PGP: Bono, take off the platforms, OR get Spanxed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol - my son is so mellow. He'll just say something like "Really??? ALRIGHT!" and he'll hug me and say thank you about a hundred times. :cute: But probably nothing worth video taping.

This weekend he fell into a cactus and I had to get a bunch of little hair-like needles out with tweezers and then use wax strips to get the rest. He thanked me about 5 times that day and then again when I picked him up from school yesterday. Kids are funny.

Aw, GR, too bad it was Yale and not Hah-vaaad. Doesn't one of his daughters go to Yale?
I know one of them goes to NYU b/c a former student of mine has classes with her :shh:

I heard they were in school in New York. Maybe Columbia since that's right in NY? Yale is in Conn.

However, our Dean is a big champion for Darfur and under developed African countries. If only they could meet....she's big into public ventures.

Alright ladies, where can a person find all this Bono reading poetry? I have a sudden need to go all weak in the knees.

ETA: located on youtube....swooning commencing...

oh well, take care - maybe I'll talk to you someday :sad:

:ohmy::hyper: zuuuuu??!!!:hug: 2 days in a row???!!!

awww missed you.....:(

have a good gym session! :wave:

oooh so not fair !

you miss me one day , I miss you the next! :grumpy:

:hmm: how can we remedy this .....

:lightbulb:

you go northeast and I'll go west & a bit south
and we'll meet up in Cincinnati at the R&R Hall of Fame! :hyper:

;D

awww, thanks! :D

i love reading the Captions thread! :lmao:

Home from the stores. It's SO dark outside, and it's not even 3pm. :uhoh: I can't see any forecast of storms/snow (apparently the rest of the week is going to be sunny), but it sure does look ominous out there!

U217: it relaxed me so much last night that I slept.

A LONG time. :shifty:

And yet, I had a dream about Edge. :ohmy:

Most of my U2 dreams are really abstract but there's usually a point where somebody goes, "Oh, and that's his wife over there." Dreams are supposed to be an alternate universe, people.

Most of my U2 dreams are really abstract but there's usually a point where somebody goes, "Oh, and that's his wife over there." Dreams are supposed to be an alternate universe, people.

Ya know, I've never had that problem. :D My dreams, they're usually single.

Unless it's an Adam dream, then they all have they're families with them, which I find hilarious for some reason.

Ya know, I've never had that problem. :D My dreams, they're usually single.

Unless it's an Adam dream, then they all have they're families with them, which I find hilarious for some reason.

I'm usually not me in my dreams, so why do they have to be? Not fair.

I just saw this.....

The Blu-ray and DVD release includes bonus footage of So Cruel, Love Is Blindness, and The Fly shot last May during the band’s visit to Hansa Studios to mark the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby. It also includes a Q&A with Bono, The Edge and Davis Guggenheim filmed at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

U2 Y U SUCK ALL MY MONEY DRY???

18x24" prep for the 8" drawing is done. I chose The Mists Of Avalon as the book it'd be based off of...because really, I couldn't think of anything else with large objects that would fill up 8ft vertically *cough*sword*cough* If he bitches about it being too simple, I will slap him one, because there are eventually going to be sooo many details that I have to guess because really, who owns these things...

So much for non-drowsy Day-Quill. I just passed out for a half hour. But the bonus is that I feel SO much better now. :lol: I wonder how quickly the night meds will make me pass out... :lol:

I just saw this.....

The Blu-ray and DVD release includes bonus footage of So Cruel, Love Is Blindness, and The Fly shot last May during the band’s visit to Hansa Studios to mark the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby. It also includes a Q&A with Bono, The Edge and Davis Guggenheim filmed at the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

Yup. I'll definitely be buying this as well.

Which reminds me - I need to call one of my Seattle friends to see if I can have the AB set mailed to her house. I meant to do that yesterday, but forgot.

I just saw this.....

My mom has been wondering what to get me for Christmas... :hmm:

But, seriously, why does PMcG need all our money? :sad:

I just saw this.....

Oh, screw them. It's stuff like this that makes me pro-piracy.

From the last thread: Add me to the list of people who hated Jemima J. I loves me some chick lit. That ain't good chick lit. Give me Sophie Kinsella's dopey Shopaholic over that one any day.

I'm trying to find the Bono poetry, what was that list again?

I just saw this.....

Must get this :hyper:

Ladies, Trader Joe's has peppermint/candy cane flavored Trader Joe's version of Oreos. I may have fallen in love.

Oh, screw them. It's stuff like this that makes me pro-piracy.

From the last thread: Add me to the list of people who hated Jemima J. I loves me some chick lit. That ain't good chick lit. Give me Sophie Kinsella's dopey Shopaholic over that one any day.

I'm trying to find the Bono poetry, what was that list again?

Okay here's my Bono reciting poetry list so far. the first time i heard him recite the one with the Andrea Boccelli I cried. :reject:

1. Mother of God - Yeats (English)
2. Mother of God - Yeats (Spanish)
3. Roll The Dice - Charles Bukowski
4. The Crunch - Charles Bukowski
5. L'Incontro - (w/Andrea Boccelli)
6. Driving to Midnight Mass On a Dublin Christmas Eve - John F Dean
7. The Ballad of Reading Gaol - Oscar Wilde (Bono & Gavin Friday)
8. God's Laughter - Brendan Kennelly
9. American David - Bono
10. Get Lost - Herman Brood

I know I'm totally missing one too. I'll have to figure it out.

Should I upload them all? You guys might be able to find them on you tube, but if there are any you can't find let me know.

Like Comet, I'm also forgetting one, but :shrug: it'll be figured out eventually

Ladies, Trader Joe's has peppermint/candy cane flavored Trader Joe's version of Oreos. I may have fallen in love.

What's Trader Joe's?

Like Comet, I'm also forgetting one, but :shrug: it'll be figured out eventually

What's Trader Joe's?

Thank you for that list! Trader Joe's is a supermarket chain, they're kind of earthy crunchy but not as expensive as Wholefoods Market or other stores like that. A lot of their stuff has their own brand on it. They lean towards organic and locally grown produce and such, but definitely have good prices. I shop there more than the regular supermarket.

What's Trader Joe's?

:ohmy: You don't know?! Damn, you're missing out. It's a fabulous grocery store. We don't have it in Canada, but I go every time I'm in the States.

It's funny - I was talking with the cashier this weekend there, and he was looking at my credit card/ID and was getting all confused because obviously they look different than US ones. He was getting a kick out of how excited I was to be buying all the stuff that I did. :lol:

Hopefully one day they'll be in Canada, but thankfully there is one about 45 minutes away from my house (I live in a border town), so it's not too bad. :)

I found and converted a few of the poems and also found some other interesting poetry being read by various folks while wandering through youtube.

Back
Top Bottom