PGP-Getting hot in some photo booths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GG, it's at the Palace of Auburn Hills (where every major concert is in Michigan).

I saw him there about (thinks) 15 years ago ... he was good back then, and I'm really tempted to see him again.

~BrightestStar~ said:
SG, what's your location from? :hmm:

:reject: I just realized I never replied to this

1. Somewhere out there was the theme song from 'An American Tale' ; the animated movie about a little russian mouse family migrating to America - the little boy mouse fivel gets separated from the others and sings that song. I used to sing it as a lullabye for naptime for Jeffy :)

somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
someone's thinking of me
and loving me tonight...

2. Somewhere out there is the title of a totally different song by a group named Our Lady Peace and is a personal favorite. it came out in 2003 or 2004 I think

greeneyedgirl said:
SG, I was looking the other day at the Bono Look-a-likes thread.
How could anyone ever thing that the one guy was Bono?
The nose was the first thing I noticed :lol:

wishful thinking? :lol: I think some people just see Bono everywhere. They have Bono on the brain :p

i hope molly you're still here.I'm such a s-l-o-w typer! <reject>

U2 [R&H]Story for Molly............. for noobs from :hmm: mid 2006 onwards.....i think!

OK Molly....................

this is sorta one of those Metaphorically speaking...........
........stories - like--
how many people ACTUALLY KNOW anyone who's Won the lottery.....so they figure on some level *maybe* :lol: it really isn't ture. [all those NEW millionaires by ottoLuck!

here goes...........

I have a BFA [fine Arts].

I've done some sculpture [a bit sold/ some displayed in small lower Manhattan /edge of Soho galleries in the 80's], some Illustration [paid, local neighborhood non-profit Arts Agency volunteer & fanzine illlls mid/late 80's, abit in the early 90's] ], a modest- medium amount of my own Graphic Design Clients for single, or ongoing clients AND TONS of Traditionally done Paste-ups/mechanicals [76 - ealry 80's mostly].

At ONE point for several years I worked for my sis as a freelancer at the Local Boro Arts Agency. She also saw the work I did for another friend of hers [whom she introed me to]. And work i [rare] did for her own projects [not 4 others}

SO there I am...........in late 87..........was in between jobs? or had started up in some temp jobs again AFTER I'd lost my nearly 4 yr old y job as a jewely set-up person & Stylist for an in-house Photostudio of a small CATALOUGE house. My schedual then i don't thibk was completely 9 - 5 at that point.

You neeed all this above info to understand that this didn't appear from thin air in..........the QUALIFICATIONS aspects, that is!

SO...i'm almost sure my sis did this by phone, because I'm ALMOST POS that I'd remember her face REACTING to my Expressions!!!! :lol:

She SEZ................ REMBER THIS WAS BEFORE he Net.and I din't kinow any other U2 fans besides me, my sis & our friends.

"DID you KNOW that U2 are MAKING A Movie?"

ME You're kidding!!??!! hopeful she's NOT!

SHe: yeah. they are.
It's a concert in America ting.

Me: GUH!!!!!!!!!!!

She: Well.............MY firend [ oR - don't remember- her good friend's friend]...........is GOOD friends with THE WIFE of one of The Big Guiys at Island Records!

Me: uh, yeah....??!!??

She: " I told her to ask her [wife] saying.......'my sis is a very good Graphic Designer and PU/M person.
She's ALSO a very, big U2 Fan.
Could you ask her to ask her Husband - IF HE"D BE WILLING to let her {me, dazz} show him some GD Mock-ups of the Album Cover they might consider using for this coming film.' "

Me: !!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

She: he siad YES you can have her do some stuff.

Me: :hyper: near:faint: :hyper:

SO off i go to design some ideas..................

I was NOT GIVEN any stipulatuions ......so i took the Southernwest desert Big Mesas/Nuttes as my Motif........one of the most GeneraL all-round Big Icons not related to food {hotdog/}, sports, Politics/ etc

Ayway................

I'd gotten mucjh of the first one done [ this was sometime betweern late 87 [ between holidays?] or more likely early to mid jan **.
I was thinking up my NEXT IDEA, e while figuring out howi was going to indicate MOVIE STILLS that would have been inserted into the rest of the Vinyl record Soundtrack AND movie poster!

Then one day soon after.I was riding on a mid-towwn Manhattann bus----to office temp work? temp agency? ...don't rmember...

I happern to be fliping thru the NYTimes..............either Metro/Arts or Business section.............

I suddenly see........... [ Cue.....this is the lousy part of the story]

Big Exec at Island Recs Dies suddenly........

OMG

I recognize the name........

The wife's husband!

AND THAT wss the end of my small BUT GENUINE to be creativley-oprofessionaly involved with U2!

:sad: :sad:

the frustrating part for me was.......since it was the Death of someone.I felt i had to hide my bitter disappointemnt/upset.

I said to my sis & one o0f mutual friends { &u2 fan]..."oh, well"

when i wanted to REALLY kick/scream/cry.you name!

I have never spoken to wither of them again about it.

However when my sis came raving to me about how GREAT A R&R Film Rattle & hum was ..............
....I NEVER went to see it.

It wasn't a conciouos descision........one some level i knew I'd start crying like a baby at some point in the film.

I told this story ONCE maybe about........ 6 months into being a noob here at INTF.
I'm not sure anyone actually responded to me. I was not on too often at that point. maybe a lot of folks didn't beleive me.

Irt wasn't until I had been in PGP about 6 - 10 months [maybe longer] AFTER Several rounds of folks posting Tons 9of R&H phots off & on for a week or moer.that it all suddenly "RESURFACED".

SO i told it and FINALLY had the Comfort and understanding from my PGP gals :heart: that had been denied me [that i partly deinied myself} for nearly 20 years!

aND THAT'S the tale.

Drea said:
*checks chart to make sure* Yes! My phone can download true tones :hyper:

Apparently that's one of the only things my latest phone can do. Stupid lousy phone insurance which gave me a cheap lousy phone. I shoulda just saved the price of the monthly insurance and bought a new phone instead. :grumpy: Then I could have picked out a cool new phone. But noooooooo.

GG :hug::heart:
Where's DG to do some cage dancing for ya? :flirt:

Sad_Girl said:

:reject: I just realized I never replied to this

1. Somewhere out there was the theme song from 'An American Tale' ; the animated movie about a little russian mouse family migrating to America - the little boy mouse fivel gets separated from the others and sings that song. I used to sing it as a lullabye for naptime for Jeffy :)

somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
someone's thinking of me
and loving me tonight...

2. Somewhere out there is the title of a totally different song by a group named Our Lady Peace and is a personal favorite. it came out in 2003 or 2004 I think

1) Awww! :cute: That sounds like a cute movie, and a sweet memory. :heart:

2) And I was inquiring for that exact reason, Somewhere out there is a great song.
OLP :love:

Mine's a slightly older phone, since it was originally my sister's :lol: I don't care really what else it can do - I can send texts to my PGP girls, get phone calls and d/l U2 ringtones... me=happy :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

1) Awww! :cute: That sounds like a cute movie, and a sweet memory. :heart:

2) And I was inquiring for that exact reason, Somewhere out there is a great song.
OLP :love:

You have great taste :love: :flirt:

:sigh: with so many girls around I don't want to go to bed :sad: but I have to.

:hug: I'll be back tomorrow as always :heart:

GG I hope you feel better soon :heart:

~BrightestStar~ said:
:giggle: yes bri, sweetie.............here goes the caplette!

Dazz dear...was this the pic you were lookinf for?

bono0347.jpg

#WARNING#
I have NO IDEA IF this is anyone we know re INTFRNC OR CELEBRITY!

Gal: thot bubble:
.......uh UH! Oh, babieeeee!!!!!!! yes!!! *imgaines herself pumping victory fist, then further "action"*

Bono: Thot bubble:
Oh, YEAH, baby..oh..........OW....OUCH!!!:huh:
WTF????????????????:huh: :huh:
OH, FOOK.......it...........it's her UNDERWIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Be Gentle-- i think it's nearly my very first Photo cappie!!!
if i have done on before it's a LONG time back i din't even rember what it was..........:huh:

*takes TENTITIVE bow*

:wink:

I'm TELLING you.it's ALL the Victoria Secrets Catalouges that one of my former [nice] roomies used to get still arriving at OUR apt in the past several months! :lmao:

Last edited:
jobob said:
I've been pretty good. Still posting/lurking around the blue crack, still working, still looking for a new job.

Job hunting....that's always a fun one :banghead:
Have you seen anything of interest yet?

Awww I just missed GG!! :scream:
Hope you feel better!! :hug::heart:

Dazz - how's the room mate business going? Has it all been figured out?

Some stuff, mostly out of state (because my state's economy is so bad). I have this week off from work, and I plan to answer some ads and fill out applications/send out resumes while I'm off.

<-- agrees with Mucca's assessment of :banghead: when it comes to jobhunting.

Back
Top Bottom