PGP: Brb, gone off to party in Montreal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess it would work okay if you and your friends got a consecutive series of numbers? The odds that the draw would fall within the numbers of your particular group and split you up would be pretty small, I think. They must make allowances for families and stuff if that happens...

Later Dazzled. :hug:

OOOH got it, I TOTALLY misunderstood what you said before. I had to go back and reread it, sorry! My fault. :doh:

Yeah, that's my understanding of the Bruce system.

With friends, I think you'd just have to make plans to go together to get your numbers. It doesn't matter if you're there right away or later, so you don't have to panic about "I can get there at 8 but my friend can't get there until 10!" because your chances are the same either way.

I just hate hearing about asshattery in GA lines, because then I wonder if it's people I know (as now I do know people who are generally at the front of the line at the shows they go to), and I would hate to find that out about them. :(

oh right ....GA/ Bruce rules

I didn't know BUT
one tour year for Bruce I was lined up to get seats for me & sis and ?2 friends and they did the numbers and then did the random number pull
so that that person (whatever #) became the first in line to by tixs etc

:hmm: it was the old :( Tower Records w Ticket Master just a block away from the Juliard School of Music and further down Lincoln Center.

Yeah, that old school Ticketmaster lottery is pretty much the same thing, I think.
i don't think so....... when I and friends got on line for tixs it was first there, first get

BUT

what I mentioned but forgot to say was was
that this with the picking random # and reorganize the ticcket line was for a Springteen show via Ticketmaster

Oh, gotcha.

But didn't they used to do that back in ye olden days when you had to line up at a Ticketmaster outlet to buy tickets? That they did a lottery for buying tickets? Maybe it wasn't the same as the Bruce (i.e., we drew #23, so that's where the line starts), but I thought I recall them having a random type thing to try and prevent camping out.

Oh, gotcha.

But didn't they used to do that back in ye olden days when you had to line up at a Ticketmaster outlet to buy tickets? That they did a lottery for buying tickets? Maybe it wasn't the same as the Bruce (i.e., we drew #23, so that's where the line starts), but I thought I recall them having a random type thing to try and prevent camping out.

the Bruce tixs were trying to prevent scaLPERS

um........ i remember sometimes you had to mail your request in and that went through a lottery or a pick out .....

we're talking back in ?late 70's early 80's

and most of the the time BACK THEN..... excpet for Bruce & The WHo

me, sis & some friends were mostly in the clubs for the Punk/New Wave Bands

That is so true. But they are needed for certain things... :shifty:

Ya know, like mowing the lawn when you don't want to and shit like that. :D

Ha! I seem to be doing okay without...a lawn mower. ;)

OOOH got it, I TOTALLY misunderstood what you said before. I had to go back and reread it, sorry! My fault. :doh:

I probably explained it in such a convoluted manner that no one could understand it. :lol:

Oh, gotcha.

I remember hearing about that happening, too. Any line up I was ever in was first come, first served. So I'm not sure if it was done by particular outlets, or for certain acts.

VP's former work crush shows up now! :huh::hug:

I was so busy today, I didn't even think of it till I was posting about Persistent Bob's call. But now that I think of it, it was...very odd. He just hung out there! At my desk! For like 15 minutes! :huh: All my dept was on lunch, so it was only me in there, and another girl who eats at her desk, but she's down from me, and wasn't part of the convo. So yeah, I don't even know. :huh:

eta - see you Dazzled. :hug: Good luck with the tickets!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm sorry. :hug:

*passes Wild a drink*

What's going on? Or would you rather talk about pervy stuff instead to take your mind off it?

I made my first purchases off Etsy: one is a little necklace with three circular charms, and they say "Dream" and "Out" and "Loud." And it came to me from Ireland, so it's perfect. I really like it.

The other is a halter top that was made from an old, green PopMart tee shirt. It has the three Popmart symbols (shopping cart, lemon and ... something else. I'm too lazy to go look), and the PopMart logo on the back. It is SO COOL. I was worried that even as a medium, it would be too tight, but it's juuuuuuust this side of "too much."

I might have to wear it to Moncton. I can't wear it to Minneapolis, not with my parents there. :lol:

Eyes on the prize Wild! :sexywink: :hug:

bono360joeahorro3.jpg

bono360joeahorro1.jpg

bono360joeahorro2.jpg

bono360joeahorro4.jpg

No, do soundboard! Dance party!

It's not like even on the front rail you're that close where you can reach out and lick the beads of sweat off his ne ........

um ...........

I'm sorry, what was the question?

No, do soundboard! Dance party!

It's not like even on the front rail you're that close where you can reach out and lick the beads of sweat off his ne ........

um ...........

I'm sorry, what was the question?

I actually wanted to go for outside rail, but, uh...

Sure Bono, incapacitate my decision-making abilities, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom