PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tara, did I see a reference to a TARDIS bathrobe and a light on a headband as a Halloween costume? Cool idea, I want pics! I have that bathrobe and it's super comfy, and warm too.

And speaking of Whovian costume things, my insane 11-Doctors-in-one costume is basically finished!! With a lot of help from a friend who can sew (and who also thinks I'm bananas, but what else is new!), and the internet and ebay... all I need to do now is glue a magnet to Five's fake celery so I can attach it to the lapel of Nine's leather jacket without putting holes in it, and paint Two's recorder in blue stripes and stick a tassel on the end.

Here is a pic of what I've got for Doctors Two, Six, Four and Ten:

and here's a bonus of the top half, except I didn't have the waistcoat when I took this:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/Alisaura/2013-09-24220857sml_zps52fa80cc.jpg
I also have a fez, and the sonics for Eleven and Four. Dunno if the panama hat will survive 24+ hours rolled up in my suitcase!

And what the hell, here's the trousers and waistcoat my friend helped me with: (and also my very messy room/mirror)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q260/Alisaura/2013-10-11185909sml_zps8838d31f.jpg

So, besides all the costume stuff, I've spent the last few months going mad at work, and also applying for what is basically my own freaking job. Had to do a full-on hour-long interview for the first time in about 10 years - everyone in the team had to as well, so at least we're all in it together. Cos we all needed another reason to stress our brains out, it's not like we've been swamped in work all year or anything. :rolleyes:
Anyway, big company restructure, some positions will be lost but there is project work that will hopefully give everyone somewhere to go. Maybe. We think. Sigh.
Initially they told us we'd know the results in the first week of November (which is when I'll be away on leave); then last week they told us we'd find out early this week. Yesterday (which is late this week, for those keeping score at home), they told us we'd be informed "no later" than Wednesday NEXT week. At this rate they'll tell us at Christmas that we'll find out two years ago. Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey! :banghead:

And I'm going on a month's holiday to the UK (and Europe on the way home!), flying out next Thursday night, eeeeee!! : hyper: And also my mum had a hip replacement yesterday, and I need to leave right now to go visit her in hospital (which is two hours away).

:panic: :panic: : hyper: :crazy:

ETA: And also, I'm going to see David Tennant doing Shakespeare's Richard II on stage in Stratford-upon-Avon while I'm away!!! I've run out of smiley allowance but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!! /fangirl

Your costume looks awesome, Ali! Seriously love it!

As soon as I actually get the robe and the headlight :)lol:), I will take pics and post.... maybe. :shifty: I'm not photogenic :reject:

*jealous* I wanna see Tennant in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Hope your mom feels better :hug:

RIP Lou Reed, makes me sad that in few years we are stuck with Jedwards and Bieber : no: : no:
RIP Lou :sad:

: wave: Ali. Wow that is one ambitious Dr Who costume! I've never seen anything like that! :lol: Looks like it will be great. My girls still wear some of their Who costumes when they go to Comic-con, even though they don't watch the show anymore. They liked it for a while, and had fun putting the costumes together, but they don't watch it currently. Chelsea has 3 completed River costumes and Camille does #4. You've probably seen the pics I've posted here of them. Where are you talking your costume? Sounds great!! :D

I'm not the only person to have a similar idea, as I discovered while trawling every Doctor Who costuming online community I could find, but GMTA and all that. :wink:

I remember the pics you showed of Chelsea's costume, she makes a fantastic River! Can't remember if I saw Camille as Four... but then I can barely remember what day it is right now. *L*

I'm taking the costume to a tiny convention in Plymouth (UK) called ArmadaCon, there are about 300 attendees, and it sounds amazing - there are a handful of guests who do panels/talks, not big names but they just mingle about with everyone, and it's about everyone entertaining each other more than seeing celebrities. Big change from DragonCon!
And I'm also going to wear it at my Scottish friend's 50th birthday party - she's holding it on the actual 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, so it's a Who-themed party and I'm hoping other people will be dressing up! :laugh:

And the friends I'm staying with first live close to Cardiff, so hopefully we'll be able to take some pics at some filming locations and have a bit of a laugh. :)

Your costume looks awesome, Ali! Seriously love it!

As soon as I actually get the robe and the headlight :)lol:), I will take pics and post.... maybe. :shifty: I'm not photogenic :reject:

*jealous* I wanna see Tennant in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Hope your mom feels better :hug:

Aw, ta... :D

Anyone in a TARDIS dressing gown is infinitely photogenic. :wink:

Mum's doing well, she's out of hospital now and staying with friends until she's mobile enough to go home (where she lives alone). My brother's nearby if she needs anything, which is good.

And tomorrow we'll hopefully find out about the jobs at work... no word today so I'm not holding my breath.

So sad about Lou Reed and Marcia Wallace... :(

Better do a bit more packing. Two sleeps to go!!

:crack: My god, what a chaos can happen with just a little wind..

I just saw reports on the news about debris coming off buildings in Denmark and killing someone, two people in the Netherlands killed by falling trees, and three more in Germany... sounds like it was a lot of wind. :uhoh:

We have trees falling over in wind storms all the time, although I can't remember the last time I heard of anyone getting killed by them.

Meanwhile, Melbourne is freezing* and half of New South Wales is on fire. :slant:

* I am a wuss and I think 16C is freezing when we're 5 weeks away from summer. :reject:

My costume for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney World last week: The Muppets' Swedish Chef

JudeSwedishChef1013_zpsf719850d.jpg

Swedish-chef_zpsf3d84f14.jpg

Meh, just an announcement from u2.com that there will be a vinyl for record store day and that the video will appear "during november" on U2.com. :rolleyes: Same old bullshit.

Hello! : wave:

I've been a bad PLEBAn... :reject:

:grumpy: yes you have and should be smacked with a
Miniture Digeridoo

:wink:

:hug:Ali:hug:

WOW you've been been round the loopy-doop at work :(
GOOD LUCK with the changes that hopefully will NOT effect you
on ANY BAD way!

oh my GOOD LUCK to your Mom!
Hope her recovery is FREE of Complicartions and
heals all up well! MORE :hug:ssss

:lol: :applaud: Vongrats on your Mult-Dr Who costume

And have a safe and FABULOUS vacation! :hyper::hyper:

*butts in*
Given the obvious Village People overtones in the Discotheque video, I'm going with Yes. : wink:
*butts out*

yup.... seems like like it! : D

*grumblegrumble*

*hauls Adam into bunk* *takes Bono for good measure*

They need a proper spanking. I'll be back in oh....a week or so.

:whistle:

*camps outside of CK's house for B to crawl out at some point*

:whistle:

:shifty: Meanwhile if Edge should stroll by looking for B I grab him in the meantime.*
:shifty:

:wink:

------------------------------------------------------

Ms Purl :lol: Adorable! :applaud:

One day awhile back my daughter confided to me, "I think Titsie Rolls are my favorite candy." She was about ten and had no idea what tits are.

Lil Miss calls our cat "titty" because she cant say 'kitty' yet. Poor Solo...no idea he's being called a boob. :lol:

We correct her, of course, but it's still freakin hilarious.

And I gotta start hunting down bags of vanilla tootsie rolls. They usually sell ENTIRE bags of just vanilla around the holidays. So I hoard them and make 'em last for months. :shifty:

That one was more of an annoying mom story, I thought. I could tell you about the stresses my class that is video broadcast between two classrooms, though, where it seems like I'm always realizing that either my chest or my legs are exposed on camera. :ohmy:

:shifty: Does the story come with photographic evidence?

On a whole other level :hyper: Thor's out today, gonna see it tomorrow with mates!!

:drool: Chris Hemsworth...

We only have the 3D here, it's 12 euros (about 16,31USD) which is ridiculously expensive. So I barely go to the cinema, only when I really like a movie. I've seen all the Harry Potter ones, LOTR and Pirates series, but that's about it. Oh yeah and TinTin 3D, haha.

Original Thor and all the avengers movies I watched at a friend's.

Yeah I only got to see a few of the HP ones in theaters. Proudest moment ever was finally making a midnight premiere when DH2 was released. I want to be able to do midnight when they release the one they're making now, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Last time I actually saw a movie when it came out was DH2, actually. Sis & I went to a "cheap" theater over the summer to see The Heat. There are a couple "secondhand" cinemas around here that charge like $5 to see films that have already run at the regular theaters. It's ridiculous. I'd rather wait and get the DVDs from the rental place or Redbox 'em. I usually have promo codes and freebies anyways lol.

Back
Top Bottom