PGP: I came, I saw, ....I rocked the Casbah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm watching the American Country Music Awards (don't you judge me) because of my growing crush on Blake Shelton (thanks Voice). They are talking about what's coming up next and words I never thought I'd hear "coming up...Bono..." and I look up to see, yes, Bono (looking like he rolled out of bed) in something that was taped. And I thought....

Holy shit....he knows I was cheating!

America is not just a country....it's an idea!

my mom called to tell me he was on or I would not be watching.

went out last night for pizza and drinks with the girls then today I went to my cousin's daughter's first bday and had pizza again....oh and cake. :barf: My trainer is going to faint tomorrow when I tell her and then probably add on some extra form of torture for the week on top of the hell she assigns me to do on my own each week.

Okay, so I'm watching the American Country Music Awards (don't you judge me) because of my growing crush on Blake Shelton (thanks Voice). They are talking about what's coming up next and words I never thought I'd hear "coming up...Bono..." and I look up to see, yes, Bono (looking like he rolled out of bed) in something that was taped. And I thought....

Holy shit....he knows I was cheating!

First: :lmao:

Second: why was he there? :ohmy:

went out last night for pizza and drinks with the girls then today I went to my cousin's daughter's first bday and had pizza again....oh and cake. :barf: My trainer is going to faint tomorrow when I tell her and then probably add on some extra form of torture for the week on top of the hell she assigns me to do on my own each week.

:hug:

:yes: Charles Addams (the creator) didn't name them until the series was being developed.

In the original series, the grandma was actually Morticia's mother, not Gomez's, and Fester was her brother. And, according to Wikipedia, he chose Wednesday for girl because of that old saying "Wednesday's child is full of woe." :lol:

[/useless information] :nerd: :reject:

I always enjoyed both shows. The characters were so cool!

Mr.Z and I were Gomez and Morticia one year for Halloween - pics on my fb.

It was taped from Ireland. He introduced Dierks Bentley saying that he was a fan and that Dierks was a fan. He looked good, the hair was lopsided. I guess this is what happens when Bono is left to do his own grooming.

But it was NOT what I expected.

Then my husband proceeded to say, "You'd pick HIM over me? He's looking rough." Oh green is not your color, my dear husband.

If Bradley Cooper introduces an award, it's fucking trifecta!

Y'all. I'm so excited. I just planned my next tattoo. Now I just have to wait a year to make sure I still want it. Problem is... I wantz it NAO!!!!!!!!

*Trying to imagine Bono listening to Dierks Bentley*

Dierks is a U2 fan? Well, hey, that gives him some bonus points with me already :up:.

That's hilarious that Bono popped up there of all places. Wow. And as for your husband's comment, Grace? Pah *Makes dismissive hand wave* :p.

You'd get on well with my sister, she likes Blake and Bradley, too :). Gotta love those moments when some of your favorite guys all meet up in one place like that.

:yes: Charles Addams (the creator) didn't name them until the series was being developed.

In the original series, the grandma was actually Morticia's mother, not Gomez's, and Fester was her brother. And, according to Wikipedia, he chose Wednesday for girl because of that old saying "Wednesday's child is full of woe." :lol:

[/useless information] :nerd: :reject:

I always enjoyed both shows. The characters were so cool!

LOL, hey, it's not useless, thanks for the info :)! That's quite interesting-funny how a few small details being switched and added can change something so much.

:up: to you and to Zu for the costume ideas (I don't believe I've friended some of you on Facebook, I'll need to do that). :lol: at your story you gave people, Tara.

I dressed up as Lydia from the "Beetlejuice" cartoon for Halloween once. Or, at least, as close as I could get to it.

Thora, I do understand your second guessing, but hell, if you've got the money and want to have a bit of fun, go for it! Hope you have a good time!

LOL, hey, it's not useless, thanks for the info :)! That's quite interesting-funny how a few small details being switched and added can change something so much.

:up: to you and to Zu for the costume ideas (I don't believe I've friended some of you on Facebook, I'll need to do that). :lol: at your story you gave people, Tara.

I dressed up as Lydia from the "Beetlejuice" cartoon for Halloween once. Or, at least, as close as I could get to it.

I know far too much about certain tv shows... :shifty: and musicians. But yea, I agree. Change one detail about something, and it becomes completely different.

I call it useless info because really, it has no bearing on every day life... at least, not for most people. :p
But me + The Addams family (up until the second cartoon series; anything after that was just horrible) = :hyper::love:

Lydia is awesome! I loved that cartoon. It was so cool.

It was fun to see the look I got when I told people that. I know one or two of them knew what I was talking about, but everyone else had this look: :ohmy:

It was hilarious. :lol:

I like Bono's wonky hair :cute: It looks REALLY dark

He must have JUST dyed it. I wonder if he uses Nice 'N' Easy...or Feria...L'Oreal....

I don't think he uses Just For Men...

AND I think I found the entire U2 Much Music on my husband's laptop - like 3 laptops ago.

Thora, I do understand your second guessing, but hell, if you've got the money and want to have a bit of fun, go for it! Hope you have a good time!

I can't bring myself to book it tonight. :lol: I will tomorrow, though. :) I don't know if the price will increase or not, but that's a risk I'll have to take. Maybe I might luck out and get a better price for booking it the day before. :lol:

His hair looks weirdly like in the 90s (was it 99? I tend to remember the sunglasses more from then...) when he had it gelled...I don't know what to think about that.

I wish my hair were still that dark, heh. I don't want to buy hair dye so I've got an inch or two of dark then everything's bleachy. Whatever, art school, kids got weirder hair than mine. I don't give no fucks.

I successfully scored a pretty great room in the campus housing lottery today! :hyper: In the more modern of the buildings, and a dorm with interesting high ceilings and hopefully good views (also there's a kitchen, huzzah! probably a much less shitty one than the one I have now!) The only downside—my friend wanted us to have a 4 bedroom place, so she made her guy friend stay with us :| I don't know how I feel about sharing living space with him...no bra and undies parades, le sigh. I realized I'm so used to all-female housing when I'm away from home...

I'll never catch up on the thread you guyys, but I had to just say I just saw the the new clip. and... :ohmy: his hair. :giggle:

Anyway, :wave:

I know far too much about certain tv shows... :shifty: and musicians. But yea, I agree. Change one detail about something, and it becomes completely different.

I call it useless info because really, it has no bearing on every day life... at least, not for most people.

Haha, hey join the club, I'm the same way with stuff I love. When I get into a show or a band or whatnot, I really study up on them. My dad used to joke that we could be talking about the weather and I could somehow tie it back to some show or actor or band I liked (and...um...he was right :reject:).

But me + The Addams family (up until the second cartoon series; anything after that was just horrible) = :hyper::love:

Lydia is awesome! I loved that cartoon. It was so cool.

I seem to recall watching a cartoon version of that show a bit here and there when I was younger. I don't know if it was the good or bad version you refer to, though. It's kinda depressing when people take childhood loves and mess with them so badly. Ah, well.

I was so obsessed with that show when I was a kid. I wanted my own ghost friend so badly, LOL. I've gotten pretty good at drawing the Lydia character. Haven't tried drawing Beetlejuice in some time, whenever I tried to draw him when I was a kid he always turned out looking like some purple-skinned woman with crazy hair in jail clothes.

It was fun to see the look I got when I told people that. I know one or two of them knew what I was talking about, but everyone else had this look: :ohmy:

It was hilarious. :lol:

Hehehe, I can imagine.

I do tend to like dark humor, so hey, I approve :up:.

Good night! Sweet dreams!

I can't bring myself to book it tonight. :lol: I will tomorrow, though. :) I don't know if the price will increase or not, but that's a risk I'll have to take. Maybe I might luck out and get a better price for booking it the day before. :lol:

Ah, okay. Yeah, that'd be great, hope you do manage to get a good price.

I successfully scored a pretty great room in the campus housing lottery today! :hyper: In the more modern of the buildings, and a dorm with interesting high ceilings and hopefully good views (also there's a kitchen, huzzah! probably a much less shitty one than the one I have now!) The only downside—my friend wanted us to have a 4 bedroom place, so she made her guy friend stay with us :| I don't know how I feel about sharing living space with him...no bra and undies parades, le sigh. I realized I'm so used to all-female housing when I'm away from home...

Ergh, yeah, that is definitely an awkward situation. Eh, maybe eventually he'll move out and you can find another female to share the space with or something.

On the upside, though, woo for finding a nicer place to live overall!

It matters not what is happening with the hair, just the fact that there is so much of it still...yay!
Yeah, you want a handful of that!

This is proof that Bono is probably the only man on the planet who wouldn't falter on the "does this dress make me look fat" question, because he literally ALWAYS has something nice to say, in a way that makes you believe he is totally sincere. He is enthusiastically diplomatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom