PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave: Busy here, too. I bit off more than I can chew this fall and am regretting it a bit now, but all is well. Can we see a new pic of Gloria? And congratulations on kindergarten!

Miserable, busy and working on reading papers and doing assignments here. :crack: Far too much stuff going on at once. I really need to find a cure for procrastrination!

Glad to see you pop in again tho Grace :D It's been a while!

Slight interruption in my services due to the arrival and subsequent departure of visitors from abroad.

What did I miss?

New album?

New haircut?

Any band members come out?

:hmm:

Nothing yet. Or maybe there was a haircut involved in the Amnesty Award ceremony? check the new photo threads.

National Theater Live is doing a rebroadcast of Danny Boyle's Frankenstein starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller on Halloween. hohmygodi'msoexcited.

Wait, I should know this? Is this on-line or I thought it was just at a few select theaters.

Also, I found the inspiration behind Bono's do'. It's my ex-bf Jake.

http://images.contactmusic.com/images/m4vstill/prisoners-jake-gyllenhaal640.jpg

Also, I know some of you love Charlie Hunnam was cast in 50 Shades. How do you feel about that? I'd be pretty upset if Benedict took a role like that.

I perused those Amnesty photos and it appears that he is merely trimming & taming the cockatoo for public appearances. I remain on the fence in that regard...

I acknowledge your Cumberlust, but I can't get on board. He's just too lanky for my tastes, which, you may have guessed, centre around a particular pudgy Irish rock star dwarf.

Pudgy Irish rock star dwarf, doo dah, doo dah...

Wait, I should know this? Is this on-line or I thought it was just at a few select theaters.

Also, I found the inspiration behind Bono's do'. It's my ex-bf Jake.

http://images.contactmusic.com/images/m4vstill/prisoners-jake-gyllenhaal640.jpg

Also, I know some of you love Charlie Hunnam was cast in 50 Shades. How do you feel about that? I'd be pretty upset if Benedict took a role like that.
:crack: There's gonna be a 50 shades movie??? As if the books weren't shitty enough...

:crack: There's gonna be a 50 shades movie??? As if the books weren't shitty enough...

Yeah that's what I said about Twilight. I guess publishing shitty Twilight fanfic justifies the need for movies as well. *shrug*

FYI: 50 Shades is basically an AU fanfic about Edward and Bella with names changed to avoid copyright infringement.

Same thing for the Mortal Instruments series as well: those were originally known as fanfic "The Draco Trilogy" by Cassandra Claire and she changed her name, tweaked her story a bit, and got it published as the Mortal Instruments series.

...the more you know. :up:

the idea of a 50 Shades movie makes me want to cry. :sad:

Yeah that's what I said about Twilight. I guess publishing shitty Twilight fanfic justifies the need for movies as well. *shrug*

FYI: 50 Shades is basically an AU fanfic about Edward and Bella with names changed to avoid copyright infringement.

Same thing for the Mortal Instruments series as well: those were originally known as fanfic "The Draco Trilogy" by Cassandra Claire and she changed her name, tweaked her story a bit, and got it published as the Mortal Instruments series.

Yea, but the Mortal Instruments are actually kinda good.... at least to me. :reject:

Yes, you should. It's a stream at a few select theaters but I live in the sticks and there are three within an hour of me, so chances are you can find one. The site has a venue finder. Frankenstein - National Theatre Live

Seriously excited about it. Plus, Kenneth Branaugh as Macbeth coming up in the same series.... :drool:

I wanna see Macbeth so bad...

I'm sad to admit that I do know what it was about. But I'm proud to admit I never read any of that shite, nor Twilight nor 50 Shades. The only true vampire kind I am willing to acknowledge are either the old skool dracula Bram Stoker kinda vampires, or Buffy. No fluffy sparkly morons! :tsk:

Is there a showing near you? If you try the National Theater Live website you may be able to find one. I have to say I've seen the posters and oh my, Sir Kenneth has not looked this good in a very long time. And Lady Macbeth has Emma Thompson hair! :love:

I'm sad to admit that I do know what it was about. But I'm proud to admit I never read any of that shite, nor Twilight nor 50 Shades. The only true vampire kind I am willing to acknowledge are either the old skool dracula Bram Stoker kinda vampires, or Buffy. No fluffy sparkly morons! :tsk:
I once saw a t-shirt that said "Then Buffy slayed Edward. The End."

To this day I regret not buying it. :lol:

Is there a showing near you? If you try the National Theater Live website you may be able to find one. I have to say I've seen the posters and oh my, Sir Kenneth has not looked this good in a very long time. And Lady Macbeth has Emma Thompson hair! :love:

Oh, he looks so very :drool: in the poster.

Yes, it's playing down at the University of Utah, but the problem isn't if it's near me. It's getting someone to take me. :sigh:

ETA: Also, it's one of the scheduled weekends my brother has with his son, and since my brother works on Saturdays (sometimes until 3 AM!), I have to watch him.

I would like to add Anne Rice's early work to the very short list of acceptable bloodsucker lit.
THIS. I :heart: Lestat.

Just had a look at The Ken's poster for "MacBeth" and :drool:

Also, Alex Kingston as Lady McB? Could this casting be any better?!?

Playing here at the end of October. Putting in my babysitting request with the hubs tonight, oh yes I is.

the idea of a 50 Shades movie makes me want to cry. :sad:
Yea, but the Mortal Instruments are actually kinda good.... at least to me. :reject:

That's because the MI series is based off a Harry Potter fanfic she wrote. And plagiarized most of. Google "The Draco Trilogy by Cassandra Claire" and you'd be amazed at how much she ripped off. Entire scenes of stuff from Buffy, LOTR, HP, etc etc etc. And then she basically re-worded some of it and changed names/supernatural powers to create the MI series. It's crazy.

...and I would have totally bought that tshirt. OMG awesome.

I would like to add Anne Rice's early work to the very short list of acceptable bloodsucker lit.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :heart:

shifty:

wave:

Hi all...remember me??? hyper: Thought I'd better stop being slack and stick my head back in to say hi to my girls!!!! Hope you're all good...no, wait, good's boring...Hope you're all FINE!

xxx

:ohmy::heart:

who could foreget our Bionic Kiwi !!!!

:hug::hug:

I've had to be away from compouter acess since last sat :angry::angry:
But at LEAST I got closer to accomplishoing what I needed to do.

BIG :wave::heart::wave: to all as I play catch up

oh and now that I saw the rest of that photo BNOEW I get GG's joke! :wink:

RIP RavenBlue. My thoughts and good wishes to her family/friends.

My brother is the best person in the world to me right now. Why? Because he gave me his old external hd. IT HAS TWO BABY PICTURES OF JAMIE. :cute:

epn4.jpg

o9vm.jpg

The reason this is important to me? I adopted Jamie from bro's ex-wife when he was 9 months old, and he was at least twice this size.

:reject:Sorry for the gushing. I still really miss him.:reject:

That's ok Tara...Jamie was such a :cute: cat :hug:

Back on Shakespeare for a moment, word is around that Benedict is in advanced discussions to play Hamlet on stage. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Back
Top Bottom