :sad:

2. I can think of better places he might'a been :shifty:

I'm in and out ... I've had a migraine for about 2 1/2 days now, one of those brought on by too much computer use. This light sensitivity migraine type thing is relatively new, but they're painful headaches. This has been the longest one has lasted, although it's mostly gone now. (... she said, while typing on the laptop. :rolleyes: )

Blerg!

Is there any chance it might be an eye thing and not a migraine? Because I used to have migraines and I went to the eye doctor's and she said that mine were because my eyes are slightly bad and my eye muscles get strained trying to focus in dim lighting, computer screens, etc. Usually when I get headaches it's either that, or allergies...But yeah, apparently light sensitivity can have a lot to do with the eyes.

....back to movies. Must finish before I sleep. (I just had the thought that Mofo would be pretty badass placed into a Matrix movie :lol:)

Blerg!

Me too. :)

Ugh, sorry about the migraines. :( Hopefully it will be fully gone in the morning. :hug:

I mentioned it to my doctor, and she didn't seem to think anything different based on my description. I just call it a migraine because headache-wise, it's similar to the migraines I used to get. I just never seem to learn when to get off the computer. Because I have no life. :reject:

I hadn't had one in a while though, so I figured I was getting better about not spending so much time on the computer. I was pretty intent on organizing all my Ireland stuff this weekend though, and most of it involved being online, so I'm sure that was the culprit.

I vaguely know the Wild Irish Rover song, but it's too late for me to learn a whole new song by next week - I have to stick with one I know (and just need to memorize the words to)!

It may just be focusing on the screen for hours. And the bright light.

I'm excited for you being in Ireland soon! :hyper:

Yeah, I notice that "eye strain" feeling now more than I used to. And it's why I'm not up for using my iPad a ton for watching movies or reading e-books. It's just like staring at a laptop.

Getting old is FUN, kids! :happy:

Thank goodness the Kindle doesn't have that issue, so I can lug that around with me on my trip and give my eyes a rest.

It's starting to sink in. Which is leading both to feelings of excitement, and feelings of panic. Ha.

Yay for travel! I'm excited for you as well. I miss Ireland! :lol: I know you'll have a fabulous time. :yes:

Got a message back from my friend. My timing doesn't work out for her to pick me up, so I get to take public transit. Oh joy. Ah well, I'll live. Hopefully the car place can come pick me up from part of the way, but if they can't, the bus will drop me off a half a block away from them, so I won't have to walk super far. It's going to be a LONG day tomorrow. :lol: By the time my lunch ends I'm going to want to have a super long nap. :D

Yeah, I notice that "eye strain" feeling now more than I used to. And it's why I'm not up for using my iPad a ton for watching movies or reading e-books. It's just like staring at a laptop.

Getting old is FUN, kids! :happy:

Thank goodness the Kindle doesn't have that issue, so I can lug that around with me on my trip and give my eyes a rest.

It's starting to sink in. Which is leading both to feelings of excitement, and feelings of panic. Ha.

Your eye muscles are probably just not used to so much work...they get less flexible over time....and there are more shiny new electronics to get them strained over time too *sigh*

*has bad eyes*

As for excitement and panic—excitement! You have nothing to be panicking about.
Customs are a bitch but only on the way back, really.
I envy you all the delicious accents you will be hearing.

Your eye muscles are probably just not used to so much work

Oh, they've been working plenty hard for ages, considering how many years I've spent reading umpteen zillion books. :wink: It's just aging + more computer time, I'm sure. I think it's also this new(ish) laptop, which has much more of a glare and brightness than my previous desktop ever did. Even on its lowest brightness setting, it's bright.

As for excitement and panic—excitement! You have nothing to be panicking about.

Well yeah, if only anxiety worked like that. I know I have nothing to panic about, but I had nothing to be anxious about with U2 concerts either, and yet ..... AND YET. ;)

Actually, I am fully expecting to not experience those anxiety symptoms. I am convinced that it was just U2 concerts that made that happen. Because that's just the kind of freak I am. :lol:

As for customs, I'm not worried about that at all, as I have no expectations to even know where to begin worrying. Plus, I found out that I'll go through US customs at the Shannon airport and not back in Newark, which is kind of cool.

I guess more international airports are doing that sort of thing. Or something like that.

Well yeah, if only anxiety worked like that. I know I have nothing to panic about, but I had nothing to be anxious about with U2 concerts either, and yet ..... AND YET. ;)

Actually, I am fully expecting to not experience those anxiety symptoms. I am convinced that it was just U2 concerts that made that happen. Because that's just the kind of freak I am. :lol:

As for customs, I'm not worried about that at all, as I have no expectations to even know where to begin worrying. Plus, I found out that I'll go through US customs at the Shannon airport and not back in Newark, which is kind of cool.

I guess more international airports are doing that sort of thing. Or something like that.

Aw. :hug: Stop worrying, you. Normal people like me (ha...I'm so normal :lol:) worry when there's stuff to worry about. You've got nothing to worry about. Except wanting to stay there forever.

I'm gonna go to sleep. Must resist temptation to stay up later. Tomorrow I should try to get stuff done.

Night Tara :)

I'm gonna watch some youtube before I actually sleep. I'd much rather dream about U2 than agents :no:

G'night, guys. :)

I'm going to attempt to stay up until 11:30 to watch the series finale of Rescue Me "live." :yawn:

I think we need to have roll call for this magazine as it becomes available in different areas. I checked this morning and nothing. Looks like I will be dragging my ass in the tropical downpours around noon to look for this.

I think we need to have roll call for this magazine as it becomes available in different areas. I checked this morning and nothing. Looks like I will be dragging my ass in the tropical downpours around noon to look for this.

Good idea :D

I doubt my stupid city bookstore has it yet, especially if there are multiple covers.

I'll check tomorrow if I got time. Gotta run. Taking a friend of mine who's still in last year of highschool to one of the Uni parties. :wink: He'll be drinking with Chemistry students. Should be fun.

Good idea :D

I doubt my stupid city bookstore has it yet, especially if there are multiple covers.

I saw that it took Mephy 6 stores to find the U2 cover and she's in England. So far on eBay, the Hugh Laurie cover. I know Bradley Copper and some chick named Lara Stone is on the cover. I hate multiple covers. It's like when U2 were on Time Out in 2001. I had a bitch of a time finding the Larry cover.

Back
Top Bottom