PGP: He's got the submarine AND the gasoline, baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
19]a)
mah job... I HAZ IT!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you all so much for listening to me vent and bitch and moan for the last 3 months. I couldn't have made it through this without this place. :hug: And for your support - sitting in the waiting room for my interview on Monday night, I could seriously feel everyone's support and it helped. :love:

b) Thanks for the spoiler stuff. I saw the intro song on fb last night but silly me, I've forgotten what it was - mind on other things.

c) Will have to study that gif at home - these computers are soooooo slow.

*sigh of relief*
*opens bottle of Jameson*

:hyper::hyper::hug::hug::hug::hyper::hyper:

:yippie::yippie:
I'm SOOOOOOO HAPPY for you zu!!!!!!

now I can leave here with a song in my heart!

a) mah job... I HAZ IT!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you all so much for listening to me vent and bitch and moan for the last 3 months. I couldn't have made it through this without this place. :hug: And for your support - sitting in the waiting room for my interview on Monday night, I could seriously feel everyone's support and it helped. :love:

b) Thanks for the spoiler stuff. I saw the intro song on fb last night but silly me, I've forgotten what it was - mind on other things.

c) Will have to study that gif at home - these computers are soooooo slow.

*sigh of relief*
*opens bottle of Jameson*

Oh, I almost cried, I'm SOOOOO happy for you!!! You absolutely deserve it. So wonderful!! :hug: :love:

Oh you actually stayed there and went to classes? It does sound really interesting! Ours is just a short trip to learn some stuff about the unis there and companies, but it's also partly fun yeah.

Irish history is waaay more exciting to me though. :love: I loved to read about it when I was in Ireland, all those museums.

We didn't ever go to classes at the universities there, but we liased with them and used their libraries and stuff all the time. We'd meet with our professor regularly in meeting rooms on campus, then go to the politicians/religious leaders offices or to a restaurant or something to meet with them and talk. We lived in a hostel in Dublin but spent a lot of time at Trinity, and stayed in a dorm at Queen's University in Belfast, since we used more of that school's facilities when we were in the North. We were overseas for several months.

Definitely - the history of the country is amazing. I really need to write more about my time there, because it was an experience of a lifetime. Seeing things in person, and talking to people who had been there for Bloody Sunday and other major historical events was absolutely unbelievable. I could dork out about this all day! :lol:

YAY ZOOEY!!! Absolutely thrilled for you! :hug: Now you can forget about all of this (but if it were me, I'd still hate them for doing it in the first place) and have an amazing time this weekend. :hi5:

ZOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY:applaud::happydance::cabbagepatch::rimshot:

I'm going to do a special Larry/Bono gif just for you :kiss: So happy for ya! Now go drink. :lol: :drunk:

aaaww bye, VP :hug::hug:
enjoy your din!

Thanks, it was good! But then I was so hungry that anything would have been. :lol: I really need to start eating a decent breakfast, something more than a granola bar at my desk. Have a good night!

Maybe simple, but it sounds good! :D

Oh you had to start right off the bat? How are the poor kitties handling you being off for so long now?

Yea, it's not an easy one to communicate with. But I asked a mutual friend to talk to him(she's like a sister to him) while I'm gone, so that may help clear things up if she finds the time.
I'll be gone for 12 days, from sunday till the 15th. :hyper: 3 days in denmark,then travelling through Sweden. I'm going to Goteborg and Stockholm too. Part of me feels nerdy enough to find the stadiums U2 played at there. :wink:

Enjoy dinner!

Yeah, I had the interview Thursday morning, was hired that afternoon, and had to start Monday. The day after the interview I had to finish a temp job out of town, and then all weekend I spent shopping for work clothes and getting ready. I was busy with things earlier in the week, too. Temp job and other things. It's been crazy. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

That's probably a good idea, having someone talk to him. :up: Sounds like it's going to be a great trip, too!

The kittens. :crack: The whole thing is complicated by Max being on different food. Since he got sick and had to switch, I have to feed them all separately. I lock him in a bedroom at night with his food, and then the others have the rest of the house, with their food out. I let him down in the morning, and put all the food away, then during the day, they eat every 4 or 5 hrs, give or take. The others get fed in their usual spot in the hallway, while they're eating, I take Max into the kitchen and give him his food, and then when he's done, I put his food away, and of course he goes out to nose around their food, but I keep him away from it while the last of the stragglers are finishing, and I put that away too. Rinse and repeat till night time. :crack: Now, I let him out and put all their food away when I get up. I try to feed him once more before I go to work, since he's less tolerant of being hungry than the others are. He nibbles a bit, but that's all. I leave around 7:30 and get home around 5, so it's pretty much the same as them having to go overnight without food, and lots of cats do that. By the time I get home, they're starving. But I'm hoping they'll gradually get used to eating more during the evening and at night. And honestly, they could all stand to lose a few lbs, so it's not like it's going to hurt them any. :lol:

Attention-wise they haven't been that bad. They're really excited when I get home - I would imagine their little kitten brains see me and go "FOOD!" ha, but then like usual, some come to me for snuggles after, others just go and be cats and sleep. :lol: I try to give each of them attention in the evening, though.

Y'all - I didn't cry 'til I read all of your responses. Thank you all so much!

(and yes, VP, I do still hate them for doing this to me and to many of my good friends, some of whom are not as "fortunate" as I am)

But yeah, PARTY WEEKEND HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Again, I love you all for your love and support!!!!!!!

*waits for Comet's gif* :wink:

I keep reading the acceptance letter to make sure it says what I think it says. I even made Mr.Z read it.

For zooey :kiss:

larrybootsbonocomet.gif

Larry, I'd let you in my sound any friggin' day of the week. :drool:

:lol: Well said!

My team won their hockey game tonight, and as a result, won the President's Trophy for the first time ever. That means that we get home ice advantage for the entire playoffs. I'm sure those of you who don't care about hockey have no clue what this all means, but oh my god is it ever good!! :love: :hyper:

At the end of the game, the players all stayed on the ice and lifted their sticks in the air and the room all of a sudden got damn dusty. :shifty: :lol:

I am SO excited for the playoffs!!!! :hyper:

[/ending hockey talk - for now]

Thanks, it was good! But then I was so hungry that anything would have been. : lol: I really need to start eating a decent breakfast, something more than a granola bar at my desk. Have a good night!

Yeah, I had the interview Thursday morning, was hired that afternoon, and had to start Monday. The day after the interview I had to finish a temp job out of town, and then all weekend I spent shopping for work clothes and getting ready. I was busy with things earlier in the week, too. Temp job and other things. It's been crazy. I'm looking forward to the weekend.

That's probably a good idea, having someone talk to him. :up: Sounds like it's going to be a great trip, too!

The kittens. :crack: The whole thing is complicated by Max being on different food. Since he got sick and had to switch, I have to feed them all separately. I lock him in a bedroom at night with his food, and then the others have the rest of the house, with their food out. I let him down in the morning, and put all the food away, then during the day, they eat every 4 or 5 hrs, give or take. The others get fed in their usual spot in the hallway, while they're eating, I take Max into the kitchen and give him his food, and then when he's done, I put his food away, and of course he goes out to nose around their food, but I keep him away from it while the last of the stragglers are finishing, and I put that away too. Rinse and repeat till night time. :crack: Now, I let him out and put all their food away when I get up. I try to feed him once more before I go to work, since he's less tolerant of being hungry than the others are. He nibbles a bit, but that's all. I leave around 7:30 and get home around 5, so it's pretty much the same as them having to go overnight without food, and lots of cats do that. By the time I get home, they're starving. But I'm hoping they'll gradually get used to eating more during the evening and at night. And honestly, they could all stand to lose a few lbs, so it's not like it's going to hurt them any. :lol:

Attention-wise they haven't been that bad. They're really excited when I get home - I would imagine their little kitten brains see me and go "FOOD!" ha, but then like usual, some come to me for snuggles after, others just go and be cats and sleep. :lol: I try to give each of them attention in the evening, though.
Wow sounds like it was all on very short notice! :D But at least you got a good job now right?

Sounds like you're having quite a handfull with the kittens. Can't you lock Max up for the day in the kitchen with his food and water and a few toys or something? And have the rest of them in the house with their food? :hmm:

:giggle: That sounds familiar. Miep always comes back from wherever she is outside at exactly 6pm, dinnertime. She sees me come home and is like "Oy, feed me! :flirt:"

Fermentation and brewing is still chemistry - it's just chemistry that involves alcohol :lol:

Exactly! :D And it's for a reason that the Chemistry department's logo is an alcohol molecule with our university's logo in it. :wink:

Soo U2tour is already fucking with the fans for today. :lol: U2 coming to Berlin next november. Yeah Right. If there's one market overly saturated with u2 it's Germany. Last year barely sold out.

Wow sounds like it was all on very short notice! :D But at least you got a good job now right?

Sounds like you're having quite a handfull with the kittens. Can't you lock Max up for the day in the kitchen with his food and water and a few toys or something? And have the rest of them in the house with their food? :hmm:

:giggle: That sounds familiar. Miep always comes back from wherever she is outside at exactly 6pm, dinnertime. She sees me come home and is like "Oy, feed me! :flirt:"

Yup, it seems like an awesome place to work so far! :) I was afraid of getting into some crappy place, and hating it.

I think it'd be more stressful on them to leave them separated for the day. They'll adapt to the food thing. :up:

Miep. :cute:

Zooey, so glad you were able to relax last night! :heart:

Yikes, gotta go get ready and leave. Casual Friday = me not having to plan an outfit while half asleep. :drool: Talk to you all later! :wave:

Glad you're enjoying your job. :) Have fun today!

:shifty: if you ever need someone to babysit them kittens... I'm only.. :grumpy: A bloody ocean away.

Y'all - I didn't cry 'til I read all of your responses. Thank you all so much!

(and yes, VP, I do still hate them for doing this to me and to many of my good friends, some of whom are not as "fortunate" as I am)

But yeah, PARTY WEEKEND HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Again, I love you all for your love and support!!!!!!!

*waits for Comet's gif* :wink:

I keep reading the acceptance letter to make sure it says what I think it says. I even made Mr.Z read it.

Now you can relax and enjoy your weekend away :up: :hug:

Larry, I'd let you in my sound any friggin' day of the week. :drool:
Next thread title right there! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My team won their hockey game tonight, and as a result, won the President's Trophy for the first time ever. That means that we get home ice advantage for the entire playoffs. I'm sure those of you who don't care about hockey have no clue what this all means, but oh my god is it ever good!!

At the end of the game, the players all stayed on the ice and lifted their sticks in the air and the room all of a sudden got damn dusty. :shifty: :lol:

I am SO excited for the playoffs!!!! :hyper:

[/ending hockey talk - for now]

I :heart: the Canucks. I didn't see that last night. I will have to go watch some sports shows now!:shifty: I didn't realize that they get home ice advantage for the entire playoffs! That is great!!!!:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Back
Top Bottom