PGP: Give Us All the Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone's okay, CK. Those are always so awful and scary. :sad:

There's a high school that I drive by all the time, and it's about 8 minutes away from my house. I've been in the area and had to turn around and do a detour for both of the lockdowns that the school has had in the past 5 months or so. It's so awful when it happens in your city. :sigh:

Heck, GG--I'm WAY over 50, and I don't agree with that! :D
:giggle:
GG, with regards to Paul Simon's Graceland. That's one of my go-to albums for some happy time, or house cleaning or just lounging around. I really really like it. But I'm not sure I'd put it in my top 10.
Yeah it's very relaxing indeed.

GG, You Can Call Me Al (the actual name of the song) actually does have a cool bassline, but if your dad's into that kind of thing, or if you want to show off your knowledge of something that's probably more from his generation, tell him that much of the Who's catalogue is much more epic.

:reject: Woops, failing hard there. I didn't actually know the title, tbh. I occasionally listen to it, and yes the bassline is cool. But to call it the best known in the world?

and I agree on The Who definitely. And there's plenty more great bassplayers around. I really tend to favour Deacon for well known basslines I guess. Then again, Mission Impossible is pretty damn famous too.

I havent bought the dvd for 7.2 yet :reject:
(I may or may not have an online version :shifty: )

I wish I would've been able to see all of them in theatres. I was able to see half. I saw 3, 5, and both halves of 7 in theatres. And 7.2 was my only midnight viewing. It was such an amazing experience to 'camp out' at the theatre prior to the showing (only 3 hrs, nothing compared to some of the U2 stuff!), and to actually see the film with hardcore fans. :yes:

I wanted to wait until all the HP films were done, so I could buy them all together in one special edition box set. I'm a dorky completest like that. :lol: I obviously haven't bought it yet, but it's on my wishlist. One day! :)

Oh, and I keep meaning to share this but keep forgetting:

We bought these the week of Valentine's, knowing FroBaby would be born sometime that week.
73hx7s.jpg

The yellow one is the main reason we bought them; totally reminds me of a certain something from the PopMart era...:shifty:

I havent bought the dvd for 7.2 yet :reject:
(I may or may not have an online version :shifty: )

I wish I would've been able to see all of them in theatres. I was able to see half. I saw 3, 5, and both halves of 7 in theatres. And 7.2 was my only midnight viewing. It was such an amazing experience to 'camp out' at the theatre prior to the showing (only 3 hrs, nothing compared to some of the U2 stuff!), and to actually see the film with hardcore fans. :yes:

:shifty: No worries. As long as people enjoy the film, I see no harm in that. :D

I have never done a midnight viewing. Ever.

we're talking HP movies, yes?
Yes :D

I wanted to wait until all the HP films were done, so I could buy them all together in one special edition box set. I'm a dorky completest like that. :lol: I obviously haven't bought it yet, but it's on my wishlist. One day! :)

Oh, if I could, I go out and buy all of them in the current box set forms they have.... because those are awesome...

As it is, I'm really starting to hate my aunt. :reject:

Oh, and I keep meaning to share this but keep forgetting:

We bought these the week of Valentine's, knowing FroBaby would be born sometime that week.
73hx7s.jpg

The yellow one is the main reason we bought them; totally reminds me of a certain something from the PopMart era...:shifty:

Aww, those are awesome! :cute:

Oh, if I could, I go out and buy all of them in the current box set forms they have.... because those are awesome...

I've accumulated several box sets of movies/TV shows. They tend to be kinda pricey, so it's a good thing I don't buy them all the time. :wink: The last one I got was the Friday Night Lights series, but since I had an Amazon gift card from one of the companies that I do surveys for, it was totally free. :up:

That's awesome CK! :D

:crack: Ye gods, EYKIW has turned into a trainwreck once more. And coincidentally at the hand of the same person once again. Ugh, time to seek refuge in PLEBA again.

I think I'll spend 99.9% of my time hiding here in PGP...

Safe choice. :crack:

Ugh. Got a call this afternoon of a dude who wanted to buy my Gamecube. He was supposed to be here by 8pm. It's now 9pm. :| If you're backing out, at least have the decency to call!

Guess I'll wait for that 60 euros bid then after all. was going to give it to him for 50.

Am going to buy two snail eating snails soon. Got a bit of a snail problem, and found someone selling them in my city for only 50 cents. In the pet stores they're hard to find and at least 3 euros! :D Pretty neat. Now if only I could find the shrimp I want nearby(Back off JJ! Keeping my eyes on ya! :grumpy: )

oh I'd LOVE several boxed sets of SF and SF Type (like LOST) series :ohmy::drool::heart:
but there's too must other stuff higher up on the list

If I could I'd get Babylon 5 (got a fair amount on Vids I taped at my sis's), at least a few seasons of SG1, BG (remake),
a good amount of ST:NG, the 2 Visitors Mini series( Orig) and probably the Remake too and :D LOST .
oh how could I forget: (iz tired :yawn:) ALien :heart: Nation!

:crack: I just discovered about a hundred snail eggs under the leaves of my floating plants. Ye gods. This is out of control. Hope I can get those snail eating snails soon. Perhaps I could take out the plants, wash them with water and get rid of the eggs. Though that'd be a tricky one since their roots are huge and entangled with a lot of other plants.

:ohmy: oh dear

i glanced at an earlier post where you mentioned the snail eating snail and I was like :huh: :lol:

NOW I gotz it!:D

as I'm catching up I see you mentioned your fish are getting more color! :hyper:

since i missed the whole beginning of your aquarium thing....
...did you buy more than one kind of fish?

oh I'd LOVE several boxed sets of SF and SF Type (like LOST) series :ohmy::drool::heart:
but there's too must other stuff higher up on the list

If I could I'd get Babylon 5 (got a fair amount on Vids I taped at my sis's), at least a few seasons of SG1, BG (remake),
a good amount of ST:NG, the 2 Visitors Mini series( Orig) and probably the Remake too and :D LOST .
oh how could I forget: (iz tired :yawn:) ALien :heart: Nation!

The Lost box set is AWESOME!! :love: It's in a beautiful huge box, and has so much fun/nerdy stuff in it. :up: Definitely worth getting someday.

The Lost box set is AWESOME!! :love: It's in a beautiful huge box, and has so much fun/nerdy stuff in it. :up: Definitely worth getting someday.

I'm sure! :love:

speaking of set boxes etc
if I can possibly get to Puerto rico for a 2nd time this year I'll have to forgo the Zoo TV superbox set until late summer

sorry to hear you got big snow recently :hug:

I survived mountain biking! It was fun - hard but fun. I almost fell off a couple times but managed to stay on the bike the whole time. We did a loop twice - my friend led the first time and I led the 2nd time. He learned my favorite curse word! But yes, I am cactus-needle free!!!! :yippie:

woah!!!!! PLUlEEZ be careful! :yikes: :hug::hug:

YAY :hi5: for no-cacti needles!

and oh that was a beautiful photo by the stream!

:ohmy: oh dear

i glanced at an earlier post where you mentioned the snail eating snail and I was like :huh: :lol:

NOW I gotz it!:D

as I'm catching up I see you mentioned your fish are getting more color! :hyper:

since i missed the whole beginning of your aquarium thing....
...did you buy more than one kind of fish?

Yeah, for some reason I have far too many snails in here. :lol: Gotta get rid of those bastards, because they are stealing food from my Cory's!

I did get more. Since I got a new aquarium I can't buy all the fish at once, that ruins the water quality because it'll have too many nitrates, which are lethal for fish. So I bought my first group the first week, then last week the second. Now I'm trying to find shrimp, as the last fish I want eat them, so they need to know the tank before I can put the other fish in.

I'm sure! :love:

speaking of set boxes etc
if I can possibly get to Puerto rico for a 2nd time this year I'll have to forgo the Zoo TV superbox set until late summer

sorry to hear you got big snow recently :hug:

It would be worth it to have a fabulous vacation, instead of a box set! :up: I hope it works out for you to go!

That was Kristen & Amy, I believe. :) We haven't had a big snowfall in over a month now, thankfully. *knock on wood that there's no more this winter* We had a little bit on Friday, but it was gone within a few hours. The bonus about living on the west coast is that we don't get as much snow as the eastern provinces. I could never handle living in any of those east coast cities. :lol: I'm such a wimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom