PGP: Detective Edge Awaits His Grape Jelly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy postwhoring last night! Impressive!:up:

Jem, I am still laughing at yor freudian slip! :lol:

VP. You're still up. :shocked:

Like GG I was allowed alcohol at home on occasions and holidays. So European.:lol: When I was 15 my mum would let me drink at friends houses ( probably knew we'd do it anyway so we were just told to be careful and do it inside. ) This relaxed approach meant I never felt it was a bad thing to do so therefore never went mad and off the rails like kids who drink cider in the park. :lol:

Wild love the pics. :love:

I am so tired. :crack: Need a cup of tea and food. :hungry::lol:

It's exactly that attitude we had as well. :yes: Though I did drink in the park that was mostly because my friends did, but if I wanted a beer at home I could get it. Now I still don't drink that much, sure a glass of whiskey, baileys or a beer in the weekend, and when my sister comes over we drink wine by dinner but most of the time I can't be arsed.

I do think that this way of raising your kids is so much more effective than the ONOEZ NOT ALCOHOL YOU MUST NOT EVER DRINK THAT POISON approach. If you tell a kid that it can't do something, they're bound to try it, simply because you say they shouldn't. So if you allow them stuff sometimes, when you can closely keep an eye on them, it's much safer and teaches them responsible behaviour.

mm smug Bono
12.jpg

Jem, I am still laughing at yor freudian slip! :lol:

Me too. :laugh: See location. :shifty:

It's exactly that attitude we had as well. :yes: Though I did drink in the park that was mostly because my friends did, but if I wanted a beer at home I could get it. Now I still don't drink that much, sure a glass of whiskey, baileys or a beer in the weekend, and when my sister comes over we drink wine by dinner but most of the time I can't be arsed.

I do think that this way of raising your kids is so much more effective than the ONOEZ NOT ALCOHOL YOU MUST NOT EVER DRINK THAT POISON approach. If you tell a kid that it can't do something, they're bound to try it, simply because you say they shouldn't. So if you allow them stuff sometimes, when you can closely keep an eye on them, it's much safer and teaches them responsible behaviour.

Totally agree. :up:

mm smug Bono
12.jpg

:ohmy: Do I have to go to this wedding. I wanna sit here and look at this all night. :drool:

:hyper: In my bedroom? :shifty: Awesome. :hyper::drool::faint: Finishes drying hair and straightening it and slips on dress and runs out door.

:sexywink:

:lol:

:shifty: That depends if your computer is in the bedroom or not.

:grumpy: This punk clip has so little Bono, it's mean! Nothing Bono on the Clash, nothing on Ramones. Found a pice of Bono on Patti Smith and Sex Pistols and am already halfway! :( Two measly clips of some seconds. Blaaaargh!

:shifty: That depends if your computer is in the bedroom or not.

:grumpy: This punk clip has so little Bono, it's mean! Nothing Bono on the Clash, nothing on Ramones. Found a pice of Bono on Patti Smith and Sex Pistols and am already halfway! :( Two measly clips of some seconds. Blaaaargh!

It can be wherever it wants with wireless. :sexywink:

Some is better than none. :shifty:

Oh my. I haven't said a thing! This clip even has U2 footage of a 1980 performance of I Will Follow with Bono commenting on it!!! And he scratches his beard again with his index finger. :drool:

OK I really have not said ANYTHING. He's now scratching his beard and straightening his collar. :combust:

The fixation I have with beardy Bono is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay obsessive. :reject:

Ok wtf. Something's weird. I found the clips that were supposed to be before Bono. But right after it are the credits. Bono's clip is not there. :scratch: wtf?

Finally caught up on everything. *phew* Interesting discussions! You need to talk about this stuff when I'm awake. :lol:

As a kid I grew up with wine always in the house. I remember the first time I tried champagne, and that was when I was 12. We were at this anniversary party, and my friends and I found a few bottles, then snuck them away to the basement so we could have our own party. :lmao: I didn't get drunk, but I was definitely tipsy.

My parents had an interesting approach to alcohol with me. I did drink with my friends occasionally, but never enough to be drunk until one night when I was 16, and came home absolutely bombed. The next day we had a talk, and since my parents were REALLY conservative back then (not so much any more :lol: ), they made a deal with me. If I didn't drink again without their permission until my 21st birthday (why they picked 21 instead of 19 is strange, but whatever), they'd give me a thousand bucks. It was an easy thing to do, since I didn't really care too much about drinking, and if I was ever with my parents I could always have wine or champagne or whatever. Plus, the promise of a large amount of cash was very enticing. I'm easily bribed. :lol:

But then I hit 21 and I went absolutely CRAZY. I spent a few months in Ireland for school, and I was drunk at least half of that time. :lol: :reject: I eventually toned it down after a few years. :lol:

I'm definitely NOT going to do things the way my parents did. :lol:

I love all your story but this bit is hilarious. Not suprising since you were in Europe/Ireland. :lmao:

I know!! :lmao: I was overseas for the first time, so I went a bit nuts. :lol: It was funny - in my exchange program there were 8 girls. For the first half of the trip, we were split into 2 rooms at our hostel. I'm SO glad that in my room we were all the crazy ones, so we had SUCH a blast going out drinking every night and partying. :giggle: If any of the other quieter girls had been rooming with us, it wouldn't have been the same. Us 4 were always getting into trouble, and almost got our group kicked out of the hostel. :lmao: Ahh, memories! :love:

Hey, it's Ireland. You were only trying to blend in Thora! :yes:
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal you made with your parents!

It was definitely a sweet deal. I may or may not have blown that entire thousand bucks on booze when I went to Europe. :shifty: :lol:

It was a good thing for the most part, but I'm sure they did it to prevent me from going overly nutty with the booze. They just delayed it a few years. :D

:lol: Oh nice, spend it all on booze.

Well that's exactly what I meant with my story. When you tell a kid not to, they'll just do it anyway and usually more excessive. I have known a few kids from highschool who were jehova's kids. They all hated it and as soon as they were 18 one moved out, she got married with some random low life and is now happily married with kid. The other, a guy, has become the biggest party boy you'll ever see.
May be just random occasions, but I see it as a result of growing up with way too many restrictions.

Brb. pizza's almost done. I may or may not be drinking tonight. :shifty:

BJ is a game on facebook! Bejewelled Blitz. We have just given it a pleban nickname!:wink:

Yeah, that's it!:shifty:

:lol: Oh nice, spend it all on booze.

Well that's exactly what I meant with my story. When you tell a kid not to, they'll just do it anyway and usually more excessive. I have known a few kids from highschool who were jehova's kids. They all hated it and as soon as they were 18 one moved out, she got married with some random low life and is now happily married with kid. The other, a guy, has become the biggest party boy you'll ever see.
May be just random occasions, but I see it as a result of growing up with way too many restrictions.

Brb. pizza's almost done. I may or may not be drinking tonight. :shifty:

Exactly. When I have kids I want to do things differently. Make it accessible if they want it, and not put such a stigma on it, like my parents did when we were kids. We're Christians, and for all of my growing up years my parents were SUPER conservative about everything. It just made me want to rebel and do the things they said not to do.

Now that I'm an adult, my parents and I have talked about all that, and they admitted they regretted the way they did some things with my brother and I. I appreciated that. It was pretty stifling at times.

But now whenever I hang out with my parents, we get drunk together and it's awesome. :lol: They've really chilled out a lot, which is fun. :D

Back
Top Bottom