PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2! - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #781
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Local Time: 07:49 AM
It happens to the best of us. I remember one time where I caught myself singing this really catchy song only to realize it was a Bieber song. (The auto-tune plus not seeing his ugly mug is what fooled me).

Old 10-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #782
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonsKitten View Post
Yeah that smiley is about one of the most appropriate ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chork View Post
Confession: After years of espousing my loathing of Arcade Fire, I really like the first single off the new album.

Damn me.
I have no idea in hell who Arcade Fire is.

Quote:
It happens to the best of us. I remember one time where I caught myself singing this really catchy song only to realize it was a Bieber song. (The auto-tune plus not seeing his ugly mug is what fooled me).
Bieber? Really?

Ok, same thing happened to me. Only it wasn't Bieber. And I refuse to name the artist.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #783
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraCynara View Post
Bieber? Really?
Yeah, there was a phase where Lil' CK was really into that VH1 Top 20 countdown. He'd watch it in his room and keep track of it or something. I heard a Bieber song one time and as I didn't see the television, or who it was, ended up thinking it was really catchy. Then I found out who it was and was like OMG NO. Hasn't happened since.

However, I am a proud Directioner and love all of their songs.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #784
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:49 AM
If it was One Direction, don't hide. They have catchy songs. And they're just cute, sweet kids.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #785
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh HA! I was replying to Tara, but,
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #786
Blue Crack Supplier

Just wanted to pop in and share some good news - I got a job!! I've been unemployed for just 80 days this time around, which is a hell of a lot shorter than my unemployment in 2011/12. I'll most likely start working at the end of the week, or early next week, depending on when I'm able to get the pre-working requirements fulfilled. I'm thrilled. This is a great opportunity and a good challenge. Plus, it's a permanent full time job with full benefits (I'm DESPERATELY in need of an optometrist and a dentist) after I complete the probationary period. Huzzah!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #787
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Yeah, there was a phase where Lil' CK was really into that VH1 Top 20 countdown. He'd watch it in his room and keep track of it or something. I heard a Bieber song one time and as I didn't see the television, or who it was, ended up thinking it was really catchy. Then I found out who it was and was like OMG NO. Hasn't happened since.

However, I am a proud Directioner and love all of their songs.
Hey, I don't judge when it comes to boybands. Though I can't help but make fun of Bieber....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
If it was One Direction, don't hide. They have catchy songs. And they're just cute, sweet kids.
No, it wasn't them.

It was Ke$ha. And I now really like some of her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
Just wanted to pop in and share some good news - I got a job!! I've been unemployed for just 80 days this time around, which is a hell of a lot shorter than my unemployment in 2011/12. I'll most likely start working at the end of the week, or early next week, depending on when I'm able to get the pre-working requirements fulfilled. I'm thrilled. This is a great opportunity and a good challenge. Plus, it's a permanent full time job with full benefits (I'm DESPERATELY in need of an optometrist and a dentist) after I complete the probationary period. Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:07 AM   #788
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Sons of Anarchy-related post (apologies to those who don't care)

All I have to say is: have I mention how much I love Chibs? Because I do. I really, really, really do. He is just awesome-sauce.

*runs away*
Old 10-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #789
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thora View Post
So happy for you Thora!! Sounds great.

Quote:
Hey, I don't judge when it comes to boybands. Though I can't help but make fun of Bieber....

No, it wasn't them.

It was Ke$ha. And I now really like some of her music

Huzzah!
I have no problem with Ke$ha. Tik Tok is always on my road trip playlist.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #790
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Sons of Anarchy-related post (apologies to those who don't care)

All I have to say is: have I mention how much I love Chibs? Because I do. I really, really, really do. He is just awesome-sauce.

*runs away*
Oh no he's awesome.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #791
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I have no problem with Ke$ha. Tik Tok is always on my road trip playlist.
Your Love Is My Drug is my favorite.

Quote:
Oh no he's awesome.
From season 1 'til now, I think he even trumps Tig for me.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #792
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Oh I'd describe them as a bit more than cute and sweet.

They're amazingly good looking, they're all of age (YAY), and hellooooooo accents! I'm a Zayn girl for sure but I have a certain soft spot for the others as well. UNF.

Oh, and Tara....

I used to like her music about 3 years ago. That phase didn't last long though, because I realized it was mostly autotuned and it all sounded alike.

And yes, I always make fun of the Bieber. Especially that one time he walked SMACK into a revolving glass door. Most beautiful "kerthunk" sound in the world....
Old 10-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #793
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

They're amazingly good looking, they're all of age (YAY), and hellooooooo accents! I'm a Zayn girl for sure but I have a certain soft spot for the others as well. UNF.

Oh, and Tara....

I used to like her music about 3 years ago. That phase didn't last long though, because I realized it was mostly autotuned and it all sounded alike.

And yes, I always make fun of the Bieber. Especially that one time he walked SMACK into a revolving glass door. Most beautiful "kerthunk" sound in the world....
I only know 2 Ke$ha songs and yes they do sound alike. But Tic Toc is catchy enough for me to give her a pass. If I have even one song by someone on my ipod I can't be a hypocrite.

And I can see your adoration of 1D for sure. I just don't see them that way, but I do see the appeal. And I think they're cute.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #794
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Oh, and Tara....

I've never listened to One Direction, but I don't begrudge the people who do. I myself like Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Take That, and 5ive.

I do so love those British boys. Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams make me go . Not so much the 5ive boys, but I do love their music anyway....

I think that's what I like about Ke$ha. I don't have to think when I listen to her music. I don't have to have my appreciation radar going. I can just listen and not pay attention.

Oh, Bieber into the door was the most beautiful sound. And it was freaking hilarious. I still laugh about it.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #795
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
And I can see your adoration of 1D for sure. I just don't see them that way, but I do see the appeal. And I think they're cute.
I luff them.

Quote:
I've never listened to One Direction, but I don't begrudge the people who do. I myself like Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Take That, and 5ive.
I've been a proud Backstreet Girl since 1998. AJ was my first love. And Lil' CK's middle name is actually in honor of AJ.

We named him Clinton Alexander, Clinton for Pres. Clinton, and Alexander for AJ. He's seen the former Pres. speak, and I met AJ at a fan conference when Lil CK was still a baby, so in a way we've gotten close to both namesakes LOL.

Quote:
Oh, Bieber into the door was the most beautiful sound. And it was freaking hilarious. I still laugh about it.
As do I. As do I.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #796
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Did everyone get the 'something exciting coming tomorrow' email from U2.com?
I'm shocked my Facebook didn't implode.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #797
Blue Crack Distributor

It's probably just a "fool me once" kind of thing. I don't think anyone expects anything all that earth-shattering from U2.com anymore.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #798
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Old 10-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #799
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Don't we (the fans) usually know stuff about the band before the band themselves?

Or is that too stalker-ish to say?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #800
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 01:49 PM
It just pisses me off that once again it's aimed at their US fans. For an Irish band their US based website is pretty shitty for their own fans, as that announcement is around midnight here. Way to work with the timezones U2!

But yeah, I don't expect much. Either they announce a new subscriber gift, which always happens around this time, or they announce that this year won't have one. Which is the case in years that are followed by a tour, ie subscription presale codes. As they are touring this summer, I expect the latter.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...

Tags
adam, beasts, bono, edge, larry, sexy, u2