PGP-Hoping For Some BOOMCHA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bleh, cold, sore and headachy. Damn weather. :madwife: How about you?

I hate spoilers for any shows, but especially for something this huge.

:hug: It'll be spring soon, just a few more weeks!

I'm good, just got back from karate. I actually could train for the whole time instead of sitting at the sideline for a bit because I'm too tired. :D my condition is already improving and I haven't even had a saturday off yet. Tomorrow should be my last working saturday.
I watched a bit of the Amsterdam dvd, and it's really good quality! :shifty: Watched Crazy Tonight.

:hug: It'll be spring soon, just a few more weeks!

I'm good, just got back from karate. I actually could train for the whole time instead of sitting at the sideline for a bit because I'm too tired. :D my condition is already improving and I haven't even had a saturday off yet. Tomorrow should be my last working saturday.
I watched a bit of the Amsterdam dvd, and it's really good quality! :shifty: Watched Crazy Tonight.

Oh good! Maybe just knowing you're going to have time to relax coming up is enough to make you feel better for now. :)

The quality of some of the fan-made bootlegs is just amazing! The Elevation Miami dvd that I've been going on about lately is fan made, and it's so good that I keep forgetting it's not pro-shot!

I was just looking up the Olympic Torch Relay route, and it looks like the route goes down our road, but turns around a block or two away from my office! :ohmy: I think we'll have to make an excuse to shut things down and go watch. That would be kinda cool! :D

Oh good! Maybe just knowing you're going to have time to relax coming up is enough to make you feel better for now. :)

The quality of some of the fan-made bootlegs is just amazing! The Elevation Miami dvd that I've been going on about lately is fan made, and it's so good that I keep forgetting it's not pro-shot!
Yes, and I had monday, wednesday(well had, more like took) and today off. And last week thursday since I couldn't go to Amsterdam due to trains. So I slept a bit more, though I didn't sleep in at any of the days. That's my plan for my first saturday off. I'm staying in bed till at least noon!

Yeah it's astonishing how fast technology has evolved! I've not seen that but I heard lots of good reviews on it.

:drool:

Still don't have any vid bootlegs... will have to do something about that eventually. Maybe this summer...

Get the Amsterdam multicam mix. it's awesome and has most of the songs played on the tour. :D
And for loose videos, check Matthias from u2gigs's account on youtube: U2006. He's got an amazing camera with amazing sound and video quality!

:ohmy: How long were you in it for?

I think at least an hour......

I spent several vacation weekends up at a small holistic health farm.
Besides the farm animals places, the Main multi-activities Building area{Kitchen/storage, Dinning room, Meeting Hall and Deck} and cottages some spaced well apart: it also had lots of land left alone- a pond, a marsh and a whole forest area.
Beautiful!

SO in once small building apart there was the tank.

Went in I think it had a very soft "bedding" INSTEAD of water, and now I'm getting a memory of see/ being near another one else where, but I can't remember if I ever went back where that one was...IT had the water aspect....

ANYWAY............

It was DARK, SOFT and Uber quiet!
At first THOUGH because I have further damaged hearing mostly due to one particular Who Concert - i heard the ringing in my left ear more pronounced.
Not sure IF i heard my heartbeat. :huh:

I didn't freak out.

But after awhile i sort of zoned out.... if I WAS asleep part of the time -- i didn't dream.

Towards what turned to be near the end of my session--- in the blackness I "saw" a red curving sweep of a line... to the upper left of my "field of vision"and then a little while after that the next person knocked on the tank.

I'm pretty sure that's it-- b/c I probably would have remembered anything really "trippy" ! :lol::lol:

*inseerttrippedoutsmileyhere* :lol:

ABSOLUTELY!:hyper:

I've been watching videos of the torch going through the different communities, and it's just so exciting! My friend's mom got to carry the torch in her city, which was so neat to see. I signed up to run, but obviously didn't get accepted.

I'm sure it won't be a problem for some of us to sneak away. I may just book myself as out of the office for a half hour or so that afternoon so I don't get any meeting requests in the meantime. :lol: :nerd:

Hard to believe that things kick off in just 2 weeks. It's going to be incredible!

Is not! You guys are in the wrong timezone after all! :grumpy:

Anyway, it's bedtime for me. :wave: G'nite guys! :hug:

oh, no girlie........it's YOU ! We were here before you after all! :lol::wink:

SLeeeeeeeeep good, and I HOPE you last Sat Workday goes ok at least!:hug:

:shifty::shifty:

{ LET'S ALLL WHISPER "WARWICK BASS" INTO GG2's EAR AS SHE FAlls asleep and see what kind of dreams she posted about here, tomorrow }

:shh::lol:

:wink:

I've been watching videos of the torch going through the different communities, and it's just so exciting! My friend's mom got to carry the torch in her city, which was so neat to see. I signed up to run, but obviously didn't get accepted.

wow for your friend's Mom!!!!:hyper::hyper:

aaaawwwwwww that's a bit of a bummer but, you got the whole shebang there in yours!!

I'm sure it won't be a problem for some of us to sneak away. I may just book myself as out of the office for a half hour or so that afternoon so I don't get any meeting requests in the meantime. :lol: :nerd:

Hard to believe that things kick off in just 2 weeks. It's going to be incredible!

yeah, really, UNLESS you had one of those Ultra -Scroogey, Nasty bosses.

exited for you!:hyper:

wow for your friend's Mom!!!!:hyper::hyper:

aaaawwwwwww that's a bit of a bummer but, you got the whole shebang there in yours!!

yeah, really, UNLESS you had one of those Ultra -Scroogi, . Nasty bosses.

exited for you!:hyper:

I saw the pictures and videos afterward, and she was dancing around while running. It was SO cute! :cute: She was absolutely thrilled to do it. I'm glad to live vicariously thru someone else, though.

No, thankfully I have a wonderful boss. She's awesome. She's working as a volunteer for a ton of the Olympic events, so I'm sure that if she's in the office that day, she won't mind. If she's not at work, well, then I'm gonna go and watch! :lol:

I saw the pictures and videos afterward, and she was dancing around while running. It was SO cute! :cute: She was absolutely thrilled to do it. I'm glad to live vicariously thru someone else, though.

No, thankfully I have a wonderful boss. She's awesome. She's working as a volunteer for a ton of the Olympic events, so I'm sure that if she's in the office that day, she won't mind. If she's not at work, well, then I'm gonna go and watch! :lol:

sounds like she won't mind!

I just checked her schedule, and she'll be away. *nosy Nellie* :lol:

I normally take my lunch break at the time it should be coming around anyway, so it won't be a problem. I can wear my new cute Olympic mittens too! :lol:

:nerd:

the mittens arew cute! I love the Maple Leaf ? palm Grip!

the stone logo figure--- it's OK

but i love the Landscape logo!:heart:, the landscape stylized waves graphics:heart: and the Sun Mask scarf.:heart:

and the littl' critters :cute:

NorthWest and South West (Navajo and Hopi) Native American Art/Crafts have been my favorites for ages!

I has seen (besides the museums collections here in NYC) art least one exhibit of NW Transformational Masks like 20 yrs ago!

The logos have been hotly debated here in Vancouver, the inukshuk (the stone person figure) especially. I remember seeing pretty hilarious comparisons of that with like a fisher price/lego toy or something. Can't really remember, but I was a bit baffled by the choice.

I much prefer the Paralympic logo, as it represents Vancouver SO much better. I really loved the bid logo, which had the Canadian maple leaf and the mountains on it: File:Vancouver2010 bid.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

update

I have to leave in just very few mins--wanted to make sure i put this here as well. :hug:S thanks all!

update thurs 1-28

my sis felt well enough (called me) to take herself home by cab- so i went over to her house in mid afternoon, let myself in since she went to take a nap.

She told me that most of the she time has to "make herself nap, she feels so well. She wants to "go out"! But she does know that she has to take these naps so somehow it doesn't possibly bring her harm down the line.

We hung out a while, and then we took off to go food shopping - me being the designated "packhorse".:lol: Glad to be able to help her. After we unload the groceries in the fridge we hung out for another few hours.

For the first several hours you'd never would have known (she did have a turtle-neck on, but it was winter after all) that she had even had the surgery! She didn't sound hoarse at all!

It wasn't till we'd been together for abut 3- 4 hours or so that she even started to sound some what hoarse! Being with me was the most she'd talked in the 4 days.

It's quite amazing and stunningly great!

One of the coolest/nicest things was - she showed me her new laptop (and she gave me her old one), and we looked at several batches of her travel photos, and also some events and occasions we went to together.

The one technical problem was somehow a major portion of her photos were "shuffled".....:huh:
We used iphoto's multi-pics scroll down/up option, where i pointed to the ones i wanted to see full size. Then a while later, we looked at one set of earlier travel photos that were a separate event" (iphoto), and in order so she set those up in slideshow mode...and it was just :happy::heart::happy: Wonderful!!!
{ this set was paris at christmas time.....
... So how could it not be *lovely* ! }

i was just so relieved/happy to see her, and that she was so well after all this.

Back
Top Bottom