PGP - Celebrating POP U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonoishot said:

Animation1bonoflirt.gif

Omg..this one messes with your head :crack:

:crazy:

it's like it just keeps going faster, and faster...

:lol:

I had ANOther screw up w the bank/credit card cos. :mad:
I sent the money in but I DIDN"t realize that ....my new on-line credit card payment system account was NOT automatically switched from my old account to the NEW one. SO I got hit with more fees....and a fucking call at 8:15 in the morning, to ask for a payemnt! :mad::scream:

-------------------------------------------

Other than that ...........it was a beautiful day weather-wise. Got tomatoes from the greenmarket.

Got to Art studio way late...worked on a "painting" Art-'puter paintng a rose. :love:

"Me & a friend & an acquaitnce walked down to WOrld Financial Center aND the park above it.

Sat by the water just after sunset into mid eve. I worked on my jewelry.:drool:

then I slowly made my way up here..
-------------------------------------------------------

"Today"-- 9/9 back in '01 was The LAst Time I saw The Towers.
I had come down from the 42nd St Netcafe, when it USED TO be 24 hrs, and have Word Program[used the draw sub-program] to work on my parents 50th anniv card .

It had to be out by a certain dateso do i burned the midnight oil!

Tiy was ooooo beautiful out I took the bus that would take me to the WFC & Battery City Park, west of The Towers, so i couild sit there for a while before i headed back into Brooklyn.

The bus passed right above the WTC under a bridge that connected the complex to WTC building #7. That's the one that fell later that day in afternoon.

SO i could see the upper haLF of Towers from down on the street.

ANd 2 weeks earkier i walked across the Plaza into the South Tower and down into the mezanine.
I hadn't down thaT THAT walk in a while .....so thank goodness I had fresh memories to remember.

Last edited:
Yeah, I couldn't believe they got in a fight; I thought Ruff was over Bono since she started dating Christian Bale :lol:

It was a particularly nice wedding :yes: :love:

I'm guessing you haven't read the chapters yet :shifty:

Dazz :madwife: I hate bank snafu's :grumpy: what a pain
I hope you get them worked out soon

I rented movies tonight, went to the same place I usually go, and the guy there knows I rent a lot of horror/sci-fi type movies. Tonight was not really a lot different, I rented Ninth Gate and the Visitation .... and then I also rented 'Take the lead' which is a movie starring Antonio Banderas about a ballroom dance instructor who reaches out to troubled inner city kids. :eyebrow: :lol:

We decided it was probably the scariest movie of the bunch :wink:

as it turns out, I really really enjoyed it :up: :up: it was a great little film

~BrightestStar~ said:

lol:mad: Ruff and Jem!
My wedding entertainment I guess...

:ohmy:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I LOVE the Brocade wedding dress!
Congrats To sim!Bri & sim!orli !!

Lovely Houses SG, as usual! :drool:

:( I'm sorry my typing is SO atrocious! I'm NOT in my usual area here.the comp is just a tad too far away [it's bolted down] so can't quite see so clearly unless i really stretch foward.

I am going to fix that post up more BRB!

Hi Weldy :hug:

I'm glad you like it :)

and it's strange - on one hand it seems like 9/11/01 was yesterday - on the other hand it's hard to remember the way the world was before that

Dazz, :lol: yep, that's where I was

and it's cool you found a cafe where you can watch the clips :up:

Sad_Girl said:
Hi Weldy :hug:

I'm glad you like it :)

and it's strange - on one hand it seems like 9/11/01 was yesterday - on the other hand it's hard to remember the way the world was before that

That's because before 9/11...we had a naive and more simpler time.

And it does feel like yesterday sometimes....I still remember some parts of that day...when I was at school :sigh:

Sad_Girl said:
[

Dazz, :lol: yep, that's where I was

and it's cool you found a cafe where you can watch the clips :up: [/B]

:lmao: :lmao:

I :love: :love: SIm HomeMovies!!! :giggle: :cute: & :uhoh: {the "dust-ups]

------------------------------------

Luckily i don't think about it every day, but still a bunch of times a week. swometimes more than once in a day.
I can tune back very fast.should the memories be triggered [NOT in PTSS way[THANK The Powers].

Or should i deliberatley chose to think about various aspect of THAT day.

There's also the various times since, as I went down and photographed the site in Nov & dec.Then later in the late spring or early soummer.

I have usually gone to the site in the evening on 9/11.. sometimes attend various memorials that day not in the area etc. And since my Sis loves taking the Staten Island ferr- she associates The Towers w the ferry view, where as I associate Them from around The World Financial Area, The battery City Park area......we usally have gone on the ferry and back.

Itis EXTRODINARY to se The Tower Lights........ANYWHERE.but it's very incredible to see The Lights up close Or from the Ferry.

in fact I was startled Tonight.B/c The y had the Lights on TONIGHT. They usually only put them up the ONE night, except the first 6m Month Ainversary. where they were on for ? a monyh. OMG THAT Was sooooo dramtically sad AND peaceful.

They probably have them on extra b/c it has been 5 yrs.

Last edited:
Dazz :hug: I can't even begin to imagine what it must've been like for New Yorkers. Americans all felt it so keenly, but there is a deeper sorrow for the people whose daily lives changed; people who lost so much... people who lived at the center of the chaos

just some basic stuff about an illness, Dazz, from a patients perspective. It's one of those things you think you know enough about until you try to describe it from the point of view of someone going through it

Sad_Girl said:
Dazz :hug: I can't even begin to imagine what it must've been like for New Yorkers. Americans all felt it so keenly, but there is a deeper sorrow for the people whose daily lives changed; people who lost so much... people who lived at the center of the chaos

The folks nearby and /or were injured phyiscally /or lost family, friends or co-works.........:sad: :sad: :sad: ...those people had it the EXTREME WORST! AND ALSO the rescue/recovery/and dismantling stuff iron-workers.

But discivering it all happening right at the end in a near-flash AND seeing part of the the cloud of destruction in Realtime when i put 2 + 2 together, and realized the "happy summer cloud" rising up from behind the near-by buildings wasn't the usual colors of that time of day/season & NORMAL cloud...whites, pale- mid- blues and grays for shadows..........which is how my
NOT KNOWING anything was even happening at that point.

Then hearing on the walkman which i fianally switched on after leaving the house " the firemen covered in ash/building collapsing/ it looks like a Movie, but it ISN'T" RealTime comments......withOUT knowing it WAS the Towers till after they were gone.when they SAID thaT... :scream: :scream:

baaaaaaaaaad stuff.........
iT could have been MUCH WORSE FOR me...... seen it worse....like walking a diferent way and SEEing the whole bottom half of Lower Manhattan engulfed in the Debris Cloud WITHOUT knowing anything .....or knowing this was happening SOMEWHERE but NOT suspecting The Towers/Attack.....

I could have fainted on the spott. Hit my head etc! I WAS Veryyyyyyyyy LUCKY!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
just some basic stuff about an illness, Dazz, from a patients perspective. It's one of those things you think you know enough about until you try to describe it from the point of view of someone going through it

:yes:

makes sense!

I often have trouble and I can be a superb visuallizser...often really seeing when fightes hand to hand or with no guns.etc are being described by writers......AKA SF FanFic!!! :huh:

i gotta go in 10 mins.so lets end on some FUN notes!!!!!!

I saw you put in Palm trees in which ever sim!couples house. I love palm trees, though I've only seen them......... :hmm: 3 times in my life.OTHER than in a Bontanic Garden Greenhouse!

i love those houses. a lot of work, but think a lot of fun in the results.
And oh was THAT a dexty dress sim!carmel was wearing at one of the sim1weddings! :drool:

I'll take it in Royal Blue!!! :hyper: :giggle:

or red, or fushia! :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom