PGP : Assemble! Like penguins in the wild!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:D Lots of U2 activity this weeks, can't wait for another golden globes Fbomb :applaud:

So you guys know I have kids, and going away is a bit of a big deal. I was talking to my mother today and confessed my secret burning ambition to do more than one night of shows at the nearest city for the next tour. She looked at me for a long time, puzzled, and said, "Why would you need to do more than one night?" :gah:

I found it kind of depressing, actually. Like you tell someone you'd like to go to medical school and they say, "Oh honey, do you think you're cut out for that?"

Aw, well I just always think it's a little funny how most people who don't have a crazy fandom attraction to a band just don't get the multiple show thing.

vwMin.gif

I find it scary that most people never even went to ONE concert in their life.
:lol: They have NO clue. They really don't. And I don't even try to tell or explain them what I'm doing out there following bands on multiple dates.

There is one girl from my old class. And she recently texted me: You know, it actually looks kind of cool. Which band do I need to see to do that ?

Well.. How the hell should I know what band you like.
I figured I should buy her a U2 ticket and she'll be hooked. :shifty:

And yes, just listened to that clip. Its like beach clips all over again!
Can't really make out a lot, but it sounds like a guitar heavy song. Which is my preference. Can hardly hear any bass or drums at all. Just guitar and vocals.

We had high cloudcover today here and it reflected light from the sun (which is still to be seen) a bit, almost everyone was out walking and enjoying cause it wasnt so dark:lol::lol:

I find it scary that most people never even went to ONE concert in their life.
:lol: They have NO clue. They really don't. And I don't even try to tell or explain them what I'm doing out there following bands on multiple dates.

There is one girl from my old class. And she recently texted me: You know, it actually looks kind of cool. Which band do I need to see to do that ?

Well.. How the hell should I know what band you like.
I figured I should buy her a U2 ticket and she'll be hooked. :shifty:

What did your friend think was cool? Was she seeing clips of U2BROTHR?
I keep my fandom very much under wraps on purpose, but I'm wondering if I need to start to come out a weeny bit so that this trip I want will be explicable in some way.

For you all, how aware are your RL people of your Interference community? And how did it go when you started to have the two worlds touch? I live in a pretty non tech oriented culture and of everyone I know, I can think of only one who considers in internet a legitimate way to meet people. My mother.

Will listen when I'm back ! Going to have a stroll on the beach with the dogs ( we suddenly have 4 today :hi5: )

Jeeves, my fandom is so deeply rooted in my real that it's impossible to separate them now. If I wasn't threatening to sell plasma and extraneous internal organs to get to multiple shows, everyone I know would wonder what the hell was wrong with me.

What did your friend think was cool? Was she seeing clips of U2BROTHR?
I keep my fandom very much under wraps on purpose, but I'm wondering if I need to start to come out a weeny bit so that this trip I want will be explicable in some way.

For you all, how aware are your RL people of your Interference community? And how did it go when you started to have the two worlds touch? I live in a pretty non tech oriented culture and of everyone I know, I can think of only one who considers in internet a legitimate way to meet people. My mother.

Everyone in my family, etc., know how serious I am about U2 also. You can't really fly from San Diego to New York, Pittsburgh, and Minneapolis for multiple shows, then up to Maine and Canada and drive all day up to the boonies for a festival in the middle of nowhere in the rain and knee deep mud, and keep it a secret. :lol:

But I do remember people not getting it at first and thinking I'd lost my marbles. :sexywink: (<-- winky wink because it's still not certain that I actually haven't.)

Back
Top Bottom