PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shifty: Making something right now for CK to take to her bunk. :wink:

Gimme gimme! *grabby hands*

I was out shopping with my mom for over 3 GLORIOUS hours. Didn't buy much but oh was it wonderful to have time out and to ourselves with no kids and no husbands! Makes me wish my sister didn't live an hour away so she and I could do this as well.

And I can't wait to see the GIF...the others are cute in that adorable way. I do hope this means you're on the road to recovery, Ms Comet. :hug:

Catching up late here. So the Troo Phans are making fun of a bunch of girls on PLEBA? If obsessing over Bono's hair provides me a respite from my hectic life of Babydom, moving and bills so fucking be it!

And fanfiction gets me through late night feedings.

Us PLEBAns have those "true fans" beat any day. We're the ones in here during the slumps (some more than others, I know I'm guilty of leaving for long spaces), we're the ones who are happy for a GLIMPSE of the lads, etc etc. I've said countless times, I don't much care WHAT Adam does, so long as I can stand there and look at him. Not everyone will understand that. That love, that bond. And I'm okay with it.

As for late night feedings? I remember it all too well. I would rock Lil'CK for hours on end to songs like NYD and WOWY. And Lil'Miss FroBaby would always settle down when I'd sing her AIWIY. My kids are such U2 fans. :p

It's just a nioce little Bono Adam moment I liked during an Even Better Than the Real thing performance on 360. :love:

Bono-Adam-360-EBTTRT-comet.gif~original

Yeah major back surgery is just a walk in the park, ya know? :wink:

Glad you like the gif. I love the way they all watch each other when they are performing. They never look bored up there, there's always that connection. :up: :love:

Yeah major back surgery is just a walk in the park, ya know? :wink:

Glad you like the gif. I love the way they all watch each other when they are performing. They never look bored up there, there's always that connection. :up: :love:

:hug: At least I know I'm not on my own in this, y'know?

And those looks, the way they all still react to each other after all this time...that is what makes me love each and every one of them. I may be Adam's girl wholeheartedly, but I've always had a soft spot for Larry, and Bono is a seductive bastard when he wants to be. And of course, Edge sneaks up and gets your attention when you least expect it. :lol:

Speaking of... time to bring out 2 of my favorites, I can't remember if we ever figured out the story on this or not. But it's definitely some really close moment between them. It looks like Bono was struggling with something, and Adam went to make sure he was ok. Love how they are always there for each other. :heart:

going to get them...

Just opened a bottle of really interesting wine I got at Costco for $6.99. Its a bubbly mango moscato. It's like sparkly alcoholic fruit juice! :weekend:

:wave:

Just opened a bottle of really interesting wine I got at Costco for $6.99. Its a bubbly mango moscato. It's like sparkly alcoholic fruit juice! :weekend:

:wave:

I don't like mango, but the rest of that sounds fabulous! :drool:

There's a berry farm that's just a few minutes walk away from my house (I live in the sticks), and they opened up a winery a few months ago. I've been to the berry parts of their farm many times so far this summer, but I've yet to sample their wines. I need to go and visit one of these evenings. Now that I'm unemployed, I have all the time in the world, although not so much with the money... LOL.

Oooh that sounds like it could be dangerous. :sexywink:

It's pretty good. :ohmy: And yes, dangerously inexpensive! :lol:

I don't like mango, but the rest of that sounds fabulous! :drool:

There's a berry farm that's just a few minutes walk away from my house (I live in the sticks), and they opened up a winery a few months ago. I've been to the berry parts of their farm many times so far this summer, but I've yet to sample their wines. I need to go and visit one of these evenings. Now that I'm unemployed, I have all the time in the world, although not so much with the money... LOL.

I'm not the biggest mango fan either (I'm actually allergic to it if the fruit touches my skin!) But luckily it isn't a strong flavor here. :hmm: Has almost more an apricot taste. But if you hate mango, then yeah you might not like it.

That berry place sounds awesome!

I'm not the biggest mango fan either (I'm actually allergic to it if the fruit touches my skin!) But luckily it isn't a strong flavor here. :hmm: Has almost more an apricot taste. But if you hate mango, then yeah you might not like it.

That berry place sounds awesome!

I'm REALLY picky about fruit. There's actually very little fruit that I actually like - most of it I detest with a passion. :lol:

It's such a fabulous place! They have u-pick fields for strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, and of course they sell cartons/boxes/crates/whatever of berries that they've picked if you're too lazy to do it yourself. They sell all sorts of fabulous treats and stuff, so I love going there. I'm going to a really fabulous food and wine event at the beginning of September that will be held there, which I'm so excited about. I go to this festival every year, but last year I had to be the DD, so I could barely drink. :angry: This year I'll be able to booze it up to my hearts content, since there's no need to drive. Hee hee. :)

I'm such a fruit fiend. LOL. And one of my favorite wines runs about $10 a bottle and is a strawberry-flavored one. Wild Vines. :drool:
Must remember to pick some up next time we've got the cash to spare.

My mom is having an informal wine tasting/picnic for the family next weekend; she and my stepdad just took a week's vaca at the Finger Lakes in NY, and one of their favorite spots was Belhurst Castle. She brought back 4 bottles of wine for the picnic, and a couple for them to have at their leisure. :drool::drool::drool:

I'm REALLY picky about fruit. There's actually very little fruit that I actually like - most of it I detest with a passion. :lol:

It's such a fabulous place! They have u-pick fields for strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, and of course they sell cartons/boxes/crates/whatever of berries that they've picked if you're too lazy to do it yourself. They sell all sorts of fabulous treats and stuff, so I love going there. I'm going to a really fabulous food and wine event at the beginning of September that will be held there, which I'm so excited about. I go to this festival every year, but last year I had to be the DD, so I could barely drink. :angry: This year I'll be able to booze it up to my hearts content, since there's no need to drive. Hee hee. :)

:lol: Yay! It sounds fabulous. You do have a lot of good berries up there in your neck of the woods. I take it berries are a fruit you do like? We had a huge blackberry bush/vine... whatever it is, it goes everywhere! in our backyard but we never picked them as fast as we should and so many would go to waste. My husband finally cut it down because he thought we didn't want it. :angry: Luckily it's all growing back, so this time I promise to go pick them when they're ready! :D

:lol: Yay! It sounds fabulous. You do have a lot of good berries up there in your neck of the woods. I take it berries are a fruit you do like? We had a huge blackberry bush/vine... whatever it is, it goes everywhere! in our backyard but we never picked them as fast as we should and so many would go to waste. My husband finally cut it down because he thought we didn't want it. :angry: Luckily it's all growing back, so this time I promise to go pick them when they're ready! :D

Yes, I love berries! In the last few years I've grown to like strawberries and blueberries, although in moderation (give me raspberries and blackberries ANY day!). I'm definitely more of a savoury person, so I prefer veggies. Or salty junk food. LOL.

I grew up with blackberries growing like weeds in our backyard too. I picked about a bazillion of them when I was visiting my family recently, although I didn't take any of them home with me.

Mmm... did someone say wine?! :drool: I'm definitely a wine-whore. Haha.

Yes, I love berries! In the last few years I've grown to like strawberries and blueberries, although in moderation (give me raspberries and blackberries ANY day!). I'm definitely more of a savoury person, so I prefer veggies. Or salty junk food. LOL.

I grew up with blackberries growing like weeds in our backyard too. I picked about a bazillion of them when I was visiting my family recently, although I didn't take any of them home with me.

Mmm... did someone say wine?! :drool: I'm definitely a wine-whore. Haha.

I was never real big on blueberries, but I've recently developed a new appreciation of them. I like the tarter berries too... do you have boysenberries? OMG those are my favorite. When i was a kid we would drive up to Knott's Berry Farm, and I do mean it was a berry farm in those days... it was NOT the amusement park it turned into!!! The only rides were a old western train ride that actually got robbed by actors with a wild west shootout :love: It was a real train too that ran through the park, not a "ride". And some neat old time cars that kids could actually drive that weren't on a track or anything so it was awesome. ANYWAY I digress. :lol: In those days it really was a berry farm where you bought pies and jams and went to the restaurant that made the best homemade fried chicken and boysenberry pies. :drool::drool::drool: We always took home an extra pie. It's still my favorite berry ever, very tart.

And I just made my self really homesick for the olden days. :sad:

:lol:

I was never real big on blueberries, but I've recently developed a new appreciation of them. I like the tarter berries too... do you have boysenberries? OMG those are my favorite. When i was a kid we would drive up to Knott's Berry Farm, and I do mean it was a berry farm in those days... it was NOT the amusement park it turned into!!! The only rides were a old western train ride that actually got robbed by actors with a wild west shootout :love: It was a real train too that ran through the park, not a "ride". And some neat old time cars that kids could actually drive that weren't on a track or anything so it was awesome. ANYWAY I digress. :lol: In those days it really was a berry farm where you bought pies and jams and went to the restaurant that made the best homemade fried chicken and boysenberry pies. :drool::drool::drool: We always took home an extra pie. It's still my favorite berry ever, very tart.

And I just made my self really homesick for the olden days. :sad:

:lol:

Yeah, we have boysenberries. I've had them a few times. I'm not super fond of them, but they're not terrible. *glowing endorsement*

Aww, I LOVED going to Knotts Berry Farm when I was a kid! We'd come down to California every year for our spring break, and we'd often go there. It obviously wasn't as old timey back then, but it's probably been almost 20 years since I was last there. They had some good rides, and I remember these really great lollipops that were about as big as my face. :lol: Nostalgia, ftw!

Yeah, we have boysenberries. I've had them a few times. I'm not super fond of them, but they're not terrible. *glowing endorsement*

Aww, I LOVED going to Knotts Berry Farm when I was a kid! We'd come down to California every year for our spring break, and we'd often go there. It obviously wasn't as old timey back then, but it's probably been almost 20 years since I was last there. They had some good rides, and I remember these really great lollipops that were about as big as my face. :lol: Nostalgia, ftw!

I'm sure it was still cool when you went, we liked it as we grew up too, but it did slowly turn more and more into a Disneyland competitor, instead of a quaint little old west park/berry farm. Oh they had panning for gold at a river too! :D When it was REALLY quaint would have been I guess like in the 60's when I was a little kid.
I haven't been back in years either, maybe like 30 years or more. :ohmy: I wonder if there's anything left of the berry farm aspect. :hmm: I suppose I will go some day just to check it out.

I'm sure it was still cool when you went, we liked it as we grew up too, but it did slowly turn more and more into a Disneyland competitor, instead of a quaint little old west park/berry farm. Oh they had panning for gold at a river too! :D When it was REALLY quaint would have been I guess like in the 60's when I was a little kid.
I haven't been back in years either, maybe like 30 years or more. :ohmy: I wonder if there's anything left of the berry farm aspect. :hmm: I suppose I will go some day just to check it out.

It was definitely comparable to Disneyland, and if I'm remembering correctly, I liked KBF more, because it had scarier roller coasters and better rides. :lol:

It would be great to go back to both places again someday, though. It's been SO long since I've been to CA. We had a layover in San Francisco a few years ago on our way back home from Hawaii, so we rented a car and drove out to Fisherman's Wharf, but I don't really count that, as it was just for a couple of hours.

Back
Top Bottom