PGP: Attempting to capture the Babyface Mullen gang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the story I posted the link to earlier. Sweet x infinity :cute:

When I saw Baja's request I hesitated to come with my own story but reading these amazing stories here from the other old fans from the early 80ies I thought what the hec, my story belongs in this topic too.. I am a fan.
I am a 51 year old male from the Netherlands and I am a fan since 1980 when I saw them in Amsterdam on the Boy tour. Never missed a tour since that day one. A few weeks before I saw them in october 1980 I went with a few friends to a Stiff Little Fingers concert in Amsterdam wich was really good, a lot of beer and bruises involved, SLF was a quite wild punkrock band ;-) So when I saw this add in a newspaper that 'another Irish band was coming' I didn't have to think very long and bought a ticket..
This time around however I had only 1 beer before I stood in awe.. I guess you all know what I am talking about. My life was not the same after the concert. They were on a club tour and I just wanted to see them more than once. So I went to several venues, it was feb. 81 by now. They also came to my hometown (Rotterdam) and it was there that I decided to go to their dressing room after the concert with a tray of beers.. I just HAD to talk to them, to get to know more about them etc. They liked my idea coming to the dressing room with drinks, it was not a problem at all. It became a long night..
Long story short: I was involved with the first NL U2 fanclub (Annelies de Haan started it, she's a dear friend upon the day of today) and I had many, crazy adventures with U2 on tour in the period 1980- 1992. Impossible to tell them all here ofcourse. After 1992 It was harder to see and meet them 'as in the old days' and I had peace with that. I have all my memories!

-In 2009 I was in Dublin with a bunch of friends for the 360o concerts. We were all in the same hotel so we all were having a great time. The concerts were on friday, saturday and monday. Sunday was the 'day off' and I went with a few others south to walk along the beach and have a drink at Finnegan's. I had the information that U2 was out of town because of all the fans in town and therefor was not prepared for the following..
When we were entering Finnegan's, Bono was just coming out! There were other fans too ofcourse, he was in a good mood and started to give autographs like he alway does. Exitement all around. it was a cheer moment.
Two guys from Mexico wanted a picture with him and I volunteerd to make a proper picture from them with Bono. And then it happened: while I was taking that picture a friend of mine who was with me said to Bono: don't you remember him? what happened next you can see by the pictures: Bono focused on me in the crowd and indeed he did recognise me after all those years! He said "OMG, sorry that I didn't recognised your face at first, we go back to the early 80ies! How ARE you doing" etc. We talked a bit (as far as you can speek of talking, I was stunned actually, wasn't prepared fot this at all and didn't come up with anything bright to say, lol) while the other people had to wait for their autograph. Suddenly he takes a step back, take a good look at me and says: " come on man, give me a big hug!".

Okeeee... There I stood, hugging with my old hero.. even now, while writing this, I get the shivers, haha. It was a sort of homecoming and it still feels very good that this happened.. It was the cherry on the pie besides the Dublin concerts ;-)
I asked him that if he ever should feel the urge to have a drink with an old geezer/fan, I was available, haha. Sofar no responds, . If you read this Bono: the invitation still stands, first drink is on me, I can handle it!

Bono1BonoHerkendMij.jpg

Bono2BonoHerkendMij.jpg

Dublin9.jpg

Dublin11.jpg

BonoCorJuulfoto.jpg

I guess what I'm saying is that you should tell him that, casually. Not like you're assuming he DOES want one. Just bring it up casually. Or just ignore me completely.

You need to write it out, plainly and obviously. I'm a fat, ugly girl. I don't know how to handle flirting when a guy might mean something behind it. I'm supposed to do the flirting.

It's supposed to rain the SAturday we're in Disneyland, but HOPEFULLY it stays clear for the other two days.

Stay warm, Thora.
*sends Thora some hot cocoa*

Hoping for good weather for you!

Thankfully it's not really cold - there's just white stuff falling from the skies. :giggle: But thanks! I love hot cocoa! :drool:

: applaud:

Aw shit maybe it's member only. I'll repost it here. It is so touching and yet another reason showing what an amazing awesome human being Bono is, dammit! Give me a minute and I'll copy it here.

They banned me. Assholes. : angry: : lol: But yeah they deleted my account and banned me from the site. No kidding, I received a letter stating that I am no to ever use or even VISIT the website again. LOL!!!!
It's because I had so many videos up from various news sites etc that didn't belong to me. Well of course EVERYONE who has videos up on that site owns those videos, um yeah right. :rolleyes: It's just that I was caught and obviously they don't have the time to go around closing everyone's accounts with stuff they didn't film themselves. If they did they wouldn't have much of a website left but I think they do it every so often here and there for legal reasons to keep the big companies like Viacom happy that it at least looks like you tube is trying to enforce it. Whatever! I just felt bad that all those great videos have disappeared from YT now. I still have them all of course, but it was nice to be able to share a lot of that old stuff that isn't on there anymore.

That's frustrating. :angry: And so ridiculous that they want to ban you from the site entirely. What assholes. :rolleyes: Have they blocked your IP totally? That's so unfair.

Here's the story I posted the link to earlier. Sweet x infinity :cute:

Bono1BonoHerkendMij.jpg

Bono2BonoHerkendMij.jpg

Dublin9.jpg

Dublin11.jpg

BonoCorJuulfoto.jpg

Aww, that's so awesome! :love: Thanks for posting it.

Hoping for good weather for you!

Thankfully it's not really cold - there's just white stuff falling from the skies. :giggle: But thanks! I love hot cocoa! :drool:

That's frustrating. :angry: And so ridiculous that they want to ban you from the site entirely. What assholes. :rolleyes: Have they blocked your IP totally? That's so unfair.

Aww, that's so awesome! :love: Thanks for posting it.

Oh yeah I can still get onto you tube if I want to see something. They don't seem to know or care if I visit it. I'm sure they had to ban me from it completely for legal reasons, but just as they don't enforce the rules on the 10 zillion other videos that are on there that people obviously don't "own", they don't seem to enforce that either. I haven't tried making a new account again. They said I'm not allowed, so oh well!

Ugh. Girl, you can get a decent desktop to replace your dinosaur at a thrift store for 110 US. We have GOT to do something about that. It hurts to see friends using inferior technology...

It still does a lot of what I want it to do, and there's no sense replacing it until it's practically dead ;)

Oh yeah I can still get onto you tube if I want to see something. They don't seem to know or care if I visit it. I'm sure they had to ban me from it completely for legal reasons, but just as they don't enforce the rules on the 10 zillion other videos that are on there that people obviously don't "own", they don't seem to enforce that either. I haven't tried making a new account again. They said I'm not allowed, so oh well!

Well, that's good that you can still watch videos there. Stoopid YT people. I'm sorry you were one of the few who had to get shut down. :(

The sun is now peeking out from behind the clouds, so that's a great sign. :) Yay for snow going away! :lol:

New Thread :hyper:

K, you've got mail :wink:

:hyper: Thanks!

I'm gonna read it as soon as I finish my school stuff.

*grumblemutter* My IE keeps freezing when I try to go through more than one page of the U2.com news archive (still trying to find that Adam video) - I'm giving up for now :(

See it's impossible to find :sigh:

:lol: @ Bono's face in that first picture after the story! Awesome.

BC, that's lame - did that just happen recently? I wonder if they're doing a big crackdown, because this weekend I clicked on at least 5 links I had saved that said the user's account had been deleted (I believe for the same/similar reasons).

This is going to be the longest week ever, I can tell already. :sigh:

:hyper: Thanks!

I'm gonna read it as soon as I finish my school stuff.

See it's impossible to find :sigh:

I can upload it to send space for you guys, at least you could download it and watch it on your computer. :hmm: Of course I have to dig thru my files and find it!

:lol: @ Bono's face in that first picture after the story! Awesome.

BC, that's lame - did that just happen recently? I wonder if they're doing a big crackdown, because this weekend I clicked on at least 5 links I had saved that said the user's account had been deleted (I believe for the same/similar reasons).

This is going to be the longest week ever, I can tell already. :sigh:

Hmm not super recently, I can't remember when now, maybe in the last few months or so. I'd been a member on there for so long too! Nearly half the U2 stuff people have on there is not owned by them obviously, so yeah I'm sure they do random spot checks and deal with the ones that get complaints from the biggest corporations like Viacom (MTV) once in a while to keep them happy. Oh well. I do still have all my videos, but it was nice to share them. My u2 channel had a lot of subscribers, now all those videos aren't up there anymore. Well, a few are that people had swiped from me. :wink: But again, they weren't "mine" to begin with.
Although my Green Day videos WERE mine. Argh.

Oh and I love the look on Bono's face in the second pic too, where he's just recognizing the older fan. :cute:

I must resist Bath and Body works. I must resist Bath and Body works. Smelling like honeysuckle will NOT get me any closer to Edge. No matter how happy it makes me.

I'm sure Edge likes happy people
<--- Bath and Body Enabler

Ooh, Comet. You're such a rebel :flirt:

Alright, I'm off to the gym and to listen to the Cape Town show :hyper: I haven't been this excited for a workout since I was seeing TBE at the gym regularly!

I'm sure Edge likes happy people
<--- Bath and Body Enabler

*snerks* But I don't think it matters to him if I smell like honeysuckle or regular soap. Don't tempt me! I can go in there and drop $80 US without blinking... my favorite is their Moonlit Path. Every time I smell it, I think 'This is the kind of smell that attracts Wandering Bonos.'

*snerks* But I don't think it matters to him if I smell like honeysuckle or regular soap. Don't tempt me! I can go in there and drop $80 US without blinking... my favorite is their Moonlit Path. Every time I smell it, I think 'This is the kind of smell that attracts Wandering Bonos.'

*runs to B&BW to get some Moonlit Path* :hyper:

Have fun zooey, it's a great show. :wave:

I'm uploading Adam drives to Bono's house now if anyone wants to download it. It's an mp4 file. 53.9 MB

Hmm if anyone wants a better copy though you can still download mine. It sounds much better and plays full screen without that annoying player info on the screen. :hmm:

screencap ;)

adamdrivesbono2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom