PGP: Bono, take off the platforms, OR get Spanxed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like Comet, I'm also forgetting one, but :shrug: it'll be figured out eventually

Actually I figured it out a couple posts after that. There were 4 more he read we can add to that list. ;)

:wave: Going to go catch up on the thread, then watch Dexter while addressing pleban christmas cards. Then to bed a little earlier for Disneyland tomorrow :hyper:

(Zooey it would have been fun to go with you guys, but our passes are about to blackout for the holidays. :( )

Okay girly PGPers, I need your help. Does anyone remember that dress I posted a pic of that I bought several weeks ago? I'm wearing it to our Christmas party this weekend. It's not a party dress per se, but it's a dress you could wear to a party or to work, depending on how you accessorize. I can't post a pic because it's sold out now and no longer on the website.

Tonight I bought an adorable :love: pair of black patent leather pumps. They're quite girly - kitten heel, the upper has a gold buckle closer to the foot and some stitching closer to the toe. In between the buckle and the stitching, there is a small cut out, but it's up from the toe, my toes aren't exposed at all.

Question - bare legs (it's been cold here, around freezing!), nylons or tights, and if so, what colour? Patterned or plain?

HELP!

I could probably stand bare legs, but it IS cold. And it would be far less complicated!

Oh, and if it matters, from what I've been told, the dress at these parties ranges from jeans to gowns. :lol: Diverse crowd. I know a lot of women from our department are wearing pants or skirts and a nice top.

:reject:

*is no good at accessorizing for dresses*

That reminds me.... I'm gonna be getting some cards to send out soon....

does anyone here want one? *will be more than happy to have someone to send a card to*

(Zooey it would have been fun to go with you guys, but our passes are about to blackout for the holidays. :( )

yeah, that's what everyone's been saying. That's okay - some other time, I guess.

Okay girly PGPers, I need your help. Does anyone remember that dress I posted a pic of that I bought several weeks ago? I'm wearing it to our Christmas party this weekend. It's not a party dress per se, but it's a dress you could wear to a party or to work, depending on how you accessorize. I can't post a pic because it's sold out now and no longer on the website.

Tonight I bought an adorable :love: pair of black patent leather pumps. They're quite girly - kitten heel, the upper has a gold buckle closer to the foot and some stitching closer to the toe. In between the buckle and the stitching, there is a small cut out, but it's up from the toe, my toes aren't exposed at all.

Question - bare legs (it's been cold here, around freezing!), nylons or tights, and if so, what colour? Patterned or plain?

HELP!

I could probably stand bare legs, but it IS cold. And it would be far less complicated!

Oh, and if it matters, from what I've been told, the dress at these parties ranges from jeans to gowns. :lol: Diverse crowd. I know a lot of women from our department are wearing pants or skirts and a nice top.

I love going bare legged but if you MUST wear something, I'd go black stockings. i don't like "neutral" or "flesh" colored and tights would be fine but they're not sexy / party wear, imho.

and, plz to be postin pics of the outfit!

VP, it's hard to say. What colour is the dress again? I'm not the best at this, but if you have a solid coloured dress, I think black tights would be fine. If you have a chunky coloured necklace or other cool accessories to wear, that will add extra oomph to it.

yeah, that's what everyone's been saying. That's okay - some other time, I guess.

I love going bare legged but if you MUST wear something, I'd go black stockings. i don't like "neutral" or "flesh" colored and tights would be fine but they're not sexy / party wear, imho.

and, plz to be postin pics of the outfit!

:sexywink:

Yeah, where you live you could probably do bare legs year round, but here, from a comfort standpoint, I'm sure I could do it now, it's cold but not frigid yet, I just don't want to look stupid.

Speaking of sexy (I'm really not *that* concerned with, there'll be no one there to bother attracting, I'm sure), I did have a funny exchange with my former work crush today. Maybe my mind's just perpetually in the gutter and I read innuendo into everything, but... :hmm:

I had just opened a door to go through and he came up behind me, so I held the door for him - something I'd do for anyone, I was raised to have manners and it stuck. So he went through and said "thank you! I'm not used to this, usually I'm the giver." I was all :ohmy: and then I said "sometimes it's nice to be the receiver," and I said it in a innuendo-laced tone. He said "yes...yes it is." And then we went our separate ways. :lol:

comet , I scored a bunch of stickers becuase of your help with the show times , haha
Thankyou!

:giggle: yay!

Morning all :wave:

Woke up with a super sore throat :grumpy:

Quick question, does anyone have that picture of Adam where it's a close up of his face and he's wearing kinda pinkish tinted glasses?? It's a bigger picture.

Boo on the sore throat! :( :hug:

:sexywink: on the Adam pic.

You're missing Beckett. :hmm: Not sure what it was called, but he did something in... 2005?

:hmm: Do you have that? Because I have the one he actually wrote ABOUT Beckett, but so far I can't find him reading Beckett, though I do know he did. I'm sure I have it somewhere but this has been an adventure going through my files to find all these. :uhoh: I wish I was an organized person.

My updated list (still not complete! Needs Beckett I know.) And I'm still gathering the audio to them all.

1. Mother of God - Yeats (English)
2. Mother of God - Yeats (Spanish)
3. Roll The Dice - Charles Bukowski
4. The Crunch - Charles Bukowski
5. L'Incontro - (w/Andrea Boccelli)
6. Driving to Midnight Mass On a Dublin Christmas Eve - John F Dean
7. The Ballad of Reading Gaol - Oscar Wilde (Bono & Gavin Friday)
8. God's Laughter - Brendan Kennelly
9. American David - Bono
10. Get Lost - Herman Brood
11. Un Homage a Maestro Samuel Beckett - Bono
12. The Host Of The Air - Yeats
13. When You Are Old - Yeats
14. He Wishes For The Clothes For Heaven - Yeats
15. No Second Troy - Yeats

I did just read it, :hug: Sorry I have nothing to offer. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress, but it's measurable in whole years. :reject:

:lol: Me too! At least in the winter. Bare legs every other season.

Anyway, thanks everyone. :hug: At least I know now it's a preference/style thing, and I really can't go wrong.

Actually, the more I think of it, the more I like the fishnets idea. It'd add some edge (heh) to the outfit.

You can find a nice fine fishnet. It will dress and tart it up. ROWR. Hey, you live once unless you are Buddhist.

:sexywink:

Yeah, where you live you could probably do bare legs year round, but here, from a comfort standpoint, I'm sure I could do it now, it's cold but not frigid yet, I just don't want to look stupid.

Speaking of sexy (I'm really not *that* concerned with, there'll be no one there to bother attracting, I'm sure), I did have a funny exchange with my former work crush today. Maybe my mind's just perpetually in the gutter and I read innuendo into everything, but... :hmm:

I had just opened a door to go through and he came up behind me, so I held the door for him - something I'd do for anyone, I was raised to have manners and it stuck. So he went through and said "thank you! I'm not used to this, usually I'm the giver." I was all :ohmy: and then I said "sometimes it's nice to be the receiver," and I said it in a innuendo-laced tone. He said "yes...yes it is." And then we went our separate ways. :lol:

love it!
And yes, it does get cold here, but I could certainly get away with bare legs for about 9.5 months out of the year.

It's a black dress. Maybe some small fishnets? LIke fishnet tights - not like hooker fishnets.

hmm.. I don't usually like patterned tights on women over... 30(?). But then again, I was all about the argyle knee socks last winter so who am I to judge?

Oh, and I got my spanxy thing on the weekend!! So on the off-chance that there will be any action to be had, it'll be delayed by approx 45 minutes while I peel it off me.

:lol:

Bono pics are number one on the list of acceptable distractions (followed closely by The Edge, Larry, and Adam, in any order and/or combination :wink:)

Oh, I was just worried no one wanted a card from me because they'll be store-bought. :reject: I have no resources right now for making cards... *really really wishes she could find her scanner/printer*

*also has no experience with the exchanging of Christmas cards with the exception of one year with her brother* :reject:

Here are a few

BonoKeepAChildAliveAliciaKeysDocumentary11-29-2011TribecaGrandHotelNY1.jpg

BonoKeepAChildAliveAliciaKeysDocumentary11-29-2011TribecaGrandHotelNY2.jpg

BonoKeepAChildAliveAliciaKeysDocumentary11-29-2011TribecaGrandHotelNY13.jpg

BonoKeepAChildAliveAliciaKeysDocumentary11-29-2011TribecaGrandHotelNY18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom