PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the good wishes - today went really well. There is a LOT to learn. :ohmy: Wow. Kinda overwhelming for the first hour or so. :lol: The last half of the afternoon was really quiet though, which was nice. We messed about on the internet, played some games and just relaxed. It was nice! That's the great thing about this job - when all the work is done, I CAN read a book or go online or whatever, so that's awesome. :D I think I will definitely like this job. There's a lot of repetitive stuff to do, but it won't feel like repetition until I really get the hang of it.

All in all a good day. :)

Sounds like a good first day, Thora :up: :). Glad it went well.

That would be from the Just For Laughs festival in Montreal, judging from the stage behind him in the still *g*

That's right, thank you! I thought it was a Canadian festival, I was just blanking on what the name of it was or where in Canada it was.

Thanks!

Oh, my god, the bit with him at the piano...:lmao: :heart: :drool:. That was awesome.

Forgot to mention: Sir Robin's song is even funnier if you get the Streisand-on-Broadway and Fiddler on the Roof jokes :lol:

Never actually seen 'Fiddler on the Roof', but I have a passing enough familiarity with that and the Streisand thing, so woo! Funny stuff regardless, though-Tim Curry looked like he wanted to bust out laughing at the end of the clip.

Loved the Webber clip you shared, too. Lucky you getting to see 'Phantom'-I remember in 6th grade we listened to a performance of that in my music class. I've been in love with that story ever since.

I got to see 'Les Miserables' on Broadway when I went to New York City. Looking at these clips and all this Broadway talk just further convinces me I need to move to where I can see cool things like this on a regular basis.

It ws so sweet, and really funny.....

Oh, yeah. During the moments in the years when he didn't get her, like the episode where Daphne has that weird vision about her wedding, and Niles thinks the vision's about him, but at the end Donny winds up proposing to her and she says yes, right in front of him...stuff like that, I was like, "Awwwww...". I felt so bad for the poor guy!

But things worked out, so yay!

:yes: Sideshow Bob and Cecil. :lol:

Ah, yes, Sideshow Bob and Cecil. Even in cartoon form he still gets a funny name :p.

Actually, the Niles character caught my attention right away because Niles happens to BE my actual last name! How's that for a funny coincidence?

It is! I got so happy when I got that notification, I sorta feel :nerd:-y now.

Hehe, if you're nerdy, so am I-I react the exact same way.

Oh, yeah. During the moments in the years when he didn't get her, like the episode where Daphne has that weird vision about her wedding, and Niles thinks the vision's about him, but at the end Donny winds up proposing to her and she says yes, right in front of him...stuff like that, I was like, "Awwwww...". I felt so bad for the poor guy!

But things worked out, so yay!

Oh, my heart broke when Donny proposed to Daphne!

I was so glad that she ran off with Niles instead! Romance, ftw! :reject:

Ah, yes, Sideshow Bob and Cecil. Even in cartoon form he still gets a funny name :p.

Actually, the Niles character caught my attention right away because Niles happens to BE my actual last name! How's that for a funny coincidence?
Not just a funny first name either. Their last name is Terwilliger. :shifty:

Really? That's awesome! The only claim to fame (in that respect) that I have is I was named after Loni Anderson. :doh: Thanks, Dad.

Hehe, if you're nerdy, so am I-I react the exact same way.
:hi5:

:nerd:s are awesome.

I just realized that dorm rooms make no sense. How are we supposed to get anything done when the bed is the main feature? I just slept all day pretty much. Now I'm awake, I'm tempted to just lie in bed and listen to records. No way am I moving to the desk.

Last month I participated in a fan video for my hockey team - today I finally found out what it was for. It's for a campaign leading into the playoffs. So far in all the photos/short video clips that have been released, I'm not visible at ALL. Damn cute kids getting in the way!! :fist: :lol: Maybe there's hope that I'll be visible in upcoming videos or photos. It was fun to do, but if I'm not even fucking visible, what was the point of me being there?! :tsk: :lol:

Hey, Katie!

Cramped rooms. Gotta love 'em, huh?

Oh, my heart broke when Donny proposed to Daphne!

I was so glad that she ran off with Niles instead! Romance, ftw! :reject:

HELL, yes! Critics be damned, I too was happy they got together. Hmph.

(And they ran off in the most romantic of vehicles. A Winnebago :lol:.)

Not just a funny first name either. Their last name is Terwilliger. :shifty:

Really? That's awesome! The only claim to fame (in that respect) that I have is I was named after Loni Anderson. :doh: Thanks, Dad.

Cecil Terwilliger. I'd LOVE to know what writer came up with that name.

LMAO...oh, my god, really? Nice :p!

I wasn't named after anyone specific, to my knowledge. My parents just liked the name Angela.

:hi5:

:nerd:s are awesome.

:hi5: Yes. Yes, they are :).

And nerdy men? Well, that's just HOT.

Oh, ew. I just took a bite of my dinner, and then I sneezed!

:lol::reject:

Charming, LOL!

:wave:

...I've been off IF a bit, haven't I :reject:

That's ok. I think we all assumed you were busy with school. :hug:

Last month I participated in a fan video for my hockey team - today I finally found out what it was for. It's for a campaign leading into the playoffs. So far in all the photos/short video clips that have been released, I'm not visible at ALL. Damn cute kids getting in the way!! :fist: :lol: Maybe there's hope that I'll be visible in upcoming videos or photos. It was fun to do, but if I'm not even fucking visible, what was the point of me being there?! :tsk: :lol:

:lol:

Damn kids! :fist:

HELL, yes! Critics be damned, I too was happy they got together. Hmph.

(And they ran off in the most romantic of vehicles. A Winnebago :lol:.)

Hell yes!

That always cracks me up: a Winnebago... :lol: Oh, but I do love when she first climbs in and calls him Niles for the first time... that's just :cute::love:

Cecil Terwilliger. I'd LOVE to know what writer came up with that name.

LMAO...oh, my god, really? Nice :p!

I wasn't named after anyone specific, to my knowledge. My parents just liked the name Angela.

Yea, seriously. Those dudes at the Simpsons are really weird in their humor sometimes.

Yea... it's kinda embarrassing, but kinda not. :reject: My mom wanted to name me Cinnamon Ria. I'd love to know how that conversation played out between them... :lol:

:hi5: Yes. Yes, they are :).

And nerdy men? Well, that's just HOT.
Which totally explains my slight crush on Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.... :p

Charming, LOL!
What makes it worse is that dinner was spaghetti and Italian sausage.... :lol:

:hyper:

Kind of seriously enjoying Bryan Ferry's singing voice right now, as the turntable plays crackly Roxy Music...(which is odd and makes it sound almost industrial but whatever.)

So I guess I really shouldn't try to find Ok Computer or Joshua Tree in record stores—because they will be playing. Nonstop. All the time. :drool:

Hell yes!

That always cracks me up: a Winnebago... :lol: Oh, but I do love when she first climbs in and calls him Niles for the first time... that's just :cute::love:

:yes: :cute: :heart: Awwww, yeah.

Also, I wanted her wedding dress.

Yea, seriously. Those dudes at the Simpsons are really weird in their humor sometimes.

Yea... it's kinda embarrassing, but kinda not. :reject: My mom wanted to name me Cinnamon Ria. I'd love to know how that conversation played out between them... :lol:

They are. But hey, it's clearly worked for them all these years! Besides, I like weird humor.

Cinnamon Ria? That's...strange and yet kinda cool all at the same time. That would've indeed been a very interesting conversation to hear, I'm sure.

Which totally explains my slight crush on Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.... :p

Sheldon! Yes! I think he's adorable, too. I haven't seen a lot of that show, but I've seen a few episodes on DVD when staying over at a friend's place. It's a cute show, and he's a great character.

I've also seen Jim Parsons on TV in interviews. He seems like a really sweet, down to earth guy.

My love for nerdy men also explains my crush on Stephen Colbert :D.

What makes it worse is that dinner was spaghetti and Italian sausage.... :lol:

...lovely... I'm hungry now!

So, I was just watching this clip, and I have to show you it because there are two names that pop up in there that you may know ;):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlwGShMNaoY&feature=relmfu

:yes: :cute: :heart: Awwww, yeah.

Also, I wanted her wedding dress.
I've never wanted to be married, but yes. I wanted that dress. It was gorgeous!

They are. But hey, it's clearly worked for them all these years! Besides, I like weird humor.

Cinnamon Ria? That's...strange and yet kinda cool all at the same time. That would've indeed been a very interesting conversation to hear, I'm sure.
Hell, I'm still a fan! :lol:

Yea. Very interesting.... I wonder how my dad won out, as my mom has said that by the time I was born, they were decided that I would be named that, and that it would have been Lonnie if I had been a boy.

Sheldon! Yes! I think he's adorable, too. I haven't seen a lot of that show, but I've seen a few episodes on DVD when staying over at a friend's place. It's a cute show, and he's a great character.

I've also seen Jim Parsons on TV in interviews. He seems like a really sweet, down to earth guy.
My love for nerdy men also explains my crush on Stephen Colbert :D.
Jim is totally adorable. And very funny.

Stephen Colbert :love:

...lovely... I'm hungry now!

So, I was just watching this clip, and I have to show you it because there are two names that pop up in there that you may know ;):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlwGShMNaoY&feature=relmfu

Hey, yea... they mentioned a couple guys I love. :shifty:

Not to mention Chris is :cute:

Tara, why is that sad?

And Thora, if I didn't already say it, glad you had a good first day at work. I'm so happy for you!

Thanks! :hug:

Woah, that video really mucks up this page. :lol: But it's my boyfriend George doing the interview, so all shall be forgiven. :love:

He's coming to town next week and I tried to get tickets to one of the tapings, but had no luck. I got to go a few years ago, but it would have been fun to go again. Maybe next year! :)

Woah, that video really mucks up this page. :lol: But it's my boyfriend George doing the interview, so all shall be forgiven. :love:

He's coming to town next week and I tried to get tickets to one of the tapings, but had no luck. I got to go a few years ago, but it would have been fun to go again. Maybe next year! :)

That is so weird that it's doing that. Wonder why that is. Sorry, everyone, LOL.

Sorry you couldn't get tickets. Not familiar with this George guy, do tell more about this boyfriend of yours.

I've never wanted to be married, but yes. I wanted that dress. It was gorgeous!

:yes:

Hell, I'm still a fan! :lol:

Yea. Very interesting.... I wonder how my dad won out, as my mom has said that by the time I was born, they were decided that I would be named that, and that it would have been Lonnie if I had been a boy.
It's kinda neat that show's lasted as long as it has. I know, naysayers and whatnot, but eh, if people are still enjoying it, that's the most important thing.

That is so weird indeed. Go figure.

It's nowhere near as interesting name-wise, but that reminds me of when my sister was born. My mom wanted to name her Alyssa, my dad wanted to name her Ashley. I was the deciding vote.

Now I kinda like the name Alyssa more and wish I'd gone with that one, especially since there's, like, a bajillion Ashleys out there :lol:. My sister's middle name is Elizabeth, and my mom was kinda leaning towards that as her first name, too. But nope. Ashley it was.

Jim is totally adorable. And very funny.

Stephen Colbert :love:

Hey, yea... they mentioned a couple guys I love. :shifty:

Not to mention Chris is :cute:

He is! That accent alone :drool:. And your love of Jim and Stephen as well-have I mentioned I really like your taste in men :D?

Hehe. Yeah. I heard that and was like, "Hey! Tara should see this!"

Good night! Sweet dreams, as always!

Galeongirl said:
Guys do not quote posts with youtube videos in spoilers, that crashes the Interference format. ;)

Weird. Mine didn't impact Interference. At least not on my end. But I went to bed before the others.

Just some posts seem wonky right now. It gets even wonkier if those posts are quoted, we've had that in the past, a complete page was fucked up. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom