PGP:Going back in time to scratch at Pop Bono's door!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have so many favourite shows from the bootlegs I've seen. i really believe that the official dvds we have aren't even close to the best. I think maybe when they're aware they're filming for a dvd, he becomes self conscious and goes into performer mode?

This Miami one is a gem, that's for sure. :heart:

It's Elevation Miami, the final show of the tour.

Oh, okay. For some reason I thought you were watching a Pop show. :reject:

I really need to find more videos of other shows. :yes: I've mainly just seen the DVD releases, and YouTube clips. Unfortunately this computer I have at home has been on the fritz for way too long, and is constantly borking on me. :angry: It just took me about 10 minutes to get it back up and running again. Once I get it fixed, then I'll definitely be downloading a ton of torrents.

Holy shit - I forgot how sexy this version of LIB is. Damn. :combust:

Oh, okay. For some reason I thought you were watching a Pop show. :reject:

I really need to find more videos of other shows. :yes: I've mainly just seen the DVD releases, and YouTube clips. Unfortunately this computer I have at home has been on the fritz for way too long, and is constantly borking on me. :angry: It just took me about 10 minutes to get it back up and running again. Once I get it fixed, then I'll definitely be downloading a ton of torrents.

Holy shit - I forgot how sexy this version of LIB is. Damn. :combust:

If you need anything, or any help, just let me know! I won't promise speedy service, but if you're patient, I'll get to it eventually. :lol:

If you need anything, or any help, just let me know! I won't promise speedy service, but if you're patient, I'll get to it eventually. :lol:

I'll for sure let you know! :D Thanks!

I've made it my mission to call up one of my techy buddies this month, and bribe him with a good meal & beer to come over and make things run all pretty again. :lol: There's so much wrong with it, I wouldn't even know where to start on attempting to fix it. :lol:

ATYCLB is my go to album when I need comfort, and similarly, I guess the shows do the same thing for me. :heart: There's an openness to them that I haven't seen since.

And as I say that, Bono gives the photographer on stage the finger. :lol: :love:

I'll for sure let you know! :D Thanks!

I've made it my mission to call up one of my techy buddies this month, and bribe him with a good meal & beer to come over and make things run all pretty again. :lol: There's so much wrong with it, I wouldn't even know where to start on attempting to fix it. :lol:

Well, if you need anything I have, just let me know. :)

ATYCLB is my go to album when I need comfort, and similarly, I guess the shows do the same thing for me. :heart: There's an openness to them that I haven't seen since.

And as I say that, Bono gives the photographer on stage the finger. :lol: :love:

Same here. As cheesy as it sounds, that album (more specifically Walk On) literally saved my life. It came out at a time when I was an absolute mess, and on the verge of hitting rock bottom. Every time I listen to it, I cry. But at least they're good tears now! :)

:lol: Gotta love it!

Same here. As cheesy as it sounds, that album (more specifically Walk On) literally saved my life. It came out at a time when I was an absolute mess, and on the verge of hitting rock bottom. Every time I listen to it, I cry. But at least they're good tears now! :)

:lol: Gotta love it!

Aw. :hug:

I've always heard of people getting very emotional at shows, and I've seen it, too (Tattoo Dan - SYCMIOYO), but I think I was always too in awe to get that emotional.

The second Toronto show in Sept this tour, I'd had a very trying night and day...and then with everything I've been through in the past year, Unknown Caller came on, and it was like they were speaking to me, and I nearly lost it. There were a few tears, but I was SO close to full-on bawling my eyes out. Wow. I'm atheist, but that's as close to a spiritual moment as I can imagine. :heart: And the people who were with me at the time...I'll never forget that. :heart:

Ack - look at the time. :yikes: I had every intention of going to bed early tonight. Pfft. :rolleyes: So much for that. I have to get up early for my running training, so I'd better head to bed.

G'night all! :hug:

Aw. :hug:

I've always heard of people getting very emotional at shows, and I've seen it, too (Tattoo Dan - SYCMIOYO), but I think I was always too in awe to get that emotional.

The second Toronto show in Sept this tour, I'd had a very trying night and day...and then with everything I've been through in the past year, Unknown Caller came on, and it was like they were speaking to me, and I nearly lost it. There were a few tears, but I was SO close to full-on bawling my eyes out. Wow. I'm atheist, but that's as close to a spiritual moment as I can imagine. :heart:

Yup - I'm one of those severely emotional people when I hear certain songs live. :lol: Walk On and Streets will definitely have me sobbing, but I'll also be enjoying the hell out of the show. It's funny - in Vegas my BFF was a mess for one song (One - her all time favourite), then the next song was Streets, in which I totally lost it, so we were both hanging onto each other for dear life and losing it for a good long time, but also singing along at the tops of our lungs. :lol: People were looking at us like we were nuts, but we didn't care.

Aww - that's so cool! :)

Okay - really gotta go now. :lol:

Thora and VP :hug:

I'm looking through Foxboro photos on flickr. One of the crew guys up in the claw took pictures from his spot there! The pics are so cool!!!

Aw, poor Pop Bono. :sad: :lol:

I suppose the big thing about him for me isn't so much the hair (although he does have gorgeous hair :drool: ), it's mostly his face and his eyes. He has the most amazing bone structure I've ever seen. :love: And he was so...fit during the Pop era, that it's really accentuated. And did I mention his eyes? :flirt:

And then there's the whole Pop-bad boy thing, too. An aggressiveness to that persona that he's never really had in any other era...

Eta - Aw, I seem to have missed you again! :( Take care. :hug:

:shifty: More fun for us!

Agreed on everything you said. :drool: Though I like the shorter hair, I hate hate hate the old man's mullet he had during Vertigo and never liked JT Bono that much either. Shorter hair looks great on him(save for the BALD head*shudder*).
He certainly was very fit, and it was shown by him wearing all those tight t-shirts an' such. :drool:

I think it was Wild who called it a wifebeater look... :lol: But yeah, i'ts pretty hot too!

Tabasco speaker :happy:
IMG_0409.jpg

:lol:

You take animals into your home - well, in my case, one that was pregnant - and you think "oh, it'll be cool! We'll manage!"

Next thing you know, the bastards run the house, and you only live there with them, and feed them a couple of times a day. :crack:

Then next thing you know, you're spreading Tabasco sauce on your electronics a couple of times a day to keep things calm. It's a slow deterioration from normalcy to insanity, I tell you. :happy:

:cute: Crazy cat lady? Oh you certainly will be one sometime!!

Hey Kristen, did you know about this? This is the same guy who did the Oh Canada rap and it's making me miss T Bay (even though it's winter!) :sad: The only two places he missed were Old Fort William and Lakehead University... (Great shot of the Hoito!)

YouTube - My Home Town

:lol::lol: That's awesome! Go T-Bay!
Gotta film it in winter to make it a real Thunder Bay video :wink:
The lyrics are so funny!
They're just missing a person chowing down on a persian :drool:

:cute: Crazy cat lady? Oh you certainly will be one sometime!!

A crazy cat lady would let them get behind the tv and chew the cords, and think they were adorable while doing so. I still have a shred of humanity, of human independence, that tries to exert my will around here, instead of completely letting them have their way. Go me. It's a small victory. :lol:

I showed Sarah the speaker picture last night, and she said "that looks like death. Are you sure you didn't murder Max as an example to the other cats?" :lmao:

Sarah hasn't been home since she went back to school after Christmas. This is the longest she's not come home since she started school, usually it's every 3 weeks minimum, sometimes more often. I've noticed a pattern with the cats that the longer it is between her coming home, the worse they behave. :huh: I don't know if they miss her or what. Then she comes home and everything is fine, they totally calm down, and then after she goes back, they're fine for a week or so, and then their craziness gradually starts to increase again. I think maybe they're such attention whores that it takes both of us to give them the attention they seem to need. And of course, I've been busy lately, and sometimes I'm not home with them a great deal.

:wink: For now you have your humanity left yes. But that too will fade away as the cats will be all that matter in your life soon...

:lol: Aw, well it's not that bad! Crazy Cat ladies are lovely, unless they're too crazy! And you still have us and Sarah to keep you sane(well, more Sarah than us, as we're... not so sane)!

Wow, for the 2nd day in a row I'm completely not hungry. I'll most likely have some yoghurt and cornflakes for dinner again.. wtf is going on?:huh:

Or I could make a smoothie, which sounds like a good idea... ah well, maybe later.

:flirt: Hey Jem!

:D Thanks for the link, yeah I heard it on the radio but none of my friends want to go with me. :grumpy:

Figures as I post this Run starts to play on the radio.

:flirt : Hey Jem!

:D Thanks for the link, yeah I heard it on the radio but none of my friends want to go with me. :grumpy :

Figures as I post this Run starts to play on the radio.

Hey :flirt: ( Ok so I came back to check you had seen post and not gone to yet :reject: )

:lol: @ you already knowing. :wink:

GG - say screw it and go by yourself! :wink :

:yes: This is what I am doing. :hi5: Going by myself. :ohmy: Scary but am sure it will be fine. Would rather do that than miss out. :lol:

Am excited. :hyper::love:

Or you could come to Glasgow with me. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom