PGP: Give Us All the Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
^ WTF is that smiley anyway? :eyebrow:

Carry on.

(And give us all the Bono.) :shifty:

BonoLiberationFrance9-20-2010.jpg

BonoAfricaMay2006passport.jpg

BonofrenchQA10-201114.jpg

QAwards10-24-201143thud.jpg

BonoshadeslessQ10-2011.jpg

TIFFFTSDPressToronto9-9-2011Bono.jpg

bonohappymontreal3602011.jpg

Bono.jpg

Any more mandatory pics? :wink: Add below.

They really don't help ease the stereotype about the Irish and their drinking with those pictures, do they :lol:? Oh, wow. I bet it'd be quite interesting to go out on the town with them for an evening. I can only imagine the sorts of rambling, nonsensical conversations they'd get into after a few.

I like that old picture you found. Who's the other guy, I wonder?

Can't remember who said it now... :hmm: it was the singer I think from another band that I believe toured with U2. They said the U2 guys were legendary drinkers and could outdrink anyone. :lol: Need to find that quote. Whoever it was, was amazed by their drinking abilities.

Oh, wow, really?

He looks different for some reason there. Maybe it's just 'cause his long hair's sorta hidden.

My dad got to interview Stevie once-he was swinging through our town and stopped in to do an interview. My dad said he was really cool to talk to.

Those freckles do stand out a bit, don't they :D. I like his eyes there for some reason.

Can't remember who said it now... :hmm: it was the singer I think from another band that I believe toured with U2. They said the U2 guys were legendary drinkers and could outdrink anyone. :lol: Need to find that quote. Whoever it was, was amazed by their drinking abilities.

:ohmy: :lol: That's hilarious. And sort of scary (think of your livers, boys!).

I remember my dad also used to say that for all their peaceful, uplifting, inspiring music, given the area of Dublin they grew up in, he imagined it probably would not be wise to get into a fight with them. Add in some heavy drinking and I'd be more than willing to believe that.

There was an interview where they were all asked who would win in a fist-fight. Every single one of them said Bono, including Bono. :lol:

I also read something once where Bono kicked the living shit out of somebody (a security guard.) :ohmy:

About the Irish - I live in Boston which is where 90% of the Irish come via a 3 month work visa. I sent the better part of 2 years in Irish pubs with the Irish and yes.....they can drink. We'd enter around 10pm Friday and emerge Monday morning at 3am after many pints, chips and sing-songs. I'm actually shocked my liver still works. So I do not doubt that 3 of u2 could drink anyone under the table.

And I want to say it was Bill Flanagan's book about their drinking stamina. I do remember reading Bono and Jay-Z maybe....going shot for shot on a plane across country. Bono is already pretty affectionate sober....can you imagine drunk? He'd be a right sloppy mess and yes I would pay to see it and be beside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom