PGP: Edge's Gentleman's Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, and buying an autograph that someone else got is just silly IMO, real or not. As you should know that they stole that opportunity from a real fan who had their heart broken just so they could make money off of it.

Don't support these scums.

I liked hearing GG speak French in Montreal!:wink:
Que? Je ne parle pas Francais! :ohmy:

From personal experience in NY this summer, the lowest forms of life are the ones getting them too. They nearly crushed me to death when I made an attempt to meet Edge outside of Letterman. It is fucking TERRIFYING not being able to breathe for 15 seconds. I wanted to cry like an 8 year old after that experience. My heart and body were crushed.

And please no one say "you should have come to X when I met him", because I did what I could this summer, but wasn't about to stalk him at every single show. I still believe that if it's meant to happen it's meant to happen, but the one time I really tried just made me want to never try again.

I know that experience. Had it in Brussels, summer 2010. We were at their hotel, there were shitloads of people. I had Bono right in front of me, about to hand him my setlist when a jackass scalper shoved his vinyl in front of my face. Brian recognized him and sent Bono the other way. :sigh: Edge didn't come near us either. Such a shame.

And it will happen one day. I still have faith that I'll meet Bono sometimes, and you will meet Edge. Did you save that phonecall?

:yawn: Holy shit what the heck it's almost 1am. I need to sleep! Work tomorrow.

:hug: G'nite ladies.

I have to admit that I never considered buying something like a picture with an autograph. I'd rather have a photo of the moment and maybe some DNA.

Oh, and buying an autograph that someone else got is just silly IMO, real or not. As you should know that they stole that opportunity from a real fan who had their heart broken just so they could make money off of it.

Agreed 100%. There's no value in an autograph if it doesn't have a true meeting story behind it.

And yet, magazines like Playboy are allowed? :huh:

This is why I need to move back to Europe. Americans are so weird.

Yeah, we are beyond strange.

:shifty: You could order it online on a European website. We have no censors here.

Yeah, only messy parts are international shipping and trying to convert from American dollars to Euros lol.

I've never tried to meet them because I just never get lucky with that stuff. I always hope I'll have a chance meeting when there's not so many people around.

I've never tried to meet them because I just never get lucky with that stuff. I always hope I'll have a chance meeting when there's not so many people around.

When we met Bono & Edge in July it took 3 hours of camping out to ensure front row spots because as time went on, the security and the crowd just got thicker and thicker. Well worth every second. :drool:
Only thing better than Bono's belly rub would have been if Ad' had come out. (Sorry B. You know my heart will always be Adam's. )

I know exactly what you guys mean too. The crowds all after their attention freak me out. That's why my Dallas meeting was so special. Just walking through the nearly empty parking lot with no one around and there he is. No other way would we have had the chance for him to just plop down on a concrete barrier and chat guitars with just us for 15-20 minutes. (And get a really good goodbye hug :shifty: ) I know he isn't U2 :wink: but it was still pretty special. :cute:

I thought it was so much easier to meet them during the Vertigo tour than it was during the 360 tour. I only saw a few 360 shows compared to what I saw on Vertigo but just looking at the amount of stories on Interference this time around, it seems like there were less meetings than before. I think the crowd waiting to meet them got a lot bigger so they either didn't stop or if they did stop they weren't able to get to everyone. The crowd size could be due to the fact that it was arena shows in the US last time so less people in general. But I think for this past tour more people knew how to find the band so the crowd size got larger because of that as well.

:up:

Yeah, we are beyond strange.
Yes. Yes we are. :shifty:

I thought it was so much easier to meet them during the Vertigo tour than it was during the 360 tour. I only saw a few 360 shows compared to what I saw on Vertigo but just looking at the amount of stories on Interference this time around, it seems like there were less meetings than before. I think the crowd waiting to meet them got a lot bigger so they either didn't stop or if they did stop they weren't able to get to everyone. The crowd size could be due to the fact that it was arena shows in the US last time so less people in general. But I think for this past tour more people knew how to find the band so the crowd size got larger because of that as well.

Yeah, and more shows per city. There were a lot of runner shows as they jet back to NY. Maybe if they do a 3-4 night stand in a city, you have more of a chance.

I would absolutely love to meet them, but I honestly hold no hope of that actually happening.

It took us two tours and four shows to do it. And that was just Bono and Edge. I really want Adam (and Larry as well) , but it's damn near impossible since I live in a tiny town and have to travel for shows, and we all know Ad' and Lar' rarely do pre-show meet-and-greet. :sad:

It took us two tours and four shows to do it. And that was just Bono and Edge. I really want Adam (and Larry as well) , but it's damn near impossible since I live in a tiny town and have to travel for shows, and we all know Ad' and Lar' rarely do pre-show meet-and-greet. :sad:

:hug:

Hey, my mom informed me of a really cool prospective idea for the next tour: if we have enough money, she'll send me to Dublin for the first show :)hyper:), then we rent an rv and follow them around the US. And she said I could invite people.... :shifty:

Of course, given the state of life right now, I highly doubt either will happen, but it would be nice if the rv thing did..... it'd be fun. :D

I have to admit that I never considered buying something like a picture with an autograph. I'd rather have a photo of the moment and maybe some DNA.

I licked my friend's palm after she shook hands with Bono.
I like to think he felt it.

:hug:
Hey, my mom informed me of a really cool prospective idea for the next tour: if we have enough money, she'll send me to Dublin for the first show :)hyper:), then we rent an rv and follow them around the US. And she said I could invite people.... :shifty:

Of course, given the state of life right now, I highly doubt either will happen, but it would be nice if the rv thing did..... it'd be fun. :D

The RV thing would be hilarious. But I doubt I'd be able to leave Mr CK and the kidlets for that long :lol:

We'd need a PLEBA bus by the time it was said and done, tbh. :hmm: I think it's actually been discussed before. :shifty:

I licked my friend's palm after she shook hands with Bono.
I like to think he felt it.

I transferred the Bono DNA from my tshirt to a baby blanket for the FroBaby as well as my Mrs. Clayton hat. :shifty: :reject:

The RV thing would be hilarious. But I doubt I'd be able to leave Mr CK and the kidlets for that long :lol:

We'd need a PLEBA bus by the time it was said and done, tbh. :hmm: I think it's actually been discussed before. :shifty:

I transferred the Bono DNA from my tshirt to a baby blanket for the FroBaby as well as my Mrs. Clayton hat. :shifty: :reject:

Kidlets would be allowed, I think.... :hmm: But that bus thing strikes me as a great idea....

Whichever one of us came up with that first is a genius. Now all that needs to happen is .... buses and fuel becoming cheaper. :D

There was some sort of Pleban bus organization thing a looooong ass time ago around here. :shifty: We all had official titles. Mine had something to do with buzzing Bono's hair i think. I know wayne travis was the bus driver. :lmao:

Why did we put the P there? Couldn't we have called ourselves BELA or something?:lol:

^yes (it is for Paul). Let's just pretend the P is also for Bono. I think we could use twice as much Bono to go round in here. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom