PGP: Blue craic, Y U NO WORK...going Paleo on yer arse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, dazz. It's all okay. :hug: Today was my last day, and I was giddy as I was leaving. :lol: My supervisor mentioned that they will probably request to have me back again soon. I just said thanks and left. What I didn't say is "no way in hell, buddy." :lol: Not unless I get a different position. And even then I don't know.

I did get some good news this afternoon, though. There's an office job opening that's about a 10 min drive away from my house, and the temp agency submitted my resume for the job. However, I was the 3rd person they submitted, so who knows if I'll even get it. I'm going to call the agency first thing tomorrow morning to see what's up with that, since they were supposed to call/email me back by the end of the day but I never heard from them. It's a higher paying job, and it's a long term (6-12 months) contract, with a potential raise after 3 months. So that's pretty good! :) We'll see what happens.

We don't have very many good record stores around here. :sigh: We used to have a 3 story HMV building downtown, which was fabulous, but I heard that it recently closed. What a shame! :( They had 2 floors of music stuff, and one floor of movies/TV shows, etc. It was a great store to go into. I wonder what will take its place...

Providing I'm not working next week, I'm going to spend a full day downtown just having fun and maybe doing a (very little) bit of shopping before going out to dinner with my BFF that night. I'd obviously prefer to spend the day having fun and being outside, but if I'm working, that's okay too. :wink:

Good news about the next potential position, Thora. And dinner with your friend (and a little shopping) sounds nice too. I went shopping briefly this weekend and bought a pair of brown suede ankle boots for $16 (Steve Madden) and a sweater on sale at the Gap for $15. It was a good sale day. I'm so cheap - I usually balk at spending more than $20 for anything that's not athletic gear (that same day I spent $17 on goggles and $40 on a new race top)

U2 pizza service - YouTube

2.25: you can see me (the long brown hair on the left of the man with red shirt) with TJT vynil booklet in my hand...running to be closer to The Edge :lol:

Once again, I have to say, how WEIRD would it be to be a rock star and have people screaming for you all the time. I don't like it when 5 students ask me questions at once :lol:

So this is mainly for Amy and Thora, but I'm desperately looking for a friend to do the Warrior Dash with - all of my friends are either busy or broke but I want to do this race SO FREAKIN BAD!!! Take a look at the course!

Warrior Dash | Arizona

(don't worry, I'm not asking you to fly down here and do it with me, I just thought you all would appreciate it)

I was gonna catch up on the last couple pages but after seeing the flinging uterus comment, I'm not sure I want to :huh:

There have been many Warrior Dashes here and I just do not have the upper body to do those - yet. Man, what my trainer made me do tonight. I felt like I was on the Biggest Loser. I did ropes, medicine ball, push ups off the Bosu ball and boxing drills. Guess what? I have shoulders!

And my uterus would be flinging itself. It would be screaming, "Impregnate me now!" if they played Hawkmoon live.

If any of you are with me should I ever meet Bono and you bring this conversation up (Amy's gonna fling her lady parts at you in concert), I will deny I said this....maybe.

So this is mainly for Amy and Thora, but I'm desperately looking for a friend to do the Warrior Dash with - all of my friends are either busy or broke but I want to do this race SO FREAKIN BAD!!! Take a look at the course!

Warrior Dash | Arizona

(don't worry, I'm not asking you to fly down here and do it with me, I just thought you all would appreciate it)

That looks awesome!! :up: There's a location near me in August... :lol: :hmm:

Good news about the next potential position, Thora. And dinner with your friend (and a little shopping) sounds nice too. I went shopping briefly this weekend and bought a pair of brown suede ankle boots for $16 (Steve Madden) and a sweater on sale at the Gap for $15. It was a good sale day. I'm so cheap - I usually balk at spending more than $20 for anything that's not athletic gear (that same day I spent $17 on goggles and $40 on a new race top)

Thanks! I hope it will work out. I should have some fun money on that day (it will be my birthday), plus it's supposed to be sunny. :)

I'm totally cheap when it comes to clothes and stuff too. :hi5: I NEED to buy a waterproof jacket for when I run, and that's going to be a painful purchase. :lol: I'll probably use money that my family will send to me for that. :wink:

I so very desperately need new running shoes. I'm still wearing the same ones from last year while training for the marathon. But I have to wait until after our vacation for that. Sucks. My legs are like, 'really? Can't we splurge?'

Amy, I'm not sure I have the upper body strength for it either. In fact, I'm considering asking Mr.Z if he'll do it with me :shocked: just so he can help me over a couple of those walls.

Ooh Thora - B'day!!!!!! Glad you've found a way to make it a good one. :hug: I'm terrible at remembering and don't get notified of such things so you'll have to remind me/us.

And my uterus would be flinging itself. It would be screaming, "Impregnate me now!" if they played Hawkmoon live.

If any of you are with me should I ever meet Bono and you bring this conversation up (Amy's gonna fling her lady parts at you in concert), I will deny I said this....maybe.

:lmao:

If I ever meet Bono and you're there too, I promise you, I will not bring this up...

I probably won't even remember my own name! :lol:

Oh yeah, when do you leave? Next week?

Next Tuesday. We are off to sunny Florida for a week with the in-laws. Yikes. But 2 of those days are in Disney. It should be good. After that, I might be able to squirrel away $60 for my shoes. But I need to try on some new styles.

Sounds fun, Grace!

Thanks! :D They gave me the company name so I could look them up, and they sound pretty decent, although it's hard to know what the office is like (one of many locations in N America) based just on that. But we'll see what happens tomorrow when I give the agency a call. :)

I'm SO excited to sleep in a little bit tomorrow. :lol:

Sleeping in :drool:.

Ah, okay. Well, that's cool that the office sounds pretty decent from what you've noticed so far, hopefully the office will be cool as well. You're welcome-as always, rooting for you with ths.

I shall post so you may look upon it.

And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.

:lol:

Forget my uterus flinging itself at Bono, it'd be all I could do to keep MYSELF from tackling him if he did that song.

Tara, hope your stuff gets here soon!

In other news, can I please marry Stephen Colbert? Please? He's killing it tonight on his show.

Amy, I'm not sure I have the upper body strength for it either. In fact, I'm considering asking Mr.Z if he'll do it with me :shocked: just so he can help me over a couple of those walls.

Ooh Thora - B'day!!!!!! Glad you've found a way to make it a good one. :hug: I'm terrible at remembering and don't get notified of such things so you'll have to remind me/us.

I definitely do NOT have the upper body strength for some of those obstacles. :yikes: Doubt I'd be able to get the strength by August, but you never know. It's a LOT pricier than the other runs that I normally do cost, and it's half the length. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future. :)

I'm not a huge birthday person, so I probably won't bring it up again. I never like to have a party or anything - I just want to spend time with my BFF, or if my parents are around, I like to hang with them. I've had some BAD birthdays in the past, so as a result I keep them low-key and non-eventful so that there's no chance of them going bad. :lol:

Tara, hope your stuff gets here soon!

In other news, can I please marry Stephen Colbert? Please? He's killing it tonight on his show.

Yea, me too. I emailed them and told them I paid (yes, I am that excited!), and they told me it won't ship until Wednesday, and that I will recieve a shipping confirmation.

:shifty: Well, U217 is gonna marry Grace's profile pic, so I don't see why not. :D

I really want to listen to that song now :).

Yea, me too. I emailed them and told them I paid (yes, I am that excited!), and they told me it won't ship until Wednesday, and that I will recieve a shipping confirmation.

:shifty: Well, U217 is gonna marry Grace's profile pic, so I don't see why not. :D

LOL, ooh, that's a good idea! I didn't think about doing that, I should do that next time I order something offline! Sounds good, though-after that it shouldn't be much longer, then!

Woohoo! *Runs off to grab a ring, find Stephen, and propose*

I may or may not have almost fainted when I saw this pic.

(spoilered for the non-Bryan Adams fans)

r1lb7s.jpg

Gg, the quote is yours to let everyone in IF know I am nucking futs.

I guess that makes us all bridesmaids. I look terrible in yellow for the record.

GraceRyan said:
I guess that makes us all bridesmaids. I look terrible in yellow for the record.

Yes!
I'm thinking life size versions of pink Barbie gowns, assuming Mattel doesn't sue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom