PGP: Bring me the head of Eno, real or fake..for tweeting shite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my mom moved into the place she's in now, she hasn't been able to call me. she can't remember phone numbers anymore, and they'd just gotten new phones in the place, but no one could figure out how to program them. So, she hasn't been able to call. Then my sister told me that as of last weekend her phone is programmed, but that as of last night, my mom said she hadn't called anyone because "she has no reason to." Then out of the blue, she called me tonight!!! It was SO nice!! And I've been bawlng my eyes out since. :lol: Probably sounds crazy, but when you're in that position, little things like your parent being able to call you mean a lot. :)

Hey, 'member how I said I smelled skunk last night... and how my cat was out...? Weeeeeeeeeeell... I'm going to give my grumpy big fat cat a bath with hydrogen peroxide & baking soda :huh:

How to Bathe a Cat - wikiHow

Yikes. My dog got sprayed twice, and the only thing that would take the smell away was multiple baths in baking soda, peroxide and dish soap, you can find the proportions online I can't even imagine doing that to a cat, though. Good luck!

Hey, 'member how I said I smelled skunk last night... and how my cat was out...? Weeeeeeeeeeell... I'm going to give my grumpy big fat cat a bath with hydrogen peroxide & baking soda :huh:

I will wish you luck. We had to do MULTIPLE flea baths over the summer because somehow our dog brought them in. (Never mind she's a 5lb chihuahua who is either walked or on a leash and gets monthly flea treatments.) We had to bathe the dog, then bathe the KITTEN who had incredibly tiny and sharp claws. Then apply flea treatments. We had a pair of pissed off animals in our house, let me tell you. In the end, we ended up ditching the treatments in favor of flea collars (way more effective AND cheaper), bombing the house (which meant loading Lil CK and both animals into the backseat - yay for dual pet carriers), and cleaning like crazy. It was nuts.

So you have my sympathies in the battle of Zu vs. skunky kitty. :hug:

Since my mom moved into the place she's in now, she hasn't been able to call me. she can't remember phone numbers anymore, and they'd just gotten new phones in the place, but no one could figure out how to program them. So, she hasn't been able to call. Then my sister told me that as of last weekend her phone is programmed, but that as of last night, my mom said she hadn't called anyone because "she has no reason to." Then out of the blue, she called me tonight!!! It was SO nice!! And I've been bawlng my eyes out since. :lol: Probably sounds crazy, but when you're in that position, little things like your parent being able to call you mean a lot. :)

aw :hug: Glad to hear they finally got it worked out and that you could talk to her!

My parents just moved my grandma into a really really nice place about 1/2 mile from them. Apparently she's perfectly happy until a member of the family comes by and then she says she's so unhappy and nobody talks to her. The nurses say that she's gone out for walks and met people and everything, but she doesn't remember that happening. I'm so scared to see her next week. It's just not... her ya know?

Yikes. My dog got sprayed twice, and the only thing that would take the smell away was multiple baths in baking soda, peroxide and dish soap, you can find the proportions online I can't even imagine doing that to a cat, though. Good luck!

well, that happened. We did the bakingsoda/peroxide/soap thing. I think her heart would explode from stress if we had to do that again. But everyone escaped unscathed.

Funny thing is, I can't smell it but my husband has been walking around the house with "gross face" since he got home. Me, who could smell that he'd been smoking hours after the event, and after he'd changed his shirt and brushed his teeth, can't smell it but he can. I find that a little lolzy.

aw :hug: Glad to hear they finally got it worked out and that you could talk to her!

My parents just moved my grandma into a really really nice place about 1/2 mile from them. Apparently she's perfectly happy until a member of the family comes by and then she says she's so unhappy and nobody talks to her. The nurses say that she's gone out for walks and met people and everything, but she doesn't remember that happening. I'm so scared to see her next week. It's just not... her ya know?

well, that happened. We did the bakingsoda/peroxide/soap thing. I think her heart would explode from stress if we had to do that again. But everyone escaped unscathed.

:hug: I know. I'd hear constantly from her that she was bored, sat in her room all day, but then staff would say she was engaged, went out for all activities. who knows. I think what you have to do is sort of let them lead the conversation. Talk about what they want to talk about. :hug:

Bedtime for me, I think. Between the wine and crying, I'm tired. :lol: night all.

VP, I'm so glad you had a happy moment with your mom.

:shifty:

Also, apple cider vinegar works WONDERS. (our dog was sprayed by a skunk once... and the first thing she did was go rub on my grandfather. IT WAS HILARIOUS.)

Awww :cute: Glad you got to talk to her.

Oh no!! :ohmy:

We got 2!:hyper:

Maybe we can get together if you can work it out with your schedule!:hug:

We have some, but not a lot. It has been really cold though!:crack:

The seats are lower, back corner. K and I got into the ticket buying window at the same time, but her seats were better. I refreshed and tried again, and no lowers were left. That was less than 2 minutes in. We are so happy!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom