PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody know about the workings of Youtube finding liscenced videos? There are clips of Rattle and Hum all OVER the place there, and yet they found my cut from the popmart dvd in just one day. Do they track them by title? Would the dvd rip have a marker in in that would flag their attention? Would it be less visible if it was take from a torrent instead of a dvd?

I just really think the world deserves Edge in white pants in a better picture quality than there is right now, and I really want to post the cut of Staring at the Sun from that video too.

Happy birthday, Gg! And I do promise that that particular gif is mine- I sweated tears of blood and made like ten different versions of it, trying to get it just right because the tool I was using was not precise about choosing frames. Grrr while doing it, but then when I actually got it right, what a rush of success.

I really don't know anything about the way they find the videos. Sometimes it seems really hit and miss, and I used to get so annoyed over the same thing. Like my account getting banned over a couple videos when there are obviously thousands of accounts and videos all over there doing the same thing. :grumpy:

That's why I rarely pay attention to my account anymore even though they reinstated it. I know there is already another strike or 2 against it, so if it gets banned again whatever. :|

One thing that made me realize the whole hit and miss thing is the way you can have a series, or even just a 2 part video, and one part gets flagged or pulled and not the other. That was common on my 2-parters. And I had one series that had like 6 parts, the MTV video diary of Bono and Chris Tucker's trip to Africa in 2000, and they pulled all the even numbers of the series and left the odds. :huh: Ok.

Anyway, here is one thing that I found, though I'm not sure if it will help you:

Years ago when we were all waiting around one night in the thread that was anticipating NLOTH to leak at any moment, we got talking about the POP performance of Please at the MTV awards. I had the video and the 3 rehearsals for it but it was no where on You Tube so i offered to put it up for everyone while we waited. I tried SO MANY times to upload it, but no matter what I did it wouldn't load. I'd get the instant message that the content was copyright or something and not allowed. I did a bunch of tries to disguise it but still have a title people could find it by. Nothing worked, they denied it every time. Finally I went in to the details of the file and renamed it Kitty Cats. I also uploaded it with the title Kitty Cats, and you know how you can choose which subject category your video belongs in? Yes I chose Animal Videos. :wink:

It worked and that video stayed up like that for a very long time. Plenty of U2 fans found it and watched it too. :lol: I think I eventually changed the title and I don't remember what ever happened after that. My account was later banned and all that over different vids.

I ought to go see if the Please vids are still there. :hmm:

Things have also changed since Google took over You Tube too...

I know that probably didn't help you at all. :reject:

Even though it looks like you are probably off celebrating today, here are a few little bday treats for you Gg.

Slainte.
bono-drink-shadows-big-comet.gif~original

bonosmokinhot.gif~original

Dallas-Bono-spank-1-comet.gif~original

bonolapiwf.gif~original

bonomunch1galeongirl.gif~original

"Here kitty kitty" :shifty:
bonoleash2Gg.gif~original

flyshadesoffcomet.gif~original

usfestbonostrippingGg.gif~original

bonofunnyrubbiteplathegreat85.gif~original

bonozoosmileGg.gif~original

And of course
disco-bono-hips-comet.gif~original

Hope you have/had a great birthday!

No, that was fascinating. How many chances do they give you before banning your account? I'm going to try to google around a bit too to see in there's anything out there that people have figured out. Luckily there's always another troublemaker out there that has tried the same thing already. What I really want to do is have a Bono and Edge love youtube channel, maybe as a group so I'm not the only curator. Wouldn't it be super to have them all in one place so they couldn't disappear? Also I suppose I need to figure out the ethics of posting from torrents, fan vids and stuff that other people have put up... it's just an idea at this point.

And where. the hell. did these lovely things come from?

For You Tube you get 3 strikes and you're out. They ban you with no warning. I only had 1 strike when I was banned, but the 2nd and 3rd came at the same time, and my account was deleted without me even knowing. They counted one video as 2 strikes! because it was like a copyright strike and an infringement strike, or something like that. Not everything counts as a strike though. Sometimes you just get a warning or other things that aren't actually strikes. It's all too confusing for me. There is a place on your account though that you can go look at all your strikes, warnings, etc and see what they are.

The gifs, let me look around. I know the tiny Pop one of Bono is just from the If God Will Send His Angels video :)drool:)

The smoking one is from a music video that I am drawing a total blank on. One of those for charity songs with a bunch of stars contributing.

The drink one is from an Edun video i think. :hmm:

I will do some looking...

Wow I don't see IGWSHA on YT at all. Can you watch it on U2.com? Or do you have the actual video on DVD?

Just popping in to say hi. :wave: Hope you're all doing well. Yay for your mom's good news, Tara! :)

Dazzled, I received your email, thanks - that email address it still my main one. Sorry I haven't had the chance to reply yet, the past few months have been absolutely insane, work-wise. Just starting to calm down now. And I'm currently caught up in all sorts of car buying drama, because nothing can ever be simple for me. :rolleyes: But I hope you're well!

VP! :hug::hug:

Sorry to hear about manic worktime! :( But glad it's calming down some :yes:

:( Oh no more car troubles :(

good luck!
Oh Please I HEAR you!
I've got pending things becuase other annoying stuff keeps getting in the way Le :sigh:

though i bit of time has sometimes opened up :hyper:

all the best till we connect again!

Jeevey I will have to look for the Edun video on my old laptop where I made that gif. And the IGWSHA I probably have saved somewhere if you haven't got it I can always send you a download. Just let me know!

A
I just really think the world deserves Edge in white pants in a better picture quality than there is right now, and I really want to post the cut of Staring at the Sun from that video too.

yes the world deserves it!! :sexywink:

Yes, another Beautiful Day in the world of PLEBA. :drool: Awesome gifs Comet! I remember that SNL show. That women certainly has a story to tell! :sexywink: Also, thanks for posting the Save the Children video. That is one I haven't seen before.

Happy Birthday, Gg! Hope you enjoyed your day!

Ye gods, the YouTube debate again. I remember getting pissy when they yanked a bunch of my vids that were nothing more than cropped segments of videos ALREADY ON YOUTUBE. For example, a vid I had on In God's Country from R&H got pulled but the much longer part of R&H that I had ganked it from never got touched. :huh::doh:

Comet, I'd love the IGWSHA video. Send it, do!

Dazz, I had never seen one of any of those either. The B&W nose rubbing one is like my favorite thing ever. You have no idea how I felt sitting there when it finally worked!
And the one of Bono on the catwalk is from from this. Cath on stage at U2 concert 20Nov93 - YouTube I have no idea why I was watching it initially but I saw that smile and knew it needed to be a gif. This is the tool I've been using, btw. It takes vids directly from youtube to be cut for gifs without downloading, needing a special animator and uploading, or needing an account like with gifsoup, so the lack of precision is forgivable imo. YouTube to GIF Generator

Yes, another Beautiful Day in the world of PLEBA. :drool: Awesome gifs Comet! I remember that SNL show. That women certainly has a story to tell! :sexywink: Also, thanks for posting the Save the Children video. That is one I haven't seen before.

Happy Birthday, Gg! Hope you enjoyed your day!

You're welcome. :) It had been so long since I actually watched that video that I'd forgotten it was actually a full on all Bono video! :ohmy: I was thinking it was like with a bunch of artists but I think I was mixing it up with the Perfect Day video. (Which is a lot less Bono, but still a very good one. :love:)

Comet, I'd love the IGWSHA video. Send it, do!

Dazz, I had never seen one of any of those either. The B&W nose rubbing one is like my favorite thing ever. You have no idea how I felt sitting there when it finally worked!
And the one of Bono on the catwalk is from from this. Cath on stage at U2 concert 20Nov93 - YouTube I have no idea why I was watching it initially but I saw that smile and knew it needed to be a gif. This is the tool I've been using, btw. It takes vids directly from youtube to be cut for gifs without downloading, needing a special animator and uploading, or needing an account like with gifsoup, so the lack of precision is forgivable imo. YouTube to GIF Generator

That's a pretty nifty tool! I never liked the other one that had their logo on the gif, who wants that?! Great find! :up:

Oh, I tried a few before I found that one, believe me. Sheesh, the places love (ahem, obsession, cough cough) will take you. Since it's so neat and easy that means other people will also probably make some soon, right? :D

Anybody know about the workings of Youtube finding liscenced videos? There are clips of Rattle and Hum all OVER the place there, and yet they found my cut from the popmart dvd in just one day. Do they track them by title? Would the dvd rip have a marker in in that would flag their attention? Would it be less visible if it was take from a torrent instead of a dvd?

There´s just a bot that crawls youtube content and looks for similarities in md5 checksum or something like that or sound recognision like shazam or what it was called. So alot of files can be up for longer than others unless alot people manually report so they get deleted faster.

10 past midnight here so it's Edge's birthday!!!! Happy birthday to a great artist with a very beautiful soul!!
:heart:

By the way, I had to LOL at my phone today. Let me upload a pic. I think only the pervs around this place will understand. :wink: BRB...:shifty:

So this is my phone's homescreen. The little window for Interference shows I guess a bit of the last page you viewed, which would be my subscribed threads here.

So I glanced at it today and saw this:

iphonescreenew.png~original

ew Cock
ha Happi

See? :reject: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom