PGP- I Can't Think Of a Good Thread Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, poor thing. He wasn't eating his prescription food, and giving him his pills was a nightmare. The vet I took him to the other night has a pet supply store in it, mostly foods. So I figured that they would be the experts in feeding issues. The woman was able to look up his charts and get all his info. She said that the food the vet gave him tastes like crap, and they just started getting in a more palatable brand the other day. She said I can return the other stuff even though it's open, and get my money back minus a 25% restocking fee, so I was happy about that. I'm not sure if he's eaten the new food yet, but he did sniff at it when I opened it, and looked slightly more interested in it than he did in the other food.

Basically she told me that the food he's on now can harm the other cats (it makes the urine very acidic, to dissolve the stone), so I really do need to isolate him. She said she had to do the same thing for one of her cats for 4 weeks (Max will be a few months, probably - 6 weeks at the least), and it's awful and it sucks, but it's necessary to make them healthy again.

I'm going to try to let him out for a few hours a day. I'll put his and the other cats' food away (it makes it harder because they're used to being free-fed, they don't have meal times), and he can hang with the group for a while.

She also told me about a nifty thing for giving pills, it's syringe-like, and it enables you to get the pill far back in the throat, so that they can swallow it without having to taste it. She didn't have one in, but I picked one up at another store, and it made pill time SO much less traumatic tonight.

Thanks for asking. :hug: You guys are probably getting tired of my cat drama. :lol:

Not tired at all. :hug: So glad she sounds like she really helped. Max and you. :hug::heart:

OMG, y'all, I think a Halloween Miracle may have just taken place!

I got the confirmation e-mail for my order, and I think they may have accidentally not charged me for shipping!! :hyper:

POSSIBLE EPIC WIN??

(That is for 34 items, btw!! I LOVE SALES! And it is actually 36 items because they always throw in a free gift and another free gift if you submit a friend's email. YAY STUFF!!)

MTE, Where are you ordering from?? That's awesome!

Selling your soul to Mac is a good thing. : drool:: shifty:: combust:

Girls. : kiss:

Having a car insurance panic. : panic:

Oh no! Nothing too serious, I hope. :hug:

:hug::hug: VP

oh good you got some better food And you got most of a refund!

poor Max, having to be more isolated, and them all going on schedualed feeding.
But you gotta what you gotta do to get him healthy and keep the other's safe. :hug:s all around.

:heart: to Max, VP! Very nice of them to give $ back on food, too! I hope he gets better quickly!

Thanks. :hug: They're not quite going on scheduled feedings just yet, I'll just have to put their food away when they visit occasionally.

And when the stone is gone, he'll have to go on a urinary health maintenance food for the rest of his life, probably. The woman in the store today said that if the other cats eat that, it's not that big of a deal. But that's when I'm really going to have to work at getting the whole group feeding thing straightened out.

When I put him up there tonight, he started crying within two minutes. :sad: But he's been quiet for a few hours now.

I don't even know what I'm going to do if he won't eat this, because it's the last option. And he's used to dry food, but that's back-ordered, and I could only get him wet. :(

Of all my cats, probably only Zoey would have as hard a time with the isolation as he will. I feel like complete shit that he has to go through this, but I know it's for the best. :(

Yeah, it's lunacy to try to go down and back in one day - not safe and not recommended. We spent 2 nights at Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the canyon, abt 1/4 mile from the river. It was awesome.

this past Spring, right?

if so....seem's a really long time ago! So glad you spent 2 days down before the hike up & Up and UP!
Amazing!

What a soul-stirring, joy-inducing place it is!!! :drool: :heart::heart::heart: :happy:

Oh no! Nothing too serious, I hope. :hug :

Thanks. :hug: They're not quite going on scheduled feedings just yet, I'll just have to put their food away when they visit occasionally.

And when the stone is gone, he'll have to go on a urinary health maintenance food for the rest of his life, probably. The woman in the store today said that if the other cats eat that, it's not that big of a deal. But that's when I'm really going to have to work at getting the whole group feeding thing straightened out.

When I put him up there tonight, he started crying within two minutes. :sad: But he's been quiet for a few hours now.

I don't even know what I'm going to do if he won't eat this, because it's the last option. And he's used to dry food, but that's back-ordered, and I could only get him wet. : (

Of all my cats, probably only Zoey would have as hard a time with the isolation as he will. I feel like complete shit that he has to go through this, but I know it's for the best. : (

Totally too embarrassed to write it on here for world to see. :reject:

Poor Max. :( Like you said, its for the best though. Hope he feels better soon. Poor baby. :( :hug::hug:

oh and great that you got the pill thing!!!

poor, baby I guess scratch him behind the ears more , does he like belly rubs or is that more of a dog thing, and when you do which ever.....
..talk to him in a low soothing voice. Tell him you love very much and this will be over at some point. He'll feel sooo much better again, but this is what has to be done for now. :hug::hug: :)

Big hugs for you and Max, VP. :hug: Like you said, that totally sucks, but hopefully this will get him completely healthy again soon. :hug:

Movie's done, now am watching the deleted scenes, etc. I'm so glad I bought this. Will have to watch some of the jamming scenes again tomorrow and really crank the volume loudly. :D

I'm so tired. :yawn: Gotta get up early. Job interview in the AM. Here's hoping this one goes better than the one with the assface. :angry:

Goodnight everyone! :hug:

It took my friend from work who does my hair for free :heart: to cure me of my hairdressing phobia. : reject:: lol: I hate people cutting my hair. Stems from a kid when a hairdresser cut my hair short with out asking me or my mum. : sad:: angry:

Will send you a message. : reject:: lol:

How could she do that without permission?? :crack:

Not tired at all. : hug: So glad she sounds like she really helped. Max and you. : hug:: heart:

She really did. She spent about a half an hour with me. She even printed out the results of Max's lab tests and gave me a copy, and went over it with me. The vet called me with them at 7 am the other day :crack: and woke me up. He has a very heavy accent, so between not understanding him, and being half asleep, I only caught half of what he said, lol.

And she made me feel less cruel for doing this, and showed me it's necessary.

Also, the vet never told me to keep the other cats out of the food! Of course I did - $28 for a 4 lb bag, and $10 for 4 cans. But still, he could have said something, I mentioned that I have other cats.

:up:

Totally too embarrassed to write it on here for world to see. : reject:
Oh no! :hug:

Poor Max. :( Like you said, its for the best though. Hope he feels better soon. Poor baby. : ( : hug:: hug:

Thanks. :heart:

Jem...it is almost 6 am for you!:ohmy:

Holy shit, it is!

G'night, dg! Good luck tomorrow! :hug:

GUH - now they're jamming and playing Kashmir. FUCK yes. That's probably my 2nd all time favourite song ever. :love: Good lord this is awesome! :lol:

oh and great that you got the pill thing!!!

poor, baby I guess scratch him behind the ears more , does he like belly rubs or is that more of a dog thing, and when you do which ever.....
..talk to him in a low soothing voice. Tell him you love very much and this will be over at some point. He'll feel sooo much better again, but this is what has to be done for now. :hug::hug: :)

Cats are weird, some of mine are like "please rub my belly for an hour!" :drool: Others don't like it at all. Then others let me do it for a minute or two, and then grab my hand with their claws as if to say "enough bitch, STOP!" :lol: It's interesting though, from everything I've ever read, cats have to feel really super secure to expose their bellies. Several of mine sleep that way. :)

Big hugs for you and Max, VP. :hug: Like you said, that totally sucks, but hopefully this will get him completely healthy again soon. :hug:

Movie's done, now am watching the deleted scenes, etc. I'm so glad I bought this. Will have to watch some of the jamming scenes again tomorrow and really crank the volume loudly. :D

Thanks. :hug:

I've never seen the extras. That's what I get for downloading. :reject: :wink: I need to buy it one of these days.

I didn't even get the stuff from AC's desk today, to cheer me up, sigh. Hopefully Monday. But I did get $15 worth of coupons for cheese from a company that I made a complaint to, so that's not so bad.

Vp, I was rereading the Montreal thread, and your posts about booze and leather still crack me up!! :lmao:

E.l.f. Most of their stuff is $1 regularly, so with the sale its 50 cents! It's not the greatest makeup in the universe, but it's good for everyday use, especially for that cheap!!

G'night, dg! Good luck tomorrow! :hug:

GUH - now they're jamming and playing Kashmir. FUCK yes. That's probably my 2nd all time favourite song ever. :love: Good lord this is awesome! :lol:

LOVE THAT PART! I can NOT play Kashmir. I can do the sort of descending part, but not the circular part, if that makes sense.

Cats are weird, some of mine are like "please rub my belly for an hour!" :drool: Others don't like it at all. Then others let me do it for a minute or two, and then grab my hand with their claws as if to say "enough bitch, STOP!" :lol: It's interesting though, from everything I've ever read, cats have to feel really super secure to expose their bellies. Several of mine sleep that way. :)

Thanks. :hug:

I've never seen the extras. That's what I get for downloading. :reject: :wink: I need to buy it one of these days.

I didn't even get the stuff from AC's desk today, to cheer me up, sigh. Hopefully Monday. But I did get $15 worth of coupons for cheese from a company that I made a complaint to, so that's not so bad.

BC is in my lap ;)

YOU MUST WATCH THE EXTRAS!!

^ free cheese :drool:

It's a cheese that I absolutely love, it's awesome, but I got 4 packages, and 3 were crap, I ruined 2 meals using them. :| They basically sent me a refund for the 4 packages, plus a dollar or two. Would have been nice if they'd been a little more generous...

Vp, I was rereading the Montreal thread, and your posts about booze and leather still crack me up!! :lmao:

:wink:

LOVE THAT PART! I can NOT play Kashmir. I can do the sort of descending part, but not the circular part, if that makes sense.

BC is in my lap ;)

YOU MUST WATCH THE EXTRAS!!

Yup, I know what you mean. There's just something about that song that just wrecks me. I love it so damn much. :rockon:

The extras are definitely worth watching. They're playing Seven Nation Army right now. I'm not a huge White Stripes fan, but this song is damn catchy. :dance:

Jem...it is almost 6 am for you!:ohmy:

I know. Just realised this. :reject:

Yikes! And I thought I was being a rebel putting in a movie at 9:30!
But I have to run at 6:30 tomorrow morning. I'm crazy.

:lol: I'm just crazy had been up on FB before then had the car panic and couldn't sleep since. :reject::lol: Think its sortable.

interesting! And since each of them has their own way & personality so of course it will vary. And it can vary with each cat themselves over time.

That's pretty cool, that some of them feel safe enough to sleep like that! :heart:

Give Max a skritch behind the ear for me. :)

Romi was explaining everything we could do, and you said "Romi, that is too much reading, could you just tell me where I could find the leather and booze?"

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom