PGP - are you too good to show us your bloopers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been watching the videos. I'd like the dvd now, plz. :drool:

I'm shocked that Matt's camera didn't get destroyed. Which would have been very, very sad for so many of us.

I need to try that program you mentioned. (was it in the other thread? I forgot to write it down :reject: can you tell me again? And Gg let us know how it works for you!

Ha ha haaaa! I have that on my iPod, and every time it comes on, I just laugh so hard!

"Fuck NO! Fuck NO! Oh gooooood for you!"

We play it on purpose almost every few days. It's gold. :lol: Half the language we speak in this house though is movie quotes, and that one is right in there too. If you do not speak the language of movies you might not be able to communicate in our house. :wink:

I have NO idea how to download DVD bootlegs or any of that so if anyone figures out how to get a copy of the Moscow show and can make me a copy I'll pay for a DVD and postage and maybe even send you a little something extra :wink: kthx

I need to try that program you mentioned. (was it in the other thread? I forgot to write it down :reject: can you tell me again? And Gg let us know how it works for you!

Oh, sure! It's Convert X To DVD. ConvertXtoDVD - AVI to DVD Video Converter to burn on DVD

Here's a list of all the formats it supports: ConvertXtoDVD Video format supported

and it does it all without installing codec packs on your computer.

The only format I've found that it doesn't burn are ISOs (although later versions may, mine is a couple of versions ago)...but that's no big deal, I found a free program to burn ISOs, which I think I've used maybe twice in the past year - both times for non-U2 stuff.

You can find it on torrent sites. I was just saying the other day that in my opinion, it's one of those rare products that actually does what it's supposed to do, and does it well, and that it's well worth the money. :) And then there's also the free legal version, but that's the one with the watermark. Still, you could download that and try it on something non-important, just to see how it works, if you like it, etc.

I still have to find the right place for it, but look what I found yesterday! :D
bonoguitar.jpg

WOAH! You bought that? That's sooooo cool!!!!! Maybe you can get him to sign it!

I can bring you some to Chicago. They're be a few days old though but still pretty good :drool:

:flirt:

As highly appealing as that is, 15 hrs away is doubtful. I'm still holding onto some optimism that you can be convinced that Montreal is in your best interest, though. :wink:

I'm fairly decent at US geography, but I was thinking Minneapolis is much closer to Milwaukee than it is - I looked into a trip there some years back with some baseball buddies. I was promised plenty of beer and brats if I went. I was wrong about their proximity, obviously, boo.

Bratwurst :drool: Def worth a 16 hr drive if they're good.

Do it!! I'll be there :sexywink:

I'm driving 12 hours to get to Chicago, then driving 15 hours from Chicago to Montreal, then driving 6 hours from Montreal to Toronto, then either driving 9 hours from Toronto to Philly or taking a long ass train ride.
Then fly home from Philly and a week later drive 7 hours from Thunder Bay to Minneapolis and back :wink:

.....and all the while getting little to no sleep lining up super early and camping out. Man, I'm tired just thinking about it :crack:

ZOMG - yeah, you might die from that. I know I'd get sick. I'd wind up with a cold/flu. After Phx/Vegas/Pasadena last year I had no voice - actually by Pasadena I sounded like Kathleen Turner and by the end of the show I wasn't even making any noise when I screamed. :lol:

:bono:: Ain't I handsome? :Wink:

VP I thank you for remembering me that program. I used it for all my bootlegs, excellent program , and then I lost it because my laptop crashed. Forgot the name - and voila.
Now I have it again! Creepy even the internet has fate.

VP I thank you for remembering me that program. I used it for all my bootlegs, excellent program , and then I lost it because my laptop crashed. Forgot the name - and voila.
Now I have it again! Creepy even the internet has fate.

Glad I inadvertently helped! :) It's an amazing program, isn't it? What I like about it is that it does *everything* for you. You just put in the name of the file to burn, and as if by magic, it's done. :up:

I messed around with a shitload of free programs, and even some that you have to buy (although I tried them for free first :shh: ) and they were awful. This one is just so...intuitive.

It's also relatively fast with file conversions. Sarah has a windows media burning program with her Vista premium (basic doesn't come with it)...and it converts and burns, but it's soooo slow. :crack: I think it might not work for some formats, too.

I sound like I work for the company or like I'm getting a cut of sales. :reject: I swear I'm not, I just realllly like it.

Glad I inadvertently helped! :) It's an amazing program, isn't it? What I like about it is that it does *everything* for you. You just put in the name of the file to burn, and as if by magic, it's done. :up:

I messed around with a shitload of free programs, and even some that you have to buy (although I tried them for free first :shh: ) and they were awful. This one is just so...intuitive.

It's also relatively fast with file conversions. Sarah has a windows media burning program with her Vista premium (basic doesn't come with it)...and it converts and burns, but it's soooo slow. :crack: I think it might not work for some formats, too.

I sound like I work for the company or like I'm getting a cut of sales. :reject: I swear I'm not, I just realllly like it.

I know , I usually try everything free, but I'm not satisfied easily. I want it to be quick and simple just like you described.
And even if you did work there : I just hack everything :reject: So I'm not paying anyone.

Ok I'm going to do this!!! And you said they play on your TV (dvd player) and what kind of dvd's do you buy? (sorry!)
Thank you!

I have NO idea how to download DVD bootlegs or any of that so if anyone figures out how to get a copy of the Moscow show and can make me a copy I'll pay for a DVD and postage and maybe even send you a little something extra :wink: kthx

If I fail at this I might have to make a similar bribe! :lol:

Ok I'm going to do this!!! And you said they play on your TV (dvd player) and what kind of dvd's do you buy? (sorry!)
Thank you!

Yup, they play in the dvd player, PS2, computer, etc.

For blank dvds, I buy Verbatim for burning U2 stuff, I've been through hundreds of them and never had a bad disc, and I've read lots of good about the brand. I buy them when they go on sale. As for other stuff, tv shows where I'm not that worried about the quality, I just buy whatever's on sale (not Memorex though, I've had a bunch of bad discs from them in the past)...right now I'm on a Sony spool.

You're welcome...I'm far from an expert or anything, but I've learned my way around torrenting and burning the past few years, so if there's any more help you need, just let me know. :)

VP, are you using youtube vids to make a Moscow bootleg? Or is it on u2torrents?

OOh yeah good question. I figured you are downloading torrents at either u2start or u2torrents? :hmm:

I dl'ed a bunch of You Tube vids at the start of the first leg of this tour because I was anxious for a dvd to watch on tv, but as I learned, the dvds will get out there in a few weeks or months sometimes, if you're patient, they're generally better because they're multicams, the shots of various filmers edited together for multiple angles.

So yeah, now I get most of my stuff at U2 Torrents, although some I've gotten on Pirate Bay, some on Demonoid.

I dl'ed a bunch of You Tube vids at the start of the first leg of this tour because I was anxious for a dvd to watch on tv, but as I learned, the dvds will get out there in a few weeks or months sometimes, if you're patient, and they're generally better because they're multicams, the shots of various filmers edited together for multiple angles.

So yeah, now I get most of my stuff at U2 Torrents, although some I've gotten on Pirate Bay, some on Demonoid.

Ok :) (and I'm sure I asked you this before too :doh: do the shows fit on 1 dvd or 2? and do I need to look for a certain size of those blank dvd's you mentioned?) Apologies to everyone! (I'll be shutting up about this in 3, 2, 1... :reject: )

Ok :) (and I'm sure I asked you this before too :doh: do the shows fit on 1 dvd or 2? and do I need to look for a certain size of those blank dvd's you mentioned?) Apologies to everyone! (I'll be shutting up about this in 3, 2, 1... :reject: )

:lol: It's no problem!

It depends on what kind of a burner you have - is it single or dual layer? I think most computers within the past year, maybe two, are standard with dual layer burners. In that case, you can use dual layer dvds - they're more expensive, but more will fit on them. Not sure if you can also use single layer dvds on those burners, but I know you can't do it the other way (can't use dual layer dvds in a non-dual layer burner).

As for fitting shows onto dvds, it depends how the files for the shows are uploaded. Some shows are in one file, and will fit onto a standard dvd. Other shows are split into two dvds, so, one half of a show on each dvd. Some shows, the files are huge and are made to fit onto one dual-layer dvd. Convert X to dvd will shrink these files though, so that they will fit onto one standard dvd.

Did I explain that clearly? Let me know if I didn't. :lol:

You also need to know the speed of your burner (x4, x8, x16). This is for knowing what speed of disk to buy, and what speed to set your burning program to burn at.

My dvd burner is x8, I think, but from what I've gathered, you can buy either x8 discs or x16 - the ones I buy are DVD-R x16 - the higher speed of discs will work on lower speed burners, but not the reverse: eg: I use a x16 disc with my x8 burner, and it's fine, but I couldn't use a x8 disc with a x16 burner (although I'm not even sure they sell x8 disks anymore).

For burning speed, it's been so long since I set up Convert X to DVD that I can't remember if it recommends a speed for your computer or not, but I do know that the slower you set the burning for, the higher quality the disc will be. For example, as I said, my burner is x8, but I have ConvertX set to burn at x4.

THANK YOU :kiss: (now to figure out what the speed of my burner is... :uhoh: you mean I already have one somewhere on my computer?) see this is why this has been so daunting to me... I haven't a clue.

I mean, COME ON! Just look at that GQ mother-effer.

As Christian Bale would yell: "It's fucking distracting!"

:shifty: *switching from lurker to poster* :shifty:

I was just telling a friend & moderate U2 fan the other day about all the great pictures we've gotten on this leg of the tour & how Bono really is better than ever since his surgery. I told her that although I've got a good vocabulary & a firm control of the English language, there's really only one way I can describe just how great the band - and Bono, in particular - are looking. And it doesn't involve any highly evolved words. In a nutshell:

"Muther fucker, they look goood!"

:reject: That's it - that's all I've got. But it says everything I want to convey. :shrug: :wink:

:shifty: *switching from lurker to poster* :shifty:

I was just telling a friend & moderate U2 fan the other day about all the great pictures we've gotten on this leg of the tour & how Bono really is better than ever since his surgery. I told her that although I've got a good vocabulary & a firm control of the English language, there's really only one way I can describe just how great the band - and Bono, in particular - are looking. And it doesn't involve any highly evolved words. In a nutshell:

"Muther fucker, they look goood!"

:reject: That's it - that's all I've got. But it says everything I want to convey. :shrug: :wink:

And you chose the perfect words. :drool:

:wave:

THANK YOU :kiss: (now to figure out what the speed of my burner is... :uhoh: you mean I already have one somewhere on my computer?) see this is why this has been so daunting to me... I haven't a clue.

You have a cd drive, don't you? You should, unless your computer is ancient. :lol:

What operating system do you use? You can go into your control panel and look at the system or device manager information and find the brand of your drive, and then google it. If you'd like steps to do this, let me know, but I need to know your operating system to give you exact instructions. :)

I usually have no trouble downloading the ready-made DVDs being torrented, but I used to have loads of trouble trying to get various video clips compiled, usually because I was using free software and it wasn't compatible with all file types - I ended up with a lot of wonky DVD compilations!

Honestly, I might start from scratch and capture the ones I want to keep from YouTube and burn them again - might be easier.

I'll echo my earlier comment about the ease of using ImgBurn, a free burning program. Love it. :up:

You have a cd drive, don't you? You should, unless your computer is ancient. :lol:

What operating system do you use? You can go into your control panel and look at the system or device manager information and find the brand of your drive, and then google it. If you'd like steps to do this, let me know, but I need to know your operating system to give you exact instructions. :)

Well I burn cd's on itunes all the time if that helps! Ok lemme go see, I'll be right back.
Thanks for your suggestions too cori. I'm assuming the ready made dvds you speak of is the the same kind of torrents that VP is downloading? (goes like this again... :uhoh: )

Yeah, I do torrents. Torrents are actually easier when it comes to the burning, because the information on the site will tell you if it's 1 DVD or 2 DVDs, if it's a dual-layer, or an HD DVD (which I can't burn, so boo).

I might have to come back to this thread later and try to convert/burn YouTube videos this weekend.

I just checked directions to Minneapolis. It's a 15 hr drive for me. :lol:

GG, what a COOL guitar! Was it expensive?
Surprisingly, it wasn't. Usually hand made miniature things are really expensive. These guitars(they have tons of different artists signatures) are 30 a piece, which isn't that bad to me.

:lol: I don't think so - she was only looking for pictures after I was talking about the leather and the rain. I pointed her to the 360 thread; I don't know how much she'll poke around.

It's not the end of the world if she figures out who I am, though.

Do it anyway, so I can meet you. :wink:
Heh, well it would be fun to share the leathery goodness with a coworker anyway!
:ohmy:
I mean, COME ON! Just look at that GQ mother-effer.

As Christian Bale would yell: "It's fucking distracting!"
I can certainly say it distracts me. But mayb eit was the many beers I've had tonight. Nah. It's the leather.

Back
Top Bottom