PGP: Give Us All the Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, for some reason I have far too many snails in here. :lol: Gotta get rid of those bastards, because they are stealing food from my Cory's!

I did get more. Since I got a new aquarium I can't buy all the fish at once, that ruins the water quality because it'll have too many nitrates, which are lethal for fish. So I bought my first group the first week, then last week the second. Now I'm trying to find shrimp, as the last fish I want eat them, so they need to know the tank before I can put the other fish in.

OK...you have cori's

and what is the other type (?) besides the shrimp you will buy soon.

I agree about the industries figuring this shit out, but I feel for the musicians (not the millionnaires like Madonna or U2) who aren't getting my money. (And yes, everyone knows that they should get a better deal than what the record companies usually give them.)

But the movie industry .... I don't know. I've never downloaded a movie, but movies still make a shit-ton of money. Has there been a lot of talk about decreasing ticket sales, like you hear about with music?

Am I supposed to feel bad for movie studios who still make fucking zillions of dollars? I'm sure there are people further down the chain who still feel the sting, but again, it's probably more to do with the companies than the impact of downloading.

so yeah - some sympathy re the music industry, none for the movie industry.

in the USA there has been talk of less movie theater going.....

:ohmy::( yikes sorry to hear about the train crash!

and :hug:s VP, cori

hope to see you here soon now that I'm back more

I've accumulated several box sets of movies/TV shows. They tend to be kinda pricey, so it's a good thing I don't buy them all the time. :wink: The last one I got was the Friday Night Lights series, but since I had an Amazon gift card from one of the companies that I do surveys for, it was totally free.

Oh, I had a lot of tv on dvd.... All of Stargate SG-1, all of Stargate Atlantis, MacGyver, Dexter, Californication, Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The Tudors, etc..... not to mention a lot of rare movies... :sad:

oh I'd LOVE several boxed sets of SF and SF Type (like LOST) series :ohmy::drool::heart:
but there's too must other stuff higher up on the list

If I could I'd get Babylon 5 (got a fair amount on Vids I taped at my sis's), at least a few seasons of SG1, BG (remake),
a good amount of ST:NG, the 2 Visitors Mini series( Orig) and probably the Remake too and :D LOST .
oh how could I forget: (iz tired :yawn:) ALien :heart: Nation!

I approve of the Scifi. :D

can we get a 'hiding in pgp' tag?

also, i am re-learning how to type 1 handed since i have frobaby now lol. (although typing 1 handed could be naughty :shifty::shifty: )
:lol:

Just found out that another one of my friends is in Phoenix this week for the hockey game. She just posted a few pictures of her by her hotel's pool with a bunch of the players, and they're all half nekkid. I am SEETHING with jealousy. SEEEEEEETHING!! :laugh: :angry: :scream: :lol:

I just read an article that states Bono had alpaca tenderloin with elderberry sauce for lunch. I find this hilarious for some reason. Alpacas are kind of cute.

At first I read that as "alopecia" and was wondering what a hair condition had to do with eating :lol:.

"Elderberry" is a funny word, too. It sounds like berries made out of old people :p.

Oh, I'm all about the cheerfulness/giggles, didn't you know? :p

Oh, of course!

Ha, so today I was watching "Judge Judy" (yeah) and some guy was telling a really strange story (something about him letting this neighbor of his at a motel he was temporarily living at borrow his car-he was 60 and she was 25...I don't know, the whole thing was just weird), and the judge at one point said, "This story's getting more and more unbelievable by the moment. It's like watching the Syfy channel." And all I could think of was our discussion last night :D.

Stargate Atlantis and Eureka. Two absolutely wonderful shows. :sad:

Bryan Adams live at the Budokan :drool:

Oh, yeah, I'd heard of those shows. I think my sister's boyfriend used to watch a bit of "Eureka" from time to time. That sucks. It's always frustrating when shows you like are cancelled and then you see the crap that IS left on TV.

Ah, sounds fun. The Budokan, they've had quite a few notable concerts over the years there, haven't they?

In regards to the movie talk, okay, so now I'm kinda wishing I HAD watched the Oscars last night, or at least the pre/post-show stuff, 'cause two musicians I like were at a couple after-parties or on the red carpet and such, one with his wife, the other with his girlfriend (fiance?), and both men looked GORGEOUS (so did the ladies, too-their dresses, oh, my god, I want :drool:).

In other topics...

Hi, CK :wave:! Good to have you back. How's the baby?

Hi/bye to Dazz, too, sorry I missed you :wave:!

Yay for snow days! I miss those sometimes when I see it snowing outside.

And yeah, I'd heard about that school shooting. Ugh. I thought those had started to kinda fade away in the news. I remember when I was in middle school/high school some kids thought it was HILARIOUS to call in phony bomb threats :rolleyes:. This was after Columbine and the other big rash of school shootings, mind you. So sad, my thoughts go out to those who were affected and who lost a loved one due to this.

Yup. They're all in bathing suits, but some of them are wearing towels around their shoulders, so you can't see much. :lol:

Aw, damn.

I just read an article that states Bono had alpaca tenderloin with elderberry sauce for lunch. I find this hilarious for some reason. Alpacas are kind of cute.

:ohmy:

At first I read that as "alopecia" and was wondering what a hair condition had to do with eating :lol:.

"Elderberry" is a funny word, too. It sounds like berries made out of old people :p.

:yes: Elderberry is a really funny word.

Oh, of course!

Ha, so today I was watching "Judge Judy" (yeah) and some guy was telling a really strange story (something about him letting this neighbor of his at a motel he was temporarily living at borrow his car-he was 60 and she was 25...I don't know, the whole thing was just weird), and the judge at one point said, "This story's getting more and more unbelievable by the moment. It's like watching the Syfy channel." And all I could think of was our discussion last night :D.

Oh, yeah, I'd heard of those shows. I think my sister's boyfriend used to watch a bit of "Eureka" from time to time. That sucks. It's always frustrating when shows you like are cancelled and then you see the crap that IS left on TV.
Exactly.

Ah, sounds fun. The Budokan, they've had quite a few notable concerts over the years there, haven't they?

Honestly, I have no idea.... I love it simply for the fact that Bryan Adams is performing live, and he's really adorable..... :reject:

In regards to the movie talk, okay, so now I'm kinda wishing I HAD watched the Oscars last night, or at least the pre/post-show stuff, 'cause two musicians I like were at a couple after-parties or on the red carpet and such, one with his wife, the other with his girlfriend (fiance?), and both men looked GORGEOUS (so did the ladies, too-their dresses, oh, my god, I want :drool:).

Ooooo, which 2 musicians? *didn't watch the pre-/post-show*

How long did those shows last? I don't think they were on too long, from what I recall.

This is why it's such a relief to me to know "Community" is coming back from hiatus and has a good chance at a fourth season, from what I've heard.

Honestly, I have no idea.... I love it simply for the fact that Bryan Adams is performing live, and he's really adorable..... :reject:

I understand that feeling :yes:. I've thought the same thing when I've watched live DVDs with people I like, too. And then I start wishing I was there and looking for moments that would make good screencaps and then... It's very easy to get distracted :p.

Yeah, I can't recall who all's been there now, but I know many artists have.

Ooooo, which 2 musicians? *didn't watch the pre-/post-show*

Matt Bellamy (with Kate Hudson) and Chris Martin (with Gwenyth Paltrow). Matt and Chris were both in suits and all cleaned up nice. And they looked so, SO good :drool:. I've just seen online stuff about it today.

How long did those shows last? I don't think they were on too long, from what I recall.

This is why it's such a relief to me to know "Community" is coming back from hiatus and has a good chance at a fourth season, from what I've heard.
Stargate Atlantis was on for 5 seasons, and Eureka will be airing its 5th and final season starting in April. :sad:

I'm glad Community is coming back! Gives me a chance to catch up!

I understand that feeling :yes:. I've thought the same thing when I've watched live DVDs with people I like, too. And then I start wishing I was there and looking for moments that would make good screencaps and then... It's very easy to get distracted :p.

Yeah, I can't recall who all's been there now, but I know many artists have.
No truer words have ever been spoken.

Matt Bellamy (with Kate Hudson) and Chris Martin (with Gwenyth Paltrow). Matt and Chris were both in suits and all cleaned up nice. And they looked so, SO good :drool:. I've just seen online stuff about it today.

Matt was there? :love: I didn't even know!

*now has a strong urge to go listen to some Muse* :shifty:

Wow, typical Thunder Bay does not close the schools down even after a giant snow storm like we had last night :rolleyes: I can't even get my car down my street.

I only saw the city shut down once when I lived there, and that was the Blizzard of 96 :lol: I had the day off anyway, so I watched tv and the snowplows going by on the street past where I was living :wink:

Oh, and I keep meaning to share this but keep forgetting:

We bought these the week of Valentine's, knowing FroBaby would be born sometime that week.
73hx7s.jpg

The yellow one is the main reason we bought them; totally reminds me of a certain something from the PopMart era...:shifty:

Banana bass! :D Wonder if Adam's still got that stashed in his house somewhere...

Stargate Atlantis was on for 5 seasons, and Eureka will be airing its 5th and final season starting in April. :sad:

Ah. Aw. Is anyone trying to see if they can keep "Eureka" going, or is it pretty much a done deal at this point?

5 seasons isn't a bad run, though. Some people start nitpicking at a show after it's been on a number of years, so if the show ends/has ended on a good note, at least there's that.

I'm glad Community is coming back! Gives me a chance to catch up!

Oh, so am I. I've missed them on Thursday nights. And plus, I get to drool over Joel McHale as Jeff Winger again :wink:.

Yeah, definitely do some catching up! It'll be worth it.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Hehe.

I'd ask you about some particular moments you enjoyed from the show, but I get the feeling your answer might involve the word "everything"!

(But if you do have any specific ones, that's cool, too :))

Matt was there? :love: I didn't even know!

*now has a strong urge to go listen to some Muse* :shifty:

I didn't, either! I just heard that news earlier this afternoon. But yeah, check him out:

MattKate1.jpg

(That one is my favorite)

MattKate2.jpg

Never have I been more envious of Kate.

I'm in the mood to listen to Muse now, too! I'm probably going to do that at some point tonight.

Oh, and I keep meaning to share this but keep forgetting:

We bought these the week of Valentine's, knowing FroBaby would be born sometime that week.
73hx7s.jpg

The yellow one is the main reason we bought them; totally reminds me of a certain something from the PopMart era...:shifty:

those are so cool! Congrats on your new little one. :)

last winter MN had ten tons of snow starting in mid Nov and it didn't let up until the end of March. This winter we've had a few little baby storms that have melted as soon as it hits the ground. But :happy: our snowiest month of the year is March and we have a gigantic one coming this week. I sort of don't believe it until I see because they have said for days it was supposed to happen this morning. Then it got pushed to tomorrow night but now I heard tomorrow morning. :crack: I have too much to do this week for a blizzard :grumpy: I was hoping to squeak by this last few weeks of winter without any snow....

Ah. Aw. Is anyone trying to see if they can keep "Eureka" going, or is it pretty much a done deal at this point?

5 seasons isn't a bad run, though. Some people start nitpicking at a show after it's been on a number of years, so if the show ends/has ended on a good note, at least there's that.
Unfortunately, it's a done deal. Although SyFy has allowed an extra episode at the end of season 5 to wrap things up nicely.

5 seasons really is a good run, but it still makes me mad. Stargate Atlantis was a spinoff of a show that lasted 10.... they could've made it last 10 too! And the possibilities are endless with Eureka... seriously, it's about a town full of geniuses. The question should be "what couldn't happen?"

Oh, so am I. I've missed them on Thursday nights. And plus, I get to drool over Joel McHale as Jeff Winger again :wink:.

Yeah, definitely do some catching up! It'll be worth it.
Joel :drool:

I do remember I like that show, so it shall be enjoyable. :D

Hehe.

I'd ask you about some particular moments you enjoyed from the show, but I get the feeling your answer might involve the word "everything"!

(But if you do have any specific ones, that's cool, too :))

:shifty: Everything. :yes:

I didn't, either! I just heard that news earlier this afternoon. But yeah, check him out:

MattKate1.jpg

(That one is my favorite)

MattKate2.jpg

Never have I been more envious of Kate.

I'm in the mood to listen to Muse now, too! I'm probably going to do that at some point tonight.
:love:
He looks so nice! And Kate does too!

Seriously, Kate Hudson envy :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom