PGP-Hoping For Some BOOMCHA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey girls!! How are things??

So I hear hotels are booked!! :hyper::hyper:

Mucca!!! :ohmy: :faint:

:giggle:

That reminds me, I keep forgetting to ask about claiming some space on the rug for sleep! :lol: Not that I expect to get much with you girls around :wink:

VP: Let's just say a certain bar has been known to be a spot a certain Irishman enjoys and leave it at that :wink:

Mucca!!!! How are you?? :hug: Do you know when you're arriving?

Hotels for the 2nd and 3rd for sure, maybe earlier, I just need to find out from the others!

I'm pretty good. I'm back in school for a course I need for work. It's getting kinda brutal....I have school 5 days a week 7:30-3:30....I miss having my 5 days off when I was at work :lol:

I still don't have my schedule yet. I probably won't until March at the earliest unfortunately but I'm thinking I'd want to be in TO by the 2nd.

That reminds me, I keep forgetting to ask about claiming some space on the rug for sleep! :lol: Not that I expect to get much with you girls around :wink:

VP: Let's just say a certain bar has been known to be a spot a certain Irishman enjoys and leave it at that :wink:

Ooooh....there definately won't be much sleeping at all then. Is it just one specific Irishman or a specific few?

Um no, we won't leave it at that! :scream: :lol:

I'm pretty good. I'm back in school for a course I need for work. It's getting kinda brutal....I have school 5 days a week 7:30-3:30....I miss having my 5 days off when I was at work :lol:

I still don't have my schedule yet. I probably won't until March at the earliest unfortunately but I'm thinking I'd want to be in TO by the 2nd.

How long is the course? Poor thing!

I don't think many of our plans are solidified just yet, except that DG, Wild and Jem are arriving on the 1st.

U2_Bonoat102Edge1.jpg

That's Liz in the very center, with the sunglasses on, behind Bono to his right. You can see Sarah's forehead, just behind her.

Further over from them (behind the guy with the grey hair and glasses with the woman that's hugging Bono) you can see Gabe and Mark Baker *g* Mark's holding up an NLOTH book with sunglasses on his head, and Gabe is at the left edge of the pic wearing his sunglasses :wink:

Further over from them (behind the guy with the grey hair and glasses with the woman that's hugging Bono) you can see Gabe and Mark Baker *g* Mark's holding up an NLOTH book with sunglasses on his head, and Gabe is at the left edge of the pic wearing his sunglasses :wink:

Yeah, it's kind of hard not to recognize Mark. :lol: and Gabe, of course.

I felt so awful - that night in the lobby - you were there at that point, right? - I didn't introduce Liz and Gabe cause I thought they knew each other. Turns out they didn't. :reject:

Ooooh....there definately won't be much sleeping at all then. Is it just one specific Irishman or a specific few?

One specific Irishman :wink: Though why *that* bar... then again, given some of the patrons I've seen there they may not know U2 (even if they bit 'em :lol:)

Um no, we won't leave it at that! :scream: :lol:

How long is the course? Poor thing!

I don't think many of our plans are solidified just yet, except that DG, Wild and Jem are arriving on the 1st.

It's until the end of March. I have 2 weeks off during the olympics though. Can't wait for that!

It looks like a gong show in that picture :crack:
Did both of you go to that interview?

Yeah, it's kind of hard not to recognize Mark. :lol: and Gabe, of course.

I felt so awful - that night in the lobby - you were there at that point, right? - I didn't introduce Liz and Gabe cause I thought they knew each other. Turns out they didn't. :reject:

Was that shortly after the concert or way late? I don't remember being there at that point, though if it was way late then I would've been, since Gabe and I walked back from the Hideout together *g*

You know I really wish I knew U2 earlier. I would've loved to be at the Vertigo concert. It seems so much more intimate compared to the last two tours.

By the way DG, nice come back to bitch girl!! That's awesome!! :lol:

Jem has to bring the Kaiser Chiefs' lead singer Doctor Who video with her somehow, hopefully they'll still allow laptops on planes in July :lol:

You know I really wish I knew U2 earlier. I would've loved to be at the Vertigo concert. It seems so much more intimate compared to the last two tours.

By the way DG, nice come back to bitch girl!! That's awesome!! :lol:

Didn't you see them during the Vertigo tour? :wink:

BTW, outer rail or pit? I know I want to do outer rail for one of the shows, but not sure if I wanna go for the pit. The stage is high up, but I miss being right up front. :lol: :love:

Didn't you see them during the Vertigo tour? :wink:

BTW, outer rail or pit? I know I want to do outer rail for one of the shows, but not sure if I wanna go for the pit. The stage is high up, but I miss being right up front. :lol: :love:

Wow....total brain fart....this is what full time school is doing to me. It's making me dumb....:lol:

I loved outer rail!!! Seeing edge do the UTEOTW solo right in front of me was AMAZING!!! :love: I'd love to go into the pit too since I've never been but like you said with the stage being so high i don't know if it'll be worth it.

I was going to go to bed earlier tonight - ha! Doesn't happen much around here, does it? :wink:

Someone send Jess hugs if she comes back after I've left?

I still got credit for buying the Amsterdam tickets for the record store guy. :D Went in there today for the first time in months(didn't have time) and he was there. Bought a shitload of cds and he offered me discount again! :D
In return I'm giving him a dvd copy of the Amsterdam concert. He asked me if there was a dvd coming out soon, so he could play it in the store! They got a big flatscreen tv and he wants to put U2 on there.

I can add to my collection: Pear Jam's Ten and Backspacer, Meat Loaf's Bat out of Hell and from Snow Patrol Eyes Open and A Hundred Million Suns. :D
And Finding Nemo.. :shifty:

Watching Elevation Miami again. This show is so amazing, you girls really need to see it. :drool:

Can I thank you again so much for pointing me towards the Amsterdam dvd! :D I told the guy in the recordstore and he'd love to have a copy so I'll burn him one. Didn't have time to get one myself yet either, so now's a good time.

This is the short version:

Well, he severed his toe at school yesterday. Got so mad kicking a padded door that he took everything above the first knuckle clean off. So they sewed him up, sent him on his merry way and about a mile from the hospital, he tore it off again. So my mom took him back, they glued it shut and sent him home. Then this morning, he popped the wound open again, so we went back to Primary's again and they bandaged it and put him in a walking boot to keep him from openign the wound again. However, through all this, he's officially been declared a danger to himself and others and his psychiatrist wants us to put him in the U of U psychiatric hospital. My mom, who was in the hospital last month with severe bleeding ulcers was told not to stress out so she could heal. How I haven't lost my mind yet, I don't know.

:yikes: Jesus christ.

Yeah, he wouldn't be there permanently. And since he likes to attack us, it's for our safety, too. It's just a very hard thing to do.

:hug: It must be really hard on you and your mom. But from the sounds of it, maybe it's the safest option for now.

I totally pwned bitch girl today. I went to stand near where she was eating, and of course she acts like a baby and moves away. :rolleyes: I start laughing and she says, "I move because you smell like shit." I told her that was false, I smell like roses. She repeated what she said and I started laughing again. Then I said, "Unlike you, I am an awesome person who knows how to put my makeup on, won't be waitressing for the rest of my life, and I can come up with better insults than 'you smell like shit. Oh and I don't say sub-tle when pronouncing subtle." (At a trainer meeting last month, she was reading from a booklet and pronounced subtle that way. I'm not insensitive to people with learning disabilities but I made an exception for her.) Anyways, she shut up and it looked like she would start crying. Unfortunately, she didn't. :sigh:

I don't enjoy hurting people or cutting them down. But I did with her. Yeah, I'm a bitch.

DG you rock :applaud:

you go, dg!

My "default setting" IS generally kindness, empathy & courtesy. I'm not a total Ghandi-type person either so if I or people I care about are repeatedly hurt, insulted etc enough I will say something (s) [as you well know from my FORMER :YIPPIE::YIPPIE: nasty roomie encounters].

Yeah if some one has bee really nasty usually over repeated incidents- i do sort of 'enjoy' getting my due, but i don't usually go around other-wise planning of ways to hurt people. I'm glad of that.

Back
Top Bottom