PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear your MIL is going to be okay, GR!

And way to go on the radio interview, K! I would have been so nervous too. :lol: I HATE the way my voice sounds on the radio. :lol:

They're gonna play it every day up until the challenge starts on April 15th :ohmy:

I'd be under the table if he was the interviewer :shifty:

Awww well glad to hear she's generally okay.

It's not polite to talk with your mouth full

I saw that Thora hated the way she sounded on the radio. Scary - it's been almost 15 years since I've been on the radio. I still have tapes (yes cassettes) of some of my old shows. I have a voice and face for radio. Or I did have a voice for radio. Now my voice just sounds ridiculously low.

I saw that Thora hated the way she sounded on the radio. Scary - it's been almost 15 years since I've been on the radio. I still have tapes (yes cassettes) of some of my old shows. I have a voice and face for radio. Or I did have a voice for radio. Now my voice just sounds ridiculously low.

I wouldn't be talking then would I :shifty:

Wow, seems like we're all radio people :wink:

You've done radio before?

I mostly have recordings of me calling in to win things, and having conversations with the DJ's because they thought I was interesting. :lol:

However, I did do one 30-second radio ad for my last job. It was always SO awkward and uncomfortable whenever it came on. :lol: Thankfully it was a very specific/time limited ad, so it only played for a few weeks. :D

I mostly have recordings of me calling in to win things, and having conversations with the DJ's because they thought I was interesting. :lol:

However, I did do one 30-second radio ad for my last job. It was always SO awkward and uncomfortable whenever it came on. :lol: Thankfully it was a very specific/time limited ad, so it only played for a few weeks. :D

That's awesome! :lol:

I hear ya on the replaying thing. They're gonna replay my interview for the next couple of weeks every day :ohmy:

How's you today?

Why does this sort of stuff only get played early in the AM on my radio

ScreenShot2012-03-22at110957AM.png

Did a bit of recently-played research...apparently whoever's manning the early hours of that station plays early U2 a lot

Still not enough to get me out of bed early, haha...

Well, certain vibrations could be quite enjoyable.Or so I've heard, of course.

:shifty:

Wow...suddenly the Beach Boys song got really dirty....:shifty:

I'm pickin' up good vibrations
She's giving me excitations
(Oom bop, bop, good vibrations)
(Oom bop, bop, excitations)
Good good good good vibrations

(Ahhhhhhh)
(Ah my my what elation)
I don't know where but she sends me there
(Ah my, my, what a sensation)
(Ah my, my, what elations)
(Ah my, my, what)

Gotta keep those lovin' good vibrations
A happenin' with her
A happenin' with her
A happenin'

Dirty surf boys.

Look at you going all U2.

So thanks for the vibes for my MIL. They did an angioplasty on her heart and there is no blockage. They think there might be one in the artery leading to her kidney, so she goes back Monday for another angio to clear that up. She will be back up and running late next week in time for our visit and our trip to Disney with grace.

My husband started to lecture her on the phone. She needs to lose some weight and get some exercise. I almost threw the remote at his head. It's not the time to get preachy while your mom is laid up in the hospital. He hated when his dad nagged him to lose weight. Dude, you are starting to sound like him.

I'm bummed because I had the opportunity to run on a relay team from Quincy to Cape Cod ( that's really far) in a 48 hour relay. We are busy that weekend so I can't. I know some of you are like "that sounds horrible" but it would be a challenge and something different. And I was going to help a friend out by taking her longer runs since she's recovering from an injury. Maybe next year.

Glad the MIL is gonna be okay -and yeah, boys can be dumb. Yesterday, my friend got really mad at her husband becuase we were just talking about our kids' "experimenting" with "foul" language (my little guy has started saying stuff "sucks" and I don't know how I feel about that) and the guy says to his 7 year old "Sucks to be you". I thought she was gonna kill him :lol:

Bummer about the relay. Is it a RAGNAR? I kinda want to do one of those, but the one here in AZ isn't very pretty a course. My friend was telling me about one in Orange County or San Diego. I'd do that one! We'll see how the Bay to Breakers goes and that may be my next challenge.

Yup, for my work. I'm promoting a youth volunteer challenge we're putting on. It went really well. The guy that interviewed me said I sounded like a pro. I'm so relieved because I was so nervous :wink:

:hug:s for you.

Hope you're kitty is okay :hug:

Thanks for all the hugs last night. I :heart: you all.

Cool about the radio interview! The only time I was interviewed was on our local news channels when I did a very controvercial play. My kids and I were on every local news station and in the paper twice.

lol

Wow...suddenly the Beach Boys song got really dirty....:shifty:

(Oom bop, bop, good vibrations)
(Oom bop, bop, excitations)
Good good good good vibrations

(Ahhhhhhh)
(Ah my my what elation)
I don't know where but she sends me there
(Ah my, my, what a sensation)
(Ah my, my, what elations)
(Ah my, my, what)

A happenin' with her
A happenin' with her
A happenin'

Dirty surf boys.

You mean there ever was anything NOT dirty about them? :shocked:

Miep was mostly okay, though I explained my concern with her behaviour changes lately(slow, lethargic, mostly deaf), and the vet said that if I don't trust it, we could get a blood sample to see if her kidneys are still working properly. And the thing on her front paw could be an infection, so she's on antibiotics. Giving her pills was always a drama, two people, one holding her in a towel, the other pushing the pill in and rubbing her throat until she swallowed. Today the vet just gave us the most brilliant piece of advice ever.

We have this thing called liverwurst(according to wikipedia Liverwurst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and you have special bread ones that are paste like. Miep LOVES this stuff, and I put the pill inside, and tah dah, she ate it. :D How on earth did we not think of this before?

I used to love Braunschweiger. My father used to get it and that's what we had for lunch or dinner some nights.

Yes, it is a RAGNAR. I find it funny they call it scenic when some of it is run in the dark. But it's not in the cards this year. And I'd have less than 2 months to get ready for it.

I bought the one I prefer here, it's called Likkepot, and its' with pieces of capsicum and herbs and stuff. :drool: Great on a sandwich.
Don't think I've ever had braunschweiger. That's probably the more darker, rough liverwurst.

We have liverwurst here too Gg. Not my thing but I always remember my grandpa would eat a sandwich of it every night at about 1 am. :lol:

Oh and hello Comet :wave: :kiss: I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever? How's your mom? Is Chelsea getting ready to move out?

Hi Zooey. :hug: I know I haven't had as much time to just hang out here and chat, but it's going not so badly now. My mom is better, but still needs someone to live with her so I've been driving back and forth spending the nights here to help Chelsea get moved in so it's hectic, but ok. She has a little upstairs loft for her bedroom and it's really cute and cozy. We're gradually getting her stuff moved over. Looks like my brother will try to stay here every Sunday night soon too so Chelsea can have a night at our house. That will be nice. Chelsea, Camille and I are so used to our late night TV marathoning together the 3 of us are going through withdrawals! HA!

A nighty liverwurst sandwich? :giggle: Interesting habit. I feel sorry for your grandma thoguh, becuase it's pretty damn horrible for your breath!

Good to hear your mom's doing better.

bonocomet said:
That was 8 months ago? :sad: How can that be? :ohmy:

One thing I can say is that giant slice of pizza and beer was the best thing I ever tasted at 1 AM after the concert when we were tired, hungry and soaking wet! :lol:

It seems like yesterday. Our fan gathering was such a fun night! Thank god for that juke box. It ate most of my money haha.

Wow you got a spot in there after the show? I ended up wandering around the streets with Val trying to find a place with space. No luck there. Then we ended up in the lobby on the computers with Amy, Drea, Dan, and I think you were there too right?

A nighty liverwurst sandwich? :giggle: Interesting habit. I feel sorry for your grandma thoguh, becuase it's pretty damn horrible for your breath!

Good to hear your mom's doing better.

:lol: Yeah I always remember when I was little and got babysat there, it was great fun because my grandparents (no longer with us) stayed up ALL night. They were amazing night owls. :ohmy: They had this HUGE industrial size coffee pot (like something you'd see for a whole office or something) that percolated coffee 24 hours a day and they drank it all night! My grandpa tinkered endlessly on mechanical stuff in his garage and would come in at 1 AM for his sandwich. My grandma would sit at her table drinking coffee and playing cards all night with her neighbors. It was nothing for her friends on the street to pop in at any hour, even 2 Am or whatever, for a game of cards or just to gossip. It was SO WEIRD to us kids, but awesome so we loved staying there. :lol: They never made us kids go to bed!

It seems like yesterday. Our fan gathering was such a fun night! Thank god for that juke box. It ate most of my money haha.

Wow you got a spot in there after the show? I ended up wandering around the streets with Val trying to find a place with space. No luck there. Then we ended up in the lobby on the computers with Amy, Drea, Dan, and I think you were there too right?

We did! But not at first... we (a small group of us including ARW) went there right afterward and it was of course so packed we couldn't get in, so we also roamed the streets looking for somewhere to go but it was the same everywhere. Actually our group started bigger but we lost people along the way as everyone searched for food. :lol: Anyway after at least an hour of walking and wandering we went back there and it was nearly empty! They were only serving pizza at that point which was fine by us. :love: It was like finding heaven. :lol:
We did go back to the lobby with you guys afterward. I have those pics of you guys (you, Amy, Val, Drea, Dan...) on the blue crack looking for wet band pics after the show. :shifty:

This is for U217. :shifty:

A Gallery of Famous Intact Men

But you guys might find it interesting as well. They say they only post the ones that they have proof for... but they don't list that proof for SOMEbody...

Is this a gallery of their "intact ness"? Is it safe for work? Maybe I'll just wait til I get home.. :giggle

I used to love Braunschweiger. My father used to get it and that's what we had for lunch or dinner some nights.

Yes, it is a RAGNAR. I find it funny they call it scenic when some of it is run in the dark. But it's not in the cards this year. And I'd have less than 2 months to get ready for it.

Yep - I have exactly 2 months (minus 2 days now) to prep for Bay to Breakers :panic: :yikes: :gah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom