PGP:Ha-ha-Happiness is More U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:reject:I'll volunteer for the Larry position if it's still open! A new thread every week sounds like an amazing idea. And pleaba might come alive a bit more...

You can have Larry since you were first to volunteer. ;)

And actually I was only saying we used to do the new thread every week, but that concept died. I think it just got to be tedious after awhile once a lot of people taking part left and it was a lot of the same people trying to keep it going every week. The difference here is that we wouldn't start new threads every week. Just ongoing ones like this one, that can stay open until they fill up to 1000 posts.

And actually I was only saying we used to do the new thread every week, but that concept died. I think it just got to be tedious after awhile once a lot of people taking part left and it was a lot of the same people trying to keep it going every week. The difference here is that we wouldn't start new threads every week. Just ongoing ones like this one, that can stay open until they fill up to 1000 posts.

Okay, no matter what it still sounds like a lot of fun.

And Jeevey we can start them whenever you want. Just let us know. I do hope we don't have to wait too long though. Especially if something happens and the album takes longer than we hoped. We might start the threads just to keep us occupied!

Comet, Jeevey and Desty, I think this is a great idea you've worked out. I'm looking forward to it!

Let's give it a month, if that's not too long. We should probably know with the record by mid september. Say, the 15th or so? We can plot good starting posts just in case there is no record in the pipeline. Is a month too long?

bonocomet said:
:hmm: Maybe we could have 4 different thread starters to kick it off too. Like someone different to start one for each guy who is their fave :heart:.

I raise my hand to volunteer for the Bono thread. :shifty:

Jeevey you have Edge in the bag, and I think CK should have Adam covered. :hmm:

We'd need a volunteer for Larry. :hmm:

Awwwww I can has Adam? I'm touched, you guys!!! *blushes*

Let's give it a month, if that's not too long. We should probably know with the record by mid september. Say, the 15th or so? We can plot good starting posts just in case there is no record in the pipeline. Is a month too long?

Sounds good! :D

Funny thing is, this really is exactly what went on here in Pleba for years, but a new thread was started each week. (Bono had Leather Day, Edge had Freestyling Friday. Larry was Moob Day, and Adam had ROTFLIDEKWTF day... or something like that. :shifty::wink: Sadly that concept and those threads have died. They dwindled even over the last tour til they are just extinct now. But I think the idea of one ongoing thread that doesn't have to keep starting over every week is the ticket here.

RSOC was Adam's :wink:

And what did that stand for? I couldn't figure it out.

And CK, I got such a kick out of you saying in another thread that Adam shirtless was your very first vivid U2 memory and you were like four! I was about ten or eleven when I saw it and those were some very impressionable moments. It's especially funny watching it now to see that yes, not only is Adam always shirtless or nearly so, but his nipples are popped all the time.

Royal Society of Claytonlovers is what I recall, though there was a different one where the S was Sparky, which was his general nickname here around the early days.

jeevey said:
And what did that stand for? I couldn't figure it out.

And CK, I got such a kick out of you saying in another thread that Adam shirtless was your very first vivid U2 memory and you were like four! I was about ten or eleven when I saw it and those were some very impressionable moments. It's especially funny watching it now to see that yes, not only is Adam always shirtless or nearly so, but his nipples are popped all the time.

I remember the sunglasses leaving an impression. And I was 4 so any guy without a shirt was "weird" (cept my daddy of course). Little did I know I'd be such a hardcore Clayton girl.

And sheesh I forgot completely about RSOC. Me thinks it needs an updated name.

Edit: and I dreamt about him again. A hardcore one where he couldn't keep his hands off me, we drove around in a car, and he kept having me call Bono's phone so his hands could do other stuff. *shifty*

I remember those days. One, without a tour or album there is nothing to talk about. Nothing more than 'I wonder what it will sound like' and 'will they still make videos'. I wonder if the video format is dead since no one shows them anymore.
Two, its been 2-3 years. People move on. They listen to new music from other artists. And if they LOVE U2, they fill that void with family, obligations.

I remember those days. One, without a tour or album there is nothing to talk about. Nothing more than 'I wonder what it will sound like' and 'will they still make videos'. I wonder if the video format is dead since no one shows them anymore.
Two, its been 2-3 years. People move on. They listen to new music from other artists. And if they LOVE U2, they fill that void with family, obligations.

Vh1 still shows videos AND a weekly top 20 countdown. That's about it in the US, maybe it's different elsewhere? :huh:

...if anyone needs me, I'll be in my bunk with Adam for awhile. EYKIW is getting ridiculous. So I'm just going to hide here and let Ad' make everything okay again.

lol, I'm just enjoying the trolling and bullshit around there. If only I had some popcorn, that'd make it perfect entertainment. :D

:yes:

waiting the right time to post this in there

OsN6R5D.png

:wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Thanks, JJ. You're just what I needed. :hug:

And yeah, GG, I agree. I need to just snuggle in my bunk with Adam, make popcorn, and let those wankers fight amongst themselves. I just can't help getting so damned defensive when it comes to him, though. :reject:

Especially when he's got his hooks in me like this. He's in me so deep that I don't much care if he EVER finds his way out. And yes I made it sound like that on purpose. :shifty:

Wow in all the years I've been on this forum, I think what went on in EYKIW last night is the worst I've ever seen. :|:|

Jeevey maybe we should get those new threads up sooner :wink: A few more nicer more civilized places to go around here wouldn't be too bad right now.

Wow in all the years I've been on this forum, I think what went on in EYKIW last night is the worst I've ever seen. :|:|

Jeevey maybe we should get those new threads up sooner :wink: A few more nicer more civilized places to go around here wouldn't be too bad right now.

Right behind ya on that one, Comet. I think having band member threads to escape to is a lovely and much-needed idea. :heart:

Okay, lets go for it. Where should we start?

I think I'm going to start with one of those hohmygod photos of Edge from Julian Lennon and outline the purpose of the thread. For me this thread could work for discussions of minutia probably not interesting/big enough to deserve their own thread, ie is there a full recording of that interview about the owl pellets that's at the end of the AB documentary any where? as well as general life discussion, music and so on. So... I'm going hunting for the Lennon photo now. Operation Inject Positivity Into Interference, all systems go.

Edge chat is up and running too.

Could we also get a 360 band love thread? Naturally I won't have as much to contribute as some of the old pros, but I sure will be appreciative. I can't tell if 360 was lower on the Bono/Edge love or if I just haven't seen it yet, and of course I wouldn't want to lock out the others, too. Cuddles for everybody.

360 was basically one big GSF. :shifty:
What with Bono kissing at least ONE member a night, the infamous "arse smacking" that took place on a regular basis...then those shows in the rain. :drool::drool::drool::drool:

I mean, um....um....*cough*

And I used to have SO much 360 stuff but then I ended up deleting a bunch of the pics accidentally. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom