PGP: Hello (Hello) *Disclaimer: That is an echo, not a Vertigo reference*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much. Watching The Big Bang Theory at the moment. I'm going to make lunch soon, and then do some more looking for work. A pretty low key day for me today. :)

Not much. Watching The Big Bang Theory at the moment. I'm going to make lunch soon, and then do some more looking for work. A pretty low key day for me today. :)

I love that show :lol: Which episode is it?

:tsk: Keep that tongue in yer mouth, you filthy hussy!

:kiss: Sup?

Proud hussy!!

Nah, just kiddin'

maybe :shifty:

Hmm. So I was just looking on Craigslist, and a job I applied for back in the fall is available again. :hmm: Debating whether or not to re-apply. I'm a bit wary, since whoever they ended up hiring over me (I came in 2nd for the job) obviously left after just a few months. Not the greatest sign, but it could have been for personal reasons or whatever.

Thora said:
Hmm. So I was just looking on Craigslist, and a job I applied for back in the fall is available again. :hmm: Debating whether or not to re-apply. I'm a bit wary, since whoever they ended up hiring over me (I came in 2nd for the job) obviously left after just a few months. Not the greatest sign, but it could have been for personal reasons or whatever.

Apply! It might be just a bad fit for that one person, and hey, if you hate it, you can move on.

My cubemate whom I adore is starting to realize she likes a lot of U2 songs that she didn't know were U2! Though we laughed ourselves to tears this afternoon when she asked me about that song Vertical.

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to apply. There's no guarantee that I'll even get an interview, but you don't know until you try. We'll see. :)

:lol: Vertical - love it!

I :heart: going to Chicago. In fact I've been going about once a month through buses and train (since I live southwest of Chicago).

Just remember to wear really supportive and comfortable sneakers next time you come to Chicago. I wouldn't really recommend heels...unless you really want to. Flip Flops work also in warmer months.

True....I'm not a big fan of Soldier field...mainly cause I was so exhaused going up and down those steep stairs when I went to see U2 in 2009. Design wise, I'm ok with it but I rather watch a Bears game from home.

Never been to Bubba Gump (even though I know where the Navy Pier location is at)...how was the food?

Yea, I don't wear heels. I made the mistake of wearing brand new sneakers. :doh:

Bubba Gump has awesome food. I'm not really a seafood eater, but the Cajun shrimp was :drool:. And, I had a fruit smoothie that was named "Run Forrest Run." :shifty:

Plus, when they seat you, they ask you a question about the movie. *was in heaven*

True, I prefer watching the Bears at home, as I like hearing the tv announcer dudes, and watching the little drawings they make when they're going over the plays. But, I was just so happy to see the actual field where they play. :love:

This is really amazing.

Bono's Mullet

Yeah, I bookmarked that shiz.

Bono :drool:

Yea, I don't wear heels. I made the mistake of wearing brand new sneakers. :doh:

Bubba Gump has awesome food. I'm not really a seafood eater, but the Cajun shrimp was :drool:. And, I had a fruit smoothie that was named "Run Forrest Run." :shifty:

Plus, when they seat you, they ask you a question about the movie. *was in heaven*

True, I prefer watching the Bears at home, as I like hearing the tv announcer dudes, and watching the little drawings they make when they're going over the plays. But, I was just so happy to see the actual field where they play. :love:

Ow! Yea....try to wear out your shoes before doing that.

Hmm....I'll check out the website (I'm sure they have one) to see if they have pricing. But it seems like a cool resturant otherwise :up:

True about Solider Field....I got a nice view of the claw :drool:. I'm not really a sports fan (I'm the idiot that watches them during playoff season....if they are heading towards the Championship spot.) but I like the Blackhawks and Cubs (Born a Northsider).

Thora, good luck with the application :). And as for the other job opening up again...hey, it's worth a shot. If you applied and got it and all went well the people there would probably start wondering why you were their second choice instead of their first :D.

That's nice...have you ever been to Springfield? Never been there...but would love to go there one day.

No, I haven't. I've only driven through Illinois 4 times, just traveled through there when going eastward and then through there again when coming back in the western direction...and funny thing, my family got stuck in the same town TWICE when we went through there. We got stuck in Princeton when we were going on a trip out to the northeastern U.S., and then we got stuck there again when we were heading to Nebraska. Car trouble both times. I seriously half expected Rod Serling from "The Twilight Zone" to rise and start doing a creepy narration or something the second time we got stuck :p.

It usually takes me an hour or three to get to Chicago (depending on which color train I'm going to. I live near 3....the blue line at O'hare (I live near a Pace Bus line that goes to O'Hare), the green line in Oak Park (Have to take 2Pace Buses) and the Orange Line at Midway (Have to take a Pace Bus and a CTA bus). But to me...half the fun is getting to Chicago).

I've never been to the southern end (or northern end) of Chicago because I tend to stay towards the Loop area. But I have been to a Sox Game (this was well before the last World Series win...and I was bored to tears!) in the south side. But Chicago as a whole is very cool. All the theaters are in one area and most of the muesums are fairly close together. But I would recommend taking the buses and EL because Chicago is like New York and LA. The traffic is a nightmare!

HA, after being in New York City I'm more than willing to believe that and would definitely be doing that. We walked EVERYWHERE our first day in New York City and my feet have never hurt as much as they did at the end of that day. I'm not ever making that mistake again. So I'll definitely take buses (or cabs, or subways) should I go to Chicago.

Incidentally, our 2 new co-workers have ties to Chicago-one lived there his whole life until last year, and the other, I think, has family there.

^^^^Yeah, we're down to two new co-workers. Our third new hire decided to back out today, it wasn't as many hours as she'd originally been expecting. So that brings our total of people who've quit-older co-workers to the newest hire-to, like, 5 or 6. Within one month's time. Not for any nasty reasons, just merely getting new jobs and moving, but still... Shame you don't live out here, Thora, otherwise I'd seriously urge you to apply at the store I work at! It'd only be part-time work, but hey, it'd be something!

I HATE summers in Chicago! I'm the crabbiest person during that time because I feel like a burnt sausage at a 7-11! :mad: :scream:

Hahaha, agreed. I've never been a big fan of the season of summer, either. The only thing I ever liked about it was getting three months off from school as a kid. And clearly those years are well over, so...:p. I don't like hot weather, I don't like feeling all sticky and sweaty and bleh all the time, like you said, there's the whole sunburn factor... Sorry, I'll take fall and winter any day, myself.

Ow! Yea....try to wear out your shoes before doing that.

Hmm....I'll check out the website (I'm sure they have one) to see if they have pricing. But it seems like a cool resturant otherwise :up:

True about Solider Field....I got a nice view of the claw :drool:. I'm not really a sports fan (I'm the idiot that watches them during playoff season....if they are heading towards the Championship spot.) but I like the Blackhawks and Cubs (Born a Northsider).

I didn't think we'd be walking that much. :doh::lol:

Menus :shifty: Also, it has a gift shop, and if you buy something you get a free button with a smiley face that says "Stupid is as stupid does."

I almost went to the first 2 US shows of the 360 tour. Ticketmaster.com failed me, though. :sad:

Cubs, ftw!

This is really amazing.

Bono's Mullet

Yeah, I bookmarked that shiz.

HA! I just went thru a few pages, and it's always funny to see so many scans I made. I always recognize them from marks and lines and stuff from my scanner, or books that you can see the spine or edges and stuff. :D

Hope everyone is doing good. :wave: I :lol: at Vertical too.

In case y'all haven't seen this one--this was taken in Dublin on Tuesday. I lightened the original picture, but still not sure: is it is, or is it ain't Bono?

BonoTaxi042412.jpg

U217 said:
Lovely...just...loveliness of the kind I need at 6:30 am.

That mullet page is all kinds of awesome. I think the mullet got out of hand when it started getting highlights.

That's frosting back then. I get a kick out of seeing my screencaps on some of these tumblers. I know they yoinked them from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom