PGP: Give Us All the Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So which Sean Bean one was it? :wink:

I had to check to see where the train in that VIA derailment was heading - it was heading into TO, but I'm pretty sure that's the same part of the track the train I take coming back from my parents' house goes on, the background in some of the pics looks familiar...

It was called "The Lost Future."

It was definitely "so very bad it's kinda good."

:lol:

I don't have any opinion on Christian Bale one way or another :shrug: :D.

Ha, I just saw (downloaded - shame!) Stop Making Sense for the first time on Friday night. Don't know what took me so long, since I've been at least a moderate Talking Heads fan for a LONG time. Oddly though, on the dvd, Psycho Killer is played by David Byrne and a boombox before Tina takes the stage. :lol:

I know, I thought about that fact, too :p.

I watched that concert on YouTube a while back. It was INCREDIBLE. I was sitting in a freaking computer chair and yet I couldn't stop dancing my ass off! I pretty much know their big songs and the occasional lesser-known ones, but I've liked everything I've heard from them. They're a fun band.

The version of "Girlfriend Is Better" from that concert is better than the studio version, I think. Little more funky groove to it.

As for downloading, I've never downloaded movies, only music. And the only reasons I download music are if I'm making a mix CD for myself or a friend/family member, or if I can't find an album by a band I like. Which, given the places I've lived, is a very common occurrence. The sorts of things I like just aren't likely to be found in some of the towns I've lived in, there's really not much in the way of CD stores there, and the ones that exist often just sell whatever's hot at the moment (some of which I like, some of which I don't) or really weird, random stuff that I think would only appeal to, like, grandparents or something.

But when I do find a store that carries what I want, or if I find it on Amazon, I will be more than happy to put down some money and actually buy it (I'd also add that downloading has made my list of favorite artists increase and made me want to buy MORE music, not less). I like having the physical CD in my hands. And I like putting some more money towards artists I love and supporting them.

:yes: Most SyFy movies are of the "so bad it's good" variety. I actually kinda liked the one I watched today.

Well, that's good, at least! What was it about?

I remember seeing a title for a movie called 'Ice Twisters' on there once. And I think there was an 'Ice Spiders' one, too. And all I keep thinking is, "Um...if they're ice, that means they're frozen, which means they can't really be a threat...". And we won't even get into how impossible the idea of an ice twister is.

But then again, if that fancy logic stuff mattered, Syfy would have no movie!

I'm rather :sad: that Gary didn't win....

but, now I have to see the movie starring the guy that did win.

Well, that's good, at least! What was it about?
Um..... post-apocalyptic world type movie, something to do with mutants that, if they bite you, you become one, and the only way to prevent it is a "yellow powder" one of the characters dad came up with, but then died before telling his son anything about it all.... :shrug:

I remember seeing a title for a movie called 'Ice Twisters' on there once. And I think there was an 'Ice Spiders' one, too. And all I keep thinking is, "Um...if they're ice, that means they're frozen, which means they can't really be a threat...". And we won't even get into how impossible the idea of an ice twister is.

But then again, if that fancy logic stuff mattered, Syfy would have no movie!

:yes: :applaud::lol:

I'm normally right there with you, but I like it on Christian Bale. Dude is HOT.

I only like him as bicurious in Velvet Goldmine :wink:

and with that, time to finish some color theory. I have no cable...can't actually watch the oscars, just saw some stuff on tumblr involving beards and disturbingness :(

What was he nominated for?

Did the people/movies you wanted to win get awards, Thora? Or did you even really care :p?

Um..... post-apocalyptic world type movie, something to do with mutants that, if they bite you, you become one, and the only way to prevent it is a "yellow powder" one of the characters dad came up with, but then died before telling his son anything about it all.... :shrug:

Don'cha hate it when that happens :wink:? Sounds interesting-at least it's a situation that might have some sort of remote plausibility, unlike the ice visions I alluded to earlier.

I love the grandiose versions of apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic worlds that movies always come up with. I've often suspected that if we do live to see the apocalypse, and survive it besides, we'll all probably be really disappointed at how it all went down, 'cause I think it'll sneak up on us instead of just erupt into madness all at once.

(Honestly, I think the human race is more likely to die due to stupidity rather than anything else :p)

I'll give Syfy this: I salute their incredibly wild imaginations!

What was he nominated for?
What Thora said.

Don'cha hate it when that happens :wink:? Sounds interesting-at least it's a situation that might have some sort of remote plausibility, unlike the ice visions I alluded to earlier.
:lol: It's just so darn inconvienent! :lol:

I love the grandiose versions of apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic worlds that movies always come up with. I've often suspected that if we do live to see the apocalypse, and survive it besides, we'll all probably be really disappointed at how it all went down, 'cause I think it'll sneak up on us instead of just erupt into madness all at once.

(Honestly, I think the human race is more likely to die due to stupidity rather than anything else :p)

I'll give Syfy this: I salute their incredibly wild imaginations!

Post-apocalyptic movies are pretty damn interesting (I like The Book of Eli best), but I agree with you. The end of the world, to sorta paraphrase (or at least bring to mind someone else's poetry), will whisper.

Their imaginations may be saluted, but their (lack of) intelligence should be punished. :grumpy:

*is still mad about 2 different shows they canceled*

What Thora said.

Ah. Okay. Well, that answers that, then :D.

:lol: It's just so darn inconvienent! :lol:

Post-apocalyptic movies are pretty damn interesting (I like The Book of Eli best), but I agree with you. The end of the world, to sorta paraphrase (or at least bring to mind someone else's poetry), will whisper.

It is! You'd think they'd learn by now :tsk:.

:yes: Exactly my point. Basically, we like the big, massive apocalypse stuff because we as humans are all about drama.

I personally have no desire to witness the apocalypse. I'd like to be long dead before that happens. Or die right at the start of it. The idea of what would come after would rather scare me, honestly.

...this is a cheerful topic we've gotten onto, isn't it :p?

Their imaginations may be saluted, but their (lack of) intelligence should be punished. :grumpy:

*is still mad about 2 different shows they canceled*

LOL, fully agreed on that.

What shows were those?

I too have been wandering around online watching various music clips and an old concert and such! Hope you like the live show you have with you! Good night!

I'm home with the girl today. We had another lice event this weekend. Daycare has asked us to stay home just in case. And it gives them a day to get rid of it as well.

Wow, typical Thunder Bay does not close the schools down even after a giant snow storm like we had last night :rolleyes: I can't even get my car down my street.

My kids are home because the buses are cancelled, and I called into work to cancel the 1 hour morning shift I do because it isn't worth risking an accident to get there. I may end up going in this afternoon. As of yet, our street isn't plowed! :crack:

:giggle: I love that she's still Fro-Baby.

She will forever be Fro-Baby. :giggle: :shifty:

The last movie I saw in theatres was HP7.2, I think....

at least, I don't remember any others I may have seen. :reject:

HP was the last one I saw in theatres as well. We dont go to the movies hardly EVER, but I made special exceptions for HP 7.1 and 7.2 since they were the last films of the series and I am a huge HP geek. (And omg I was BAWLING through most of the 2nd half. :reject: )

It's honestly easier for us to wait until movies hit the local rental place, rent them for a night or two, or get them from the library for free once the library has a copy.

I only like him as bicurious in Velvet Goldmine :wink:
VG was the first Christian Bale movie I ever saw, and to this day, can't see him ANYWHERE without thinking of it lol. I did like him in Dark Knight though...havent seen the other Batman movies with him in it (Michael Keaton will forever be MY Batman :reject: )

Now that is beautiful. :cute:
I do believe I will need to make myself an mp3 of that for the Nano. :heart:

Slow day online for me...there was a shooting at a high school about 2 hrs from us (up near Cleveland) so I have been glued to the coverage all morning. So tragic...:sad:

Now that is beautiful. :cute:
I do believe I will need to make myself an mp3 of that for the Nano. :heart:

Slow day online for me...there was a shooting at a high school about 2 hrs from us (up near Cleveland) so I have been glued to the coverage all morning. So tragic...:sad:

So sad and scary. We've had two weapons scares on our campus this year (I was in this thread during the lock down for one of them :yikes: ). :sigh:

Ah. Okay. Well, that answers that, then :D.

It is! You'd think they'd learn by now :tsk:.

: yes: Exactly my point. Basically, we like the big, massive apocalypse stuff because we as humans are all about drama.

I personally have no desire to witness the apocalypse. I'd like to be long dead before that happens. Or die right at the start of it. The idea of what would come after would rather scare me, honestly.

...this is a cheerful topic we've gotten onto, isn't it :p?
Oh, I'm all about the cheerfulness/giggles, didn't you know? :p

LOL, fully agreed on that.

What shows were those?

I too have been wandering around online watching various music clips and an old concert and such! Hope you like the live show you have with you! Good night!
Stargate Atlantis and Eureka. Two absolutely wonderful shows. :sad:

Bryan Adams live at the Budokan :drool:

Oi, look what I found : drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mclGjnho-9A

great cover
:drool:

She will forever be Fro-Baby. :giggle: : shifty:

HP was the last one I saw in theatres as well. We dont go to the movies hardly EVER, but I made special exceptions for HP 7.1 and 7.2 since they were the last films of the series and I am a huge HP geek. (And omg I was BAWLING through most of the 2nd half. : reject: )

It's honestly easier for us to wait until movies hit the local rental place, rent them for a night or two, or get them from the library for free once the library has a copy.

VG was the first Christian Bale movie I ever saw, and to this day, can't see him ANYWHERE without thinking of it lol. I did like him in Dark Knight though...havent seen the other Batman movies with him in it (Michael Keaton will forever be MY Batman :reject: )

FroBaby :cute:

I always made exceptions for HP. The only one I never saw in theatres the day it opened was the first (I wasn't an HP fan until that'd been in theatres about 2 months). I too cried during the second half 7.2, BOTH times I watched it in theatres... I haven't had the guts to watch the dvd yet.

It's easier for us too, what with my dad in physical therapy and my mom doing chemo; more often than not it's a trial just to go get groceries.

First Christan Bale movie I saw was Empire Of the Sun, and then I watched Newsies. :shifty: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises :heart:

I haven't seen The Dark Knight Rises yet, as it doesn't come out until late July, but I've yet to be disappointed by these movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom