PGP here to stroke Bono's....ego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! I have made a bunch of things from her website (most notably, the pasta in foil recipe cori posted, it's become a staple :drool: ) but I don't think I've ever seen that one.

The chicken - pineapple quesadillas I make are from her site. :drool:

Yeah, I remember hearing about those. :up: I've made a lot of stuff from her site too. The other day I was just searching through her cooking section hoping for something that sounded delicious, and came across that. It's several years old, so you have to go through quite a few pages to find it. :)

I've modified the chicken - pineapple quesadilla recipe to make it MUCH easier, though. You don't need to grill the chicken or the pineapple. I just use leftover chicken and pineapple from a can. The first time we made it exactly as the recipe says, and it was SO time consuming. My way, it takes no time, and it's still delicious.

Verdict on the pasta bake - it's very tasty! Next time I make it I'm going to use a lot less meat, and that will make it better. There's just not enough spaghetti sauce for my liking, and that's probably due to all the beef soaking it up. But otherwise it's good. :)

I've modified the chicken - pineapple quesadilla recipe to make it MUCH easier, though. You don't need to grill the chicken or the pineapple. I just use leftover chicken and pineapple from a can. The first time we made it exactly as the recipe says, and it was SO time consuming. My way, it takes no time, and it's still delicious.

I'm definitely all about the shortcuts! :up:

I can't eat pineapple, but I'm sure it's a tasty meal. :)

I have a potluck coming up at work, plus we're doing a cookie exchange. Have to find awesome things to make for those. And today we drew for secret Santa in our department. I got our manager. She's like mid-50s and she loves Adam Levine. A Maroon 5 cd? I don't even know. :lol:

All the ladies in my family have taken to doing a cookie exchange at Xmas since it ends up being loads cheaper than buying a lot of gifts.
One of my favorite kinds to make LOOKS complicated, but it super simple. I make a batch (or two) of plain sugar cookies, and once they're cooled, I melt baking chocolate, then drizzle it onto the cookies. The result is AMAZING and takes very little time to make. :drool:
Heck, I was even asked to make them this summer when my sister got married and had all the family members make cookies for the reception. (It is a HUGELY popular custom in my part of the US - the 'cookie table' at a wedding reception is almost more important than the wedding cake!! :lol: )

And I am so totally trying chicken-pineapple quesadillas your way, VP. Sounds just as yummy and a lot easier to do! With a 5 yr old and a baby on the way, easy dinner ideas are always on my must-have list. You can only do spaghetti dinners so many times before it gets mundane, lol.

Ugh, it's barely 30F outside. Time for hot cocoa for breakfast. With extra marshmallows.

Ok,Bonogirls! I hope you have all been good this year,cos Santa Claus came early this year.I like my cookies with milk,thank you!
bonokiltkatya.jpg

Cookies? You're gettting cake for this!!!!!:bow::bow::bow:

I can't believe we got this pic after all this time. :love: And it's worth the wait!

Ha! I'm reading this celebrity encounter thread on Reddit, and found this, and thought you girls might enjoy it.

I was in a great little bar under the Pike Street Market in Seattle called "The Alibi Room" and was chilling in the lower level.
As often happens when drinking, I had to take a leak. So I'm standing there at the urinal whistling a tune and a guy comes up and uses the urinal next to me. He joins in whistling the same song. The guy code in these situations is that you don't look at the guy next to you while taking a leak but it's cool that the guy is doing this duet-type-thing with me. And plus, I'd had a few drinks and it was a good night. So I finish first and go to wash up, and the other guy finishes and comes to use the sink to wash up after me. I glance up, look in the mirror, and see that the other guy is Bono. I smile, he smiles back, and we both are still whistling that song (for the life of me I can't remember what it was). I leave the bathroom, find my friends and say, "I think I just took a leak next to Bono."
On the way out of the bar we had to go upstairs and, sure enough, sitting there is Bono and The Edge with some other people having a drink in this great little bar. The next day I found out that U2 was playing that night at the TacomaDome.
Tl;Dr: Took a leak next to Bono, we whistled a song together.

[–]HBlackmoore 4 points 2 days ago
Not a leak story but something similar. I was doing some shopping on Michigan Ave in Chicago waiting for the light to change to cross the street. I look over and Edge also is doing some shopping carrying a couple bags and stuff. We make eye contact and I say, "aren't you?". He smiles, and nods, feeling embarrassed. I say "Cool", we both wait for the lights to change and walk together across the street. I didn't want to make a big deal about it because no one around recognized him which I think he appreciated. Later I told my friends I bumped into Edge, and they informed me U2 was actually playing in Chicago that weekend.

My cat is laying on my bed with me, and he won't move.

It's adorable that he wants to be close, but he's in the way my laptop. :lol:

VP, those are really neat. That one with the guy in the bathroom is funny. :lol:

Wow! Awesome! I hope that man gets a good sponsor for the cube's.

A plus about working here? Free samples of the upcoming holiday treats.

The down side? The sugar crash after inhale them all right after lunch.

:drool:

Question: What kind of cake is in the new peppermint cake pop? :shifty: *hopes it's chocolate*

Ha! I'm reading this celebrity encounter thread on Reddit, and found this, and thought you girls might enjoy it.

:love: I wonder if he was whistling a U2 song.

Another:

This didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine. She was out in a restaurant in Dublin and saw Bono having a meal with someone. She plucked up the courage to ask Bono for a photograph, so she waited until he was leaving and then walked towards the door as he was going out and politely asked for a photograph. Bono agreed and my friend asked Bono's friend, who he was having dinner with, to take it. He did and then they left. My friend goes back to her table and then, moments later, someone approaches her and said "do you realise that Bruce Springsteen just took a photograph of you and Bono?". She wasn't a big fan of The Boss, didn't recognise him.
TL;DR Friend sees Bono in a restaurant, asks person who he is having dinner with to take a picture of them. She now has a photograph of her and Bono taken by Bruce Springsteen.

Woah!! :ohmy: :love:

And that urinal story is awesome. :lol:

Had a great few hours with one of my best friends. I hadn't seen her in months, so it was great to have coffee and catch up. :heart: Then I went to Reitmans, and no luck. :angry: They had lots of cute stuff, but no crazy sale items - it must have ended or something, because barely anything in the store I went to was on sale. Everything I tried on was way too boobalicious or made me look chunky, so I didn't buy anything. :sigh: Oh well. Glad that you got some deals, VP. Probably a good thing I didn't buy any pants/skirts, as I'm hoping to lose a bit of weight in the next few months. :)

Question: What kind of cake is in the new peppermint cake pop? :shifty: *hopes it's chocolate*

Oh, it's chocolate all right. I think it's a peppermint brownie cake pop, so the consistency is a bit denser than the other cake pops. It was delicious.

:angry::angry:

goddamn net service went kapooie on the computer I'd been on most of afternoon.
finally getting a new one that 's K with net connect nd now I have to leave. :|
Le sigh :sigh:

hope everyone is well, or getting/doing better. :hug:ssss

see you Mon! :heart:

Belated cross-time HI VP! :wave:
getting stuff ready for u! Very cramped schedule this past week, very little time but now more time!:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom