PGP: I came, I saw, ....I rocked the Casbah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had it for 3 days, and then it ended on Friday. One of their former temps contacted them to say she was available, so they dumped me for her, since they obviously wouldn't have to spend time training her. With temps you can just let them go with absolutely no warning. So now I'm unemployed again. :lol: :rolleyes: Yay. :happy: But at least it frees me up to go downtown tomorrow, and go to the taping of George's show on Wednesday. So there are some positives to the whole situation. :)

Aw bummer. But hey, life goes on. And glad there's an upside to take the edge :)giggle:) off of the disappointment. When's your birthday exactly? That's what the downtown trip is for, right? Is your actualy b'day tomorrow?

:wave:

Just wanted to say Hi. Oh and I found I still had this pic in a slightly bigger file size on my computer that I had never uploaded to the internet yet. :D

BonoParis9-20-2010Liberation.jpg

Aw bummer. But hey, life goes on. And glad there's an upside to take the edge :)giggle:) off of the disappointment. When's your birthday exactly? That's what the downtown trip is for, right? Is your actualy b'day tomorrow?

:giggle:

Yes, it's tomorrow. I'm going downtown in the morning, going to spend the day tooling around and eating all the free food that I can (thanks to signing up for birthday gifts from loads of companies). In the evening I'm meeting up with my BFF for dinner and to watch the hockey game. And then I'll stumble back to my hotel room for the night. So it includes all of my favourite things! Food, drinks, my best friend, and hockey. Plus a swanky hotel room. :D

Oooh, there was just an update from the food blogging job that I applied for. They're hoping to have a shortlist by Wednesday!! :hyper: Crossing my fingers that I'm on that list!!

My cat just sat down and started licking her back paw. The other is up high in the air against my foot. She just foot fived me.

:reject: Yes. It totally felt awesome.

:wink: I, of course, took a photo and put it on facebook. My god I'm such a crazy cat lady already. Almost all my phone uploads are of my cat.

:lol: Nice. I'll have to check it out.

I just missed a call from the temp agency. Apparently the soul-crushing job people want me back. :lol: I don't know what to do. I'm going to call back to see if it's for the same position or not and then go from there. :crack: :lol:

Oooh, there was just an update from the food blogging job that I applied for. They're hoping to have a shortlist by Wednesday!! :hyper: Crossing my fingers that I'm on that list!!

*sends good vibes*

My cat just sat down and started licking her back paw. The other is up high in the air against my foot. She just foot fived me.

Awesome! :lol:

:lol: I'm such a pathetic cat sap.

Oh that's interesting. Would be nice if they still wanted you there. Even if it's something different, as long as it's decent pay it brings in the dough. :D

:lol: I'm such a pathetic cat sap.

Oh that's interesting. Would be nice if they still wanted you there. Even if it's something different, as long as it's decent pay it brings in the dough. :D

Just called, and it is for the soul-crushing position, but only for tomorrow and Wednesday. :lol: Won't work anyway, since I already have plans. I told the person I spoke to this morning that I wasn't available for those days, but she must not have made the note on my account, hence the phone call.

*crosses fingers for you*

Thora, must be a relief to have a legit reason not to take the two days' work. That way you don't have to feel ungrateful for turning down work, but at the same time you don't have to do something you hate. win-win!

*crosses fingers for you*

Thora, must be a relief to have a legit reason not to take the two days' work. That way you don't have to feel ungrateful for turning down work, but at the same time you don't have to do something you hate. win-win!

Exactly!! :up: If they ask me again in the future, I might say yes. It all depends on how desperate I get. :lol:

Cool!

You know, I really like Ellen DeGeneres. She's got great taste in music and seems super nice. She'd be fun to hang out with.

Sorry about the whole mess with the temp agency and them going back and forth a bit with you like that, but I'm glad you know the reasoning behind your recent situation, and yeah, down the line if they need you again, you can go from there. In the meantime, fingers crossed about the blog job :hyper:, and woohoo for getting everything sorted for tomorrow! Sounds like it should be loads of fun, hope you have a good time!

Kitty foot fives :up:. I love it when cats take their little paws and start pawing at you or cross them all funny or whatnot.

Our cat is laying sort of funny on my mom's side right now.

:lol:

Well, both cartoons are awesome; it's just that after Raul Julia died (Gomez from the movies), they tried to carry on with live-action stuff, and it just wasn't right. He was perfect in that role, and everyone else they tried to put in his place was just horrible. :reject:

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's often the case-some people just ARE a certain character and nobody else, no matter how hard they try, can fill those shoes quite as well.

:lol:

I always like the cartoon better than the movie, but the movie was awesome too.

Agree 100% on this :yes:.

:wave:

Just wanted to say Hi. Oh and I found I still had this pic in a slightly bigger file size on my computer that I had never uploaded to the internet yet. :D

BonoParis9-20-2010Liberation.jpg

Hello :wave:!

Picture :drool:.

This is proof that Bono is probably the only man on the planet who wouldn't falter on the "does this dress make me look fat" question, because he literally ALWAYS has something nice to say, in a way that makes you believe he is totally sincere. He is enthusiastically diplomatic.

Well said! So true. He is one of those rare people who can go into a room and chat up/befriend anyone as though he'd known them his whole life. I get the feeling if someone who absolutely HATED U2/Bono were to meet him, he'd find a way to change their feelings about him in short order.

Cool!

You know, I really like Ellen DeGeneres. She's got great taste in music and seems super nice. She'd be fun to hang out with.

Sorry about the whole mess with the temp agency and them going back and forth a bit with you like that, but I'm glad you know the reasoning behind your recent situation, and yeah, down the line if they need you again, you can go from there. In the meantime, fingers crossed about the blog job :hyper:, and woohoo for getting everything sorted for tomorrow! Sounds like it should be loads of fun, hope you have a good time!

She's so awesome! :yes:

Thanks. It was frustrating at first, but now that I have a reasonable explanation, I'm okay with that.

I'm really looking forward to it! :)

Tonight I'm going to my bi-monthly games night, and we're all supposed to bring ethnic foods for dinner. :der: Gah. I hate it when they're super unspecific about what they need. Just fucking tell me EXACTLY what you want, and I'll make/buy it. I had no clue what to do, so I'm just going to leave a bit earlier than I would have normally and wander the aisles of the grocery store in hopes that inspiration hits. :lol: If all else fails I'll just bring chips and salsa. :reject: I should have thought about and planned this earlier, but I was just too damn lazy. Oh well.

GR - he was looking GOOOOOD on the show today. :combust: Hot damn. He's definitely in my top 5. :drool:

Colin Farrell is on Ellen today, and he came out to "Desire." :lmao: Rather fitting, I'd say. :wink: Dayyyyum. :lol:

fitting indeed! :yes:

God he is yummy. Hi Colin, welcome to being back on my list. Maybe up to number 2 with a bullet.

I know, right?

She's so awesome! :yes:

Thanks. It was frustrating at first, but now that I have a reasonable explanation, I'm okay with that.

I'm really looking forward to it! :)

Tonight I'm going to my bi-monthly games night, and we're all supposed to bring ethnic foods for dinner. :der: Gah. I hate it when they're super unspecific about what they need. Just fucking tell me EXACTLY what you want, and I'll make/buy it. I had no clue what to do, so I'm just going to leave a bit earlier than I would have normally and wander the aisles of the grocery store in hopes that inspiration hits. :lol: If all else fails I'll just bring chips and salsa. :reject: I should have thought about and planned this earlier, but I was just too damn lazy. Oh well.

GR - he was looking GOOOOOD on the show today. :combust: Hot damn. He's definitely in my top 5. :drool:

Game night sounds fun!!! Gonna have to look up that show - I love them both... in different ways of course.

:reject:

I ordered 4 more Bryan Adams singles.

"My name is Tara and I have a problem"

Ergh, yeah, that's always a tough call. Especially with that kind of dish. But indeed, chips and salsa generally do the trick every time (ooh, now I want some chips and salsa...). Have a good time at your games!

Tara, LOL, hey, if you've got the spare money for such things, splurge away, I say! What's the point of being a fan if you don't start obsessively collecting everything you can, right :p?

Tara, LOL, hey, if you've got the spare money for such things, splurge away, I say! What's the point of being a fan if you don't start obsessively collecting everything you can, right :p?

Especially considering even with price/shipping of all 8 singles combined, I spent less on him than I have on U2 in the past 6 months. :shifty:

#U2Anonymous :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom